[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Ten Worst Songs of 2016

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 4

File: photo.jpg (42KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
42KB, 900x900px
Thoughts?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2USDnIRQy8
>>
>>69679908
as bland and poorly reasoned as you'd expect from a buckley video
>>
>>69679908
Who c a r e s

Some talentless faggot hating muh dum pop music wow how novel
>>
>>69679908
I thought it was a pretty good video but i think the point is to look at pop songs but i never heard of some of these, maybe that is because im from europe and those are the north american charts but in my opinion he should have taken a closer look at the lyrics not just take 8 bars.
>>
Why are his videos like shitty power point presentations lmao foh desu senpai
>>
This triggers the poptimist
>>
>>69679955
he made a video about that you have to keep your videos as simple as possible
>>
>No Corey Feldman
>no https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLGFyxAP0QE
>every song is mainstream pop music, nothing normies wouldn't know
Why should I trust this person?
>>
>>69679988
>also the fact that he gives more than two shits about the lyrics
>ESPECIALLY THE LYRICS IN POP SONGS
This dude is seriously a faggot
>>
>>69679988
>comments and ratings disabled
ok
>>
>>69680042
retard
>>
I didn't evevn watch it yet but I bet he puts Megan Trainor, Jacob Sartorius and BOB in there
>>
The problem with "No" is that you can't tell if Trainor was evoking early 2000s pop on purpose, or if she just doesn't know what a modern pop song sounds like.

>>69679988

It's too easy to make a list of the worst songs if you count shit that nobody has heard.
>>
what kind of sad creature sits through 27 minutes of this
>>
>shitting on the distorted "yous" in This Is What You Came For like they're not the one thing that makes the song memorable

If he can't get over the trope of the human voice as a texture, a trope that has been dominating indