[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on Metric?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 15

File: emily.jpg (536KB, 1280x1795px) Image search: [Google]
emily.jpg
536KB, 1280x1795px
Thoughts on Metric?
>>
>>69720634
like CHVRCHES but worse
>>
>>69720634
>nipples protruding
Very very disrespectful
>>
>>69720634
she has cute nipples
>>
>>69720656
Tell me you're joking.
>>
>>69720869
Why would I be? Metric is okay, but CHVRCHES does everything they do better. Better hooks, better vocalist (hotter too, desu), better instrumentation, more variety. I don't know why this is up for debate
>>
>>69720656
You must be kidding. Metric are superior songwriters, their vocalist has a much better voice with no shrill tone, their music is much more diverse (Chvrches sound about the same on every song). Their music is catchier too.
>>
File: kero-kero-bonito-compressed.jpg (68KB, 620x620px) Image search: [Google]
kero-kero-bonito-compressed.jpg
68KB, 620x620px
This is the superior chick vocalist for some ugly dudes playing electronic music band
>>
File: 14[1].jpg (48KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
14[1].jpg
48KB, 480x640px
>>69720634
I like this upskirt picture
>>
File: 1477750032695.gif (514KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1477750032695.gif
514KB, 500x281px
>>69721292
She's nice but no on the same level as Emily Haines, let's be real.
>>
>>69720656
jesus christ
>>
>>69721589
*not
>>
metric is the best artist who came from broken social scene
>>
>>69720634

Catchy and fun, but not too deep. Good dodge when normies ask what you listen to and you don't want to scare them off.
>>
>>69721616
True. They're really good and underrated. Also Emily sang on BSS's best song, Anthems For a Seventeen Year Old Girl.

>>69721896
Not too deep? Singing about the futility of wars, about glass ceiling (google this term), about the recycling of ideas by the music biz, about people that work too much and neglect their life, about death, about chasing your dreams, etc is shallow? That's much deeper than singing about love most of the time (e.g. Bjork). You should read their great lyrics more carefully.
>>
>no unit sized similarly to inches
>muh base 10
>celcius imprecise as hell

Yeah no
>>
what are your favorite metric songs guys?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRtd8ArvH_s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6pmarbR4Dg
>>
>>69720666
fuck off don
>>
>>69722181
>celcius imprecise as hell
What are you talking about? Celsius is very precise, unlike the random Fahrenheit scale. There's a reason why the whole world (minus the stubborn USA & few other countries) use Celsius.
>>
>>69722148
>glass ceiling
People really sing about this shit?
>>
File: 1473682361927.jpg (224KB, 1355x1800px) Image search: [Google]
1473682361927.jpg
224KB, 1355x1800px
>>69722273
Dead Disco, Monster Hospital, Empty, Clone, Artificial Nocturne, Combat Baby, Grow Up and Blow Away, Waves, Hustle Rose, Poster of a Girl, Live It Out, Gimme Sympathy, Satellite Mind, Gold Guns Girls, Speed the Collapse, Cascades, Succexy, Help I'm Alive, On the Sly, Hardwire, etc.
>>
>>69722533
Yes. Further proof that's no shallow music.
>>
>>69722467
Celsius is usually expressed and given in whole numbers. And 1C difference equals >2F

So when my thermometer says 81F that is far more specific than 27C (you'd have to express it as 27.22C)
>>
>>69722573
Yout F scale is random. What means 0 and 100? On Celsius scale 0 means the freezing point of the water (you get an idea of how cold it is) and 100 is the boiling point of the water (you get an idea of how hot it is).

>So when my thermometer says 81F that is far more specific than 27C (you'd have to express it as 27.22C)
It's not my fault if you can't handle decimals. Use them, they're good. 81F is the same thing as 27.22C, just written in a different scale.
>>
>>69722640
Amerilard BTFO

Rest of the fucking world wins
>>
>>69722640
>Yout F scale is random. What means 0 and 100? On Celsius scale 0 means the freezing point of the water (you get an idea of how cold it is) and 100 is the boiling point of the water (you get an idea of how hot it is).

