[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm looking to get started with synths. I know almost nothing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Minilogue-large.jpg (109KB, 750x458px) Image search: [Google]
Minilogue-large.jpg
109KB, 750x458px
I'm looking to get started with synths. I know almost nothing about them, but used to fuck around with Reason a lot so I do know a bit about the basic envelop controls and cutoffs and stuff like that.

Is this a good synth to get started with? I need something that is polyphonic because I play in a band where I do bass and lead on keys, and I really like being able to do chords.

What's /mu/'s thoughts on the Korg Minologue? Also synth general, I guess.
>>
>>69687255
I've always thought the interface looks good and it's a good price but if you can try it out at a store or something that'd be optimal.
>>
>>69687255
save up for years and get a moog
>>
>>69687314
What does moog do better?

>>69687295
Yeah, what I liked about it is that all of the features are really easy to get the hang of. I went to a guitar center or something with a friend and this one stood out as the most intuitive as far as being able to make the sounds you want. I also think the sequencer is slick and the waveform display is a HUGE plus as someone just figuring out what each setting actually controls. Plus it just sounds so fly.
>>
>>69687255
So is that thing the new microkorg?

And I don't mean that as an insult, I used to have a microkorg, and I liked it quite a bit, but in the minilogue the new designated "babbies first synth"?

It looks alright though
>>
>>69687406
If it sounded good then get it dude I'd love to have something like that
>>
>>69687413
The advice I've gotten synth shopping has generally been between this, as a slightly more playable and versatile snyth, vs. the Rowland boutique series which seems a little less intuitive and a little more like I'd need a MIDI controller to really make it playable and not just a recording device.
>>
The monologue comes out next month, I'd compare the two if I were you, I'm leaning toward getting the mono rather than the mini
>>
I have the minilogue and i'm extremely happy with it
>>
>>69687255

Its a fine synth. The microkorg can also do 4 voice, but doesn't have the hands on programming. The roland botique JX-3P and JU-06 are also 4 voice, cheaper, but simpler and you could get a bigger midi keyboard to play them.
>>
>>69687406
you must not be very bright.
>doesn't even know what store he went to.
>says a synth is intuitive when he doesn't know what hes doing
>thinking a waveform display is helpful, probably doesn't even know how the harmonic series works.
>used the word "fly"

its not looking good for you dude
>>
>bought a Microbrute months before the Monologue was announced
Fuck.
>>
I have a minilogue and it's great. I recommend it
>>
>>69688918
excellent choice old sport i do say.

i recently snapped and spent a hundred or so bucks on a bunch of casiotone keyboards from the early 80s
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.