[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is student demonstration time so hated?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: surfs-up.jpg (328KB, 953x953px) Image search: [Google]
surfs-up.jpg
328KB, 953x953px
Why is student demonstration time so hated?
>>
The demonstration must not be very good if everybody hates it.
>>
because of mike love and how the album is otherwise perfect
>>
>>69727338
>because of mike love
this
>the album is otherwise perfect
not this, it's a good song
>>
>>69727423
it is an awful song
>>
The lyrics are trying so hard to be "muh counterculture" when Mike Love is about as hip as Ed Sullivan in a too tight suit. Mike Love didn't care about politics, he just wanted the band to look cooler.
>>
I recently got round to listening to the smile sessions and realised that the only redeeming song from surfs up wasn't even fucking written for the album. Instantly deleted it from my pc what the fuck Mike you duped me again.
>>
>>69728190
but anon, Surf's Up is a good album
>>
>>69728190
>Feel Flows
>Til I Die
>not two of their best songs
>>
>>69727274
It's a good song, but it doesn't fit the album at all. So people have a negative impression
>>
Just listened to this album properly last week.
Disney girls is probably now one of my favourite beach boys songs. So sweet and heartful. I repeated it so many times. Then the loudness of student demonstration time fucking ruins the serenity i got from disney girls
>>
I believed you guys for so long that I always skip Student Demonstration Time. I finally just listened to it.

WOW!! This song had me out of my chair and boogying around my room. I put it on repeat. My dog came in and we danced. This song rocks!!!
>>
>>69729374

Mike, come on now.
>>
>>69729268
Next time you listen to Disney Girls, play Feel Flows instead. Then Lookin at Tomorrow. Then ADitLoaT...
>>
>>69728190
>surfs up
>take a load off your feet
>don't go near the water
>long promised road
>Disney girls
>a day in the life of a tree (god tier)
>'til I die

Jesus anon
>>
CAUSE THERE'S A RIOT GOING ON
>>
>>69727274
It's just a version of Riot in Cell Block No. 9 but redone with "hip" lyrics that just sound out-of-touch and stupid.
>>
It's like if Radiohead did a dead serious cover of Don't Stop Believing in the middle of AMSP. Just very out of place in the flow of the album. Also, the lyrics are laughably bad.
>>
Replace "Take a Load Off Your Feet" with "4th of July"
Replace "Student Demonstration Time" with "Wouldn't It Be Nice To (Live Again)"

Album goes from 8/10 to 10/10.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.