On Fahrenheit scale 32 means the freezing point of water and 212 means the boiling point. What's your point? Too complex for you?

>It's not my fault if you can't handle decimals. Use them, they're good. 81F is the same thing as 27.22C, just written in a different scale.
Why use them when our superior system makes them much less necessary?

And besides you celsiusfags rarely use decimals in everyday usage anyway, rendering your point moot. In every day use, Fahrenheit is more precise and easier to use at the same time.
>>
>>69722783
>On Fahrenheit scale 32 means the freezing point of water and 212 means the boiling point. What's your point? Too complex for you?
No. They're just random numbers. The Celsius scale is based on Kelvin, the standard of temperature in science. 0C is exactly 273.15K. You could transform any Celsius grade to Kelvin and viceversa very easily. Try to do that with the obsolete Fahrenheit.

>Why use them when our superior system makes them much less necessary?
Stop defending an obviously obsolete system since on one except a handful of countries need it. If it was that great, the whole world would use it. Same thing for your wacky imperial system: feets, yards, inches, and other non-intuitive crap.

>And besides you celsiusfags rarely use decimals in everyday usage anyway, rendering your point moot.
They use them all the time. Maybe not 2 decimals, but just one (that's more than enough). 18.6C is very precise no matter what you say.
>>
>>69723086
>Same thing for your wacky imperial system: feets, yards, inches, and other non-intuitive crap.
And yet we "dumb Americans" have no problem with it at all. Also, that reminds me of another unit we have that you lack: feet. Once again, a very common unit of yours requires the use of decimals to be precise, while ours does not, especially when mixed with the smaller unit (e.g., 6' 3" - a height you're probably not familiar with but which is pretty common in the USA).

>Stop defending an obviously obsolete system since on one except a handful of countries need it. If it was that great, the whole world would use it. Same thing for your wacky imperial system: feets, yards, inches, and other non-intuitive crap.
Who cares about what any country besides the USA does? Oh that's right, pretty much every country besides us is for some reason obsessed with everything that we do. Meanwhile we Americans don't give a shit about any other country, because we're the only one that matters.

>They use them all the time. Maybe not 2 decimals, but just one (that's more than enough). 18.6C is very precise no matter what you say.
Obviously, both systems can be precise, but practically speaking, and in general use, Fahrenheit is more precise without resorting to decimals. Period.

Also in America we use the freedom of choice to pick which system is best. If you're a scientist and you find celsius easier to use because fahrenheit is a little too complex for you, then you have the freedom of choice to use it. Meanwhile, in everyday life, all Americans use fahrenheit and inches/feet/yards/miles, etc., because they are far more practical, precise, and faster/easier to use than the metric system.
>>
>>69720656
oh come on now.
>>
>>69720656
this is the stupidest post ever made by anyone ever
>>
>>69722640
>0 means the freezing point of the water (you get an idea of how cold it is) and 100 is the boiling point of the water (you get an idea of how hot it is).
Except that freezing and boiling are useless reference points for human beings in terms of practical daily life matters since both lie well outside the body's natural temperature tolerances. Like all other metric scales Celsius is wonderful in theory, but useless in action.
>>
>>69723617
/thread
>>
very good nipple would succ
>>
>>69720634
Decent. One of those sorts of bands where they're really not that great most of the time, but you'll listen to them every once in awhile because their songs are catchy and decent enough.

Fantasies was a legitimately great album, though.

>>69721616
Eh, I honestly like Stars more.
>>
>>69722273
Twilight Galaxy
>>
File: OqNDHko.jpg (98KB, 928x878px) Image search: [Google]
OqNDHko.jpg
98KB, 928x878px
>>69723366
>And yet we "dumb Americans" have no problem with it at all.
Because you're used to it. It doesn't mean it's right. Same for your idiotic date system (MM-DD-YYYY instead of DD-MM-YYYY or YYYY-MM-DD). Pic relevant.
>>
>>69723721
>"Because it looks nicer when misrepresented on a graph, that means it's more practical in day-to-day life!"

I am so glad there's a vast, wide ocean (many MILES long) between our two countries.

