[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Friendship ended with STEVE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: Spiderland.jpg (34KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Spiderland.jpg
34KB, 500x500px
Friendship ended with STEVE
>>
Should've fixed those headphones, Steve
>>
>Steve stepped outside
>It felt good to leave headphones
>>
>>69723470
Thank fuck for that.

I wonder what this album would have been if they let Steve reign supreme again. Imagine the potential Tweez had if they were actually allowed to do what they wanted.
>>
>>69725213
so much reddit and /v/ in one post
>>
File: slint_1_1354190121.jpg (38KB, 318x320px) Image search: [Google]
slint_1_1354190121.jpg
38KB, 318x320px
>>69725700
>He likes Tweez
>>
>>69725213
but Tweez is good, just Spiderland is in another realm of its own
>>
>>69725920
Tweez is just alright, I don't think it's terrible, but it certainly could have been much more.

If you want a good example of this, compare "Rhoda" on Tweez to the version on the Untitled EP, which was recorded around the same time as Tweez was.
>>
>>69725988
>>69725988
Tweez is an excellent album. I prefer Spiderland but Tweez is an unappreciated masterpiece.
>>
File: lit.jpg (76KB, 428x600px) Image search: [Google]
lit.jpg
76KB, 428x600px
Does the intro to Kent make anybody else tingly?
>>
>>69726482
Kent is kino
>>
>>69726250
I'm listening to Tweez again and I'm liking it a lot more this time. Charlotte is fucking sick
>>
carol best track
>>
>>69726588
What the fuck do you mean? You're commenting on these albums without having listened to each at least 30 times including in-depth-study listens and for-fun listens?
>>
>>69726631
I'm so sorry, anon.
>>
Steve smiles, and the last car is ready.
>who told you that you can tweez
>>
>>69726703
Steve was the ticket taker all along
>>
>>69726703
@ >>69726588
>>
>>69725903
Tweez is good though
>>
Tweez easily is the better produced album
>>
>>69726874
No.
>>
>>69726874
The guy who produced Spiderland also did Atomizer which heavily influenced Tweez.

No need to fight now, we can all just suck each other and fuck.
>>
>>69726874
How can u say that tweez is better than spiderland at all?
>>
>>69725213
Listen to the Untitled EP. It was great, arguably even more out there than Spiderland for its time. It was recorded with Albini.

Albini himself agrees he fucked up on Tweez and that his early production was too involved. But once the 90s came around his production was great and he made a point of just leaving the bands to their own devices and capturing their sound as accurately as possible. I mean, it's all he ever talks about when it comes to production.

Tweez didn't have that many good ideas, anyway. It was a mess, Albini or not. What was good was expanded on in the EP.
>>
>>69726981
>u
>>
>>69726874
All those random studio clips would have ruined Spiderland. Sure it works for stuff like Surfer Rosa, but not so much for something as focused and meditative as Spiderland. They spent years perfecting those songs.

IMO both albums were produced how they needed to be, as safe a stance as that is. There's nothing I'd change about either, but I certainly wouldn't want Spiderland to sound like Tweez. Tweez was just unfocused dissonance, I love it, but Spiderland aimed much higher.
>>
>>69727050
Albini is a self hating cuck. Tweez has the perfect sound. It couldn't have gone better. Tweez was much more than the album that has that cold guitar sound of Albini.

Albini simply now hates to have his personality attached to the band's work.

>mess
It was chaotic by design. It's not a point against it. Seriously just give it a few more listens.
>>
>>69727132
>It was chaotic by design. It's not a point against it. Seriously just give it a few more listens.
Believe me I've listened to it a lot. I know it's supposed to be chaotic, I just don't see how that makes it better produced than Spiderland. Spiderland isn't supposed to be chaotic.
>>
>>69727050
I agree that Tweez isn't full of great ideas, but man I would kill for tracks like Charlotte, Kent and Carol not to sound like shit, there is no breathing room in the recording at all, the guitars and bass just muddy the entire thing up.

Charlotte with some proper dynamics, and less draining guitar sounds could easily rival the songs on Spiderland.
>>
>>69727154
Well I'm not the guy who said it's better produced than Spiderland. But the production gets shat on for no reason that at this point it's a complete meme opinion.
>>
>>69727187
It may be a bit of a meme but people aren't wrong for hating that guitar sound. It's especially understanding if you're coming off Spiderland.
>>
>>69727203
It's retarded as fuck. Spiderland is a different album.
>>
>>69727187
Well, I didn't say that the production is terrible or anything either - just that the style would not translate well to Spiderland at all. Apples and oranges.

>>69727203
I think the guitar sound is more Slint's fault. These guys were autistic as fuck with their guitar tone. I'm not sure they even used a chorus pedal, they just got that sound from tweaking their amps so much. That said, I've also read that Slint really didn't like Albini based on those sessions, so who knows.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.