[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/swans/ - general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: swans-1991-1.jpg (181KB, 577x576px) Image search: [Google]
swans-1991-1.jpg
181KB, 577x576px
Last thread

>>69712910

Today we discuss the le spooky edgy man Michael Gira and his swans. How come public castration is the only good live album?
>>
Anyone seen Swans live on their current tour? I'm going to see them at their last UK date. Is it really as loud as it's made out to be? Will I need earplugs?
>>
>How come public castration is the only good live album?
Because you haven't listened to the other live albums - don't lie to me anon.
>>
>>69720491
>is the only good live album
Because it's not?

Anyways everything they did after the 80s is pure garbage.
>>
Reunion Swans is trash and completely bastardized the fanbase.
>>
File: 1462362656443.jpg (515KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1462362656443.jpg
515KB, 1200x1200px
Why do new Swans fans always skip Love of Life, it's not that bad.

>>69720507
Yes, but you should already wear earplugs to gigs.
>>
>>69720507
It gets pretty FUCKING loud. I brought ear plugs, and whenever I took them out, it sounded like a stuck my head out an airplane window.
>>
>>69720516
Yep.
>>
>>69720507
Saw them in London like two months ago

Honestly I didn't think they were that loud, or at least, as loud as they're make out to be, but was still fucking great. Also I have hearing damage so i'm probably not the best person to judge volume
>>
>>69720539
Love of life is my favorite to be completely honest.
>>
>>69720507
You need earplugs 100% and this is coming from a person who really wanted to see them live without earplugs and fan of noise rock/no wave music.
>>
>>69720516
This.
Nu-Swans is basically Glenn Branca but with more instruments.
>>
>>69720507
I don't get why people always ask this stupid question. Just bring earplugs to every show and put them in if you need them.

>>69720516
>>69720543
Why is it that the people who say this can never form more than a couple of sentences of criticism, if any at all? I agree with you on the fan base, luckily I'm not obsessed enough with who else is listening to something to let that dictate whether I like it.

>>69720735
What's wrong with that?
>>
>>69720761
>What's wrong with that?
Everything.
>>
>>69721000
Can you go into more detail about the similarities and why they are bad? Or are you just namedropping things you don't really understand?
>>
>>69721104
Compare this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jSdTBGhDSg
to this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sYbzKp-nDY

We all know that Gira knew about Branca (he even helped Branca on some records) but this new direction is lazy as fuck compared to his earlier material.

The production is superb tho, thanks to John Congleton.
>>
>>69721207
I've listened to both. What I'm asking you to do is explain why the influence is bad in more detail than just "lazy," which itself is a lazy and very safe criticism because of how vague and meaningless it is.
>>
>>69720507
The show starts of very loud, but then somehow at the end, they manage to make it even louder to a point where it sounds like white noise.
>>
Swans are Dead is better than Castration.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.