Putting the month first is far more practical because the day number means absolutely nothing without the context of the month. For example, when you are reading an article and want to see when it was written. Putting the day # first is retarded because who cares what day it was? There are 12 months that day could fall in.

By putting the month first you already have that information by the time you get to the day number.

Thanks for helping further prove this guy's point: >>69723617
>>
>>69723817
for
>>69723766
>>
>>69723366
>Oh that's right, pretty much every country besides us is for some reason obsessed with everything that we do.
They give a shit because USA is the policeman of the world or the bully, depending on someone's perspective. You crave attention.

>Meanwhile we Americans don't give a shit about any other country, because we're the only one that matters.
That proves how arrogant and stupid you are. You don't care what happens beyond your country. Remember, all empires fell at some point. Good luck with your multi-trillion dollars debt when the Chinese will be really pissed off. Good luck with your jobs gone to China too.
>>
>>69723817
Be glad. You're just trying to find excuses to an imbecile system that no one in the world (except you) wants it. When USA will finally get rid of this obsolete system, what you would say then?

>Putting the day # first is retarded because who cares what day it was? There are 12 months that day could fall in.
It's retarded to put the most relevant thing first? The day is more relevant than the month. Why? The day changes daily, the month once at 28-29-30-31 days. Are you so dumb to forget what month is right now if you need it to be mentioned first every single time?
>>
>>69724090
>Are you so dumb to forget what month is right now if you need it to be mentioned first every single time?
Are you so dumb to forget what day is right now if you need it to be mentioned first every single time?
>>
>>69723894
>Good luck with your multi-trillion dollars debt when the Chinese will be really pissed off. Good luck with your jobs gone to China too.
Don't you worry friend, Trump will fix that. ;^)

>>69724090
We Americans aren't retarded, so we don't state the Month, Day, and Year with regards to things that don't require that amount of specificity. Yes the day is more relevant than the month... during that month. So when you ask what day it is, we'll say "the 5th", but when marking the date of something so that people later on can know exactly when it was recorded, we put "month/day/year" because at that point the day is no longer as relevant as the month.

When I want to get an idea for when an article on the internet is written for example, I quickly glance at the date and see the month and the year on both ends and that's all I need to know and that gives me the general idea. If an article was written 3 years ago I don't give a shit if it was written on May 1st or May 2nd. So we hide that number nicely in the middle. It's there when you need it but you don't have to go looking for it when you don't, which is a very large portion of the time.

>When USA will finally get rid of this obsolete system, what you would say then?
Not going to happen unless our government becomes even more like yours and forces it on us, like with most things in your shitty country.

Americans embrace practicality, you Eurofags embrace whatever your nanny government forces you to embrace.
>>
File: OqNDHko.jpg (10KB, 359x190px) Image search: [Google]
OqNDHko.jpg
10KB, 359x190px
>>69724212
I knew you will say that, dumb American. The day changes daily, so you could confuse it with the previous/next day.

The point is that you shitty system that you defend so fiercely is illogical. Look at this picture.
>>
>>69720656
K Y S
>>
>>69724090
>It's retarded to put the most relevant thing first?
Months in the Gregorian calendar don't have equally distributed days. Therefore giving the month first is more functionally practical since it allows you to judge where a particular day falls in terms of that particular months.

Again, the oddball standards used in the U.S. tend to favor ugly functionality over nicely formatted uselessness.
>>
File: 1481930835017.png (18KB, 441x396px) Image search: [Google]
1481930835017.png
18KB, 441x396px
>>69724321
>he thinks a picture with shapes is an actual argument against our far more practical system
>"if the shapes don't look aligned as nicely that means the order of the units inside them is all wrong!"

Your argument can be used against you anyway, note how the day is the smallest, i.e., the least important. So we surround it with the bigger shapes - the more important ones - since it's easier for the eye to focus on left/right sides.
>>
>>69724266
The problem is that your shitty date system affects everyone else that use the logical system (D-M-Y). People can't be sure what is the day and the month on a date like 5/1/1906. They have to check if it's in the standard system or in your stupid system. Why Americans don't do the right thing like the rest of the world? Arrogance?

