[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

why did this thing fail against the IPOD? i had both zune and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: zune.jpg (36KB, 1200x900px)
zune.jpg
36KB, 1200x900px
why did this thing fail against the IPOD? i had both zune and zune HD. they were both cool but i remember my OG zune had very low battery life. zune HD was cooler but that also flopped too.
>>
the iPhone made both iPods and Zune's obsolete.
>>
>>69709916
I had the very first gen Zune when it came out. I was convinced it was going to be the biggest thing.
Some piece of shit stole it from me when it was in my backpack at school though. Fucking nigger!
>>
>not still using a Walkman
>>
>>69709916
Microsoft wasn't cool enough for El Normos, it's all about the look a device can give you, rather than it's functionality.
>>
>>69709916
The iPod was the original and already had established itself before the Zune came along.
The Zune was better btw. Shit was durable.
>>
>>69709928
Pretty much this. I loved my Zune, but the iPhone was just so much more convenient once it rolled around. I do miss the Zune version of Hexic, though.

Also, the Zune logo is so much fun to draw.
>>
File: IMG_20161216_214242_01_01.jpg (2MB, 2610x3755px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161216_214242_01_01.jpg
2MB, 2610x3755px
reppin
>>
yeah i think i had ever zune model until the last one, was it the hd one?

i liked it and i found their software to be less buggy than the itunes software at the time.

then i got a 4s and still use that today as my main player although with different software to manager music
>>
Good question. I had a zune when they first came out, it had wireless syncing with your computer from the start. Nobody batted an eye. But when ipods and iphones got wireless syncing, everyone shit their pants, even though zune had it for ages and nobody seemed to care. Too many apple shills i guess, zune was pretty great.
>>
File: fugly.jpg (53KB, 600x417px)
fugly.jpg
53KB, 600x417px
>>69709916
>why did this thing fail against the IPOD?

because 199 out 200 times people chose the one on the right
>>
>>69711844
Left looks cooler though, I'm sure the thickness was intended.
>>
>>69711870
>I'm sure the thickness was intended
yeah, because they didn't spend the capital for R&D on how to make it thinner
>Left looks cooler though
maybe in poopworld
>>
>>69709916
Shit marketing by Microsoft. The Zune HD is a solid mp3 that could rival the ipod for it's time.
>>
File: 2015fdsf.jpg (233KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
2015fdsf.jpg
233KB, 1360x768px
I still use the software
>>
>>69712673
Christ, I remember having to use that shit when I had a windows phone. Piece of shit program permanently fucked my music folder by filling it with extra files for EACH song's album art.
>>
>>69709942
This.

And the iPod won for the same reason the iPhone wins in the US: it's what's popular. People buy the iPhone because it's the trendy one that everybody uses, and it's the trendy one that everybody uses because it's what everybody buys.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.