/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Armchair ethnomusicologist-core

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 1456522758958.jpg (556KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1456522758958.jpg
556KB, 1200x1200px
ITT: Armchair ethnomusicologist-core
>>
wat
>>
File: Pipes of Pan at Joujouka.jpg (423KB, 567x567px) Image search: [Google]
Pipes of Pan at Joujouka.jpg
423KB, 567x567px
>>69708912
Armchair ethnomusicologist detected
>>
>>69708912
exploring traditional music in non-western cultures but having all the legwork cut out for you. a label befitting of someone whose purpose for listening to these kinds of things is to appear cultured and academic, but i don't see the harm in acquiring them for entertainment purposes
>>
File: The Crying Princess.jpg (285KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
The Crying Princess.jpg
285KB, 1200x1200px
>>69708963
this
>>
>>69708899
>>69708949
>>69708963
>>69708994
so... you don't want us listening to this at all? and then you'll probably make another thread complaining how anglocentric the board is
>>
>>69709033
You can but I just want you to admit how uneducated and dumb you are first.

Admit right now. Say it. Say how dumb and uncultured you are right now.
>>
>>69709033
there's nothing wrong with listening to them (i own a lot of dust to digital stuff personally), you're just not earning your ethnomusicologist wings by doing so
>>
I mean, become a "true" ethnomusicologist requires a pretty serious investment in a vinyl/shellac setup just to play anything, and then any 78s from interesting places like Sudan, Burma, etc. all go for hundreds of bucks. Dust-to-Digital and Sublime Frequencies are good resources for people interested in the history but are incapable of sinking hundreds into buying one rare single.
>>
@69709056
You want this (You), don't you? Yeah...beg for it, boy.
>>69709060
I don't think anyone except the teens on RYM have claimed to be supreme ethnomusicologists for listening to this comp? Come to think of it, hardly anyone does. This seems like paranoia on your part.
>>
>>69709237
i've never listened to that comp
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.