At least, why don't you use Y-M-D format? No, you must piss everyone off with your stupid date.
>>
>>69720656
first post best post
>>
>>69724432
>So we surround it with the bigger shapes - the more important ones - since it's easier for the eye to focus on left/right sides.
That's retarded. You have to roll your eyes all over the place instead reading from left to right like any decent human. It's much more logical to sort things from smaller to bigger or viceversa. Accept that your system sucks.
>>
>>69724447
>Why Americans don't do the right thing like the rest of the world?
see:
>>69724359
>>
>>69724508
You lost, stop posting now
>>
>>69722148

To be clear, I tend to use the term "deep" in a slightly different sense than most - I'm not saying their lyrics are vapid, I'm saying they're accessible. It doesn't take a literary genius to divine that "Gold Guns Girls" is about materialism and the hedonistic treadmill, but that doesn't make the song any less impactful. It's just a style of songwriting.

Another example: A lot of people think They Might Be Giants lyrics are impossibly austere, but after reading the commentary on the tracks of Factory Showroom I've come to the conclusion that their lyrics more or less mean what one would naively suspect. It's improved my opinion of the band a lot since it feels like I'm being included in the conversation now.
>>
>>69724359
>Therefore giving the month first is more functionally practical since it allows you to judge where a particular day falls in terms of that particular months.
But you could do that very well if you put the day first and the month second. You read them at once: 11 July, 5 November, etc. It makes sense instantly: it's the 11th day of July, the 5th day of November. From small (day) to middle (month) to big (year). NOT from middle (month) to small then to big (year).

You're just used to a retarded system and now you're trying to find excuses. If you would be European you'd see how flawed is your system.
>>
>>69724537
>You lost
Because you say so?
>>
>>69724544
But what would you want from them to be "deep"? Screaming, fury, anger, what?
>>
>>69724655

I don't want anything from them. They're a good band.

You mistook my earlier comment as criticism.
>>
>>69725795
OK, whatever.
>>
I like her small tities
>>
>>69720634
Fuck, those are perfect tits and nipples.
>>
File: em.jpg (240KB, 375x610px) Image search: [Google]
em.jpg
240KB, 375x610px
bump
>>
File: 1446983100214.jpg (83KB, 480x720px) Image search: [Google]
1446983100214.jpg
83KB, 480x720px
i would let her kill me by smothering me with her ass
>>
>>69720634
gold guns girls and speed the collapse are god tier songs
>>
>>69727148
>>69727389
good bum
>>
File: em2.png (491KB, 800x512px) Image search: [Google]
em2.png
491KB, 800x512px
>>69727430
Emily Haines is succexy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NExkkCNnomo
>>
File: 123.jpg (112KB, 426x640px) Image search: [Google]
123.jpg
112KB, 426x640px
>>69727389
Incredible ass.
>>
File: 456.jpg (50KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
456.jpg
50KB, 750x500px
>>69727551
and legs
>>
File: 789.jpg (105KB, 426x640px) Image search: [Google]
789.jpg
105KB, 426x640px
She's awesome
>>
File: EmilyHaines.jpg (367KB, 683x1024px) Image search: [Google]
EmilyHaines.jpg
367KB, 683x1024px
>>69720656
They're both very good bands. Stop comparing them, music is not a contest.
>>
>>69722273
Collect Call, but the Brie Larson version of Black Sheep is more enjoyable than any of their own recordings
>>
Honestly I always kind of hated them growing up in Toronto and hearing their shit on the radio. I find Emily Haines annoying.
>>
>>69729661
Wot? You had many chances to see them live. I envy you.

>>69729567
That Brie Larson version is boring imo.
>>
>>69724618
>But you could do that VERY WELL if you put the day first and the month second.
And you can do that REALLY REALLY WELL if you do it the other way 'round (since it allows you to more organically judge where a particular day falls in terms of a particular month, since the days in each month vary arbitrarily.)

>If you would be European you'd see how flawed is your system.
I've lived and travelled in both the U.S.A. and Europe extensively. The U.S. way is much more practical for day-to-day use.
>>
Nu-male garbage, disappointed in this thread to be honest my little bros
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.