[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will the Flaming Lips ever go back to making good music like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

Will the Flaming Lips ever go back to making good music like pic related or did Wayne Coyne get permanently ruined by Miley?
>>
>>69704488
I dunno but how?? Was dope
>>
>>69704488
He got ruined by his divorce, not Miley. He just went off the deep end in the past few years. Steven is the real genius anyway.
>>
>>69704488

I liked The Terror more honestly, arguably 7 Skies H3 as well. But Embryonic is still pretty damn great.
>>
>>69704488
Hit To Death In The Future Head is their only good album
>>
>>69704488
is it just me or is this their magnum opus?
>>
>>69704488
>>69707674
AWWTM, Zaireeka, the Soft Bulletin, and most recently the Terror are all better than Embryonic.
>>
>>69707766
Soft Bulletin is definitely better than Embryonic. The Terror and Zaireeka are on even footing with it (all three are great, very different, very dissonant). Yoshimi is good but overrated, and AWWTM was a weak followup. Clouds Taste Metallic is probably their most underrated:

>Soft Bulletin
>Embryonic=Zaireeka=The Terror
>Clouds Taste Metallic
>Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots
>Transmissions from a Satellite Heart
>At War with the Mystics
>Everything else
>>
>>69704488
I saw them live a few weeks ago and maintain they have one of the strongest sets and shows out there. Amazing visuals, great collection of songs, stellar stage presence. Coyne is a real trip. I met him before the show and we were in stitches at some bs we chatted about.

However, to be honest, I don't think they've topped Yoshimi with their more recent albums. Maybe a multi-year break from touring and recording may refreshen his creativity and do him some good.
>>
>>69707674
People who think that embryonic is better than the soft bulletin make me sick and deserve death
>>
>>69707766
i dunno, i think embryonic is unfairly slighted due to when it was released. if it were 5 years earlier it'd be a 10/10, and i think that's unfair cause it stands up to a lot of stuff in those 5 years
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.