[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is the best Smashing Pumpkins album. Prove me wrong.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 1

File: adore.jpg (102KB, 950x950px) Image search: [Google]
adore.jpg
102KB, 950x950px
This is the best Smashing Pumpkins album.

Prove me wrong.
>>
guitar music is gay kys
>>
That's not SD

Also that album is 50% filler
>>
>>69691532
No it isn't. Adore had like two filler tracks at the most and one of them was only 17 seconds long.

SD had more filler tracks.
>>
>>69691515
adore is the SP album where they moved farthest away from guitar music so you're only proving op right
>>
Blank Page is one of their best songs but no.
>>
>>69691557
Name one filler track on SD. And you'd better not say Sweet Sweet or Spaceboy.
>>
Adore is my least favorite pumpkins album
>>
I can't stand the vocalist.

With a different vocalist I'm pretty sure I would love the bands songs/compositions a lot more than I do now.

Tonight, Tonight would be one of my favorites of all time without Corgan singing it.
>>
>>69691505
not their best but still pretty damn good
>>
>>69691660
Silverfuck
Rocket
Sweet Sweet desu
>>
>>69691829
>Rocket
It was a fucking single.
>>
>>69691660
>you'd better not say two of the examples which best prove me wrong

Sweet Sweet
Silverfuck went on for 4 minutes too long
Spaceboy
>>
>>69692015
I wouldn't really call Billy's acoustic ballad to his retarded half-brother filler. Even so that's only 2.5 filler songs on an album of 13 songs.
>>
Apart from Sweet Sweet SD has no filler.

Mellon Collie on the other hand...
>>
Machina and Machina II are undoubtedly their finest
>>
>>69691505
That's not Gish, the true supirior album.
>>
>>69691505
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uWwvQKGjLI
i've always really liked this music video. i fucking found a cassette of adore in my house but the cassette itself is missing. i've just got the case and the album art. fuck my life
>>
>>69692822
I love a e s t h e t i c of that video. Great song too.

I hope u find ur cassette.
>>
>>69691532
What songs from adore are filler?
>>
>>69691557
Pug
Blank Page
Annie-Dog
Shame
The Tale of Dusty and Pistol Pete
Behold! The Night Mare
Apples+Oranges

This album had too many songs unlike SD
>>
Even Gish is better than Adore

nice try OP
>>
>>69692979
This >>69693006
Also there aren't many tracks that will stand out.
For Martha and To Shiela are really great but the other singles Ava Adore and Perfect don't compare well to other LP singles like 1979 or Disarm
>>
>>69693006
>Blank Page
>Annie-Dog
>The Tale of Dusty and Pistol Pete
>Apples+Oranges

Are you fucking serious?
>>
>>69691505
Well which song does Jimmy Chamberlin play on?
>>
>>69693052
>>69693006
But I like each and every one of these songs
>>
>>69693006
All those songs are great
>>
>>69691532
>>69691557
You are both retarded. Neither albums had filler since they recorded nearly 30 songs for each album.
>>
I cannot fucking believe someone just called Blank Page a fucking filler track.
>>
>>69693006
filler =/= songs I don't like
>>
>>69693171
>>69693233
Half the album was bland and forgettable
It doesn't have the same essence as underrated gems on other SP albums like Mayonnaise or Galapogos
>>
>>69693311
>Mayonnaise
>underrated
Please stop posting
>>
>>69691557
>Adore had like two filler tracks at the most and one of them was only 17 seconds long.
Do you really think a 17 second song on a 75 minute CD is filler? like Corgan actually though
>Fuck this album is 17 seconds short!
>>
>>69693006
But all of these songs are great.
>>
>>69693377
It was an underrated song that got a lot of accolades as years went by
Luna, Hummer and Spaceboy if you're still mad
>>
>>69693283
Then in that case there isn't a single album with filler since someone likes them
>>
>Siamese Dream having any filler
fucking lol

Adore is super underrated. Id take maybe one song off of it, but overall it's a beautiful album and some of the best songwriting in Corgan's career (Blank Page is ridiculously good). Im also fascinating by the constant use of a driving and car motif thats used all over the album.
>>
lyrically blank page is probably corgan's best song and someone came in here and called it filter

good lord stop talking about the smashing pumpkins guy.
>>
Gish is way better
>>
>>69693006
you just named some of the best tracks retard
>>
>>69693474
That's not how logic works
>>
>>69691505
>This is the best Smashing Pumpkins album.
>Prove me wrong.

Now I want to listen to this on vinyl but I have to go to bed. Thanks OP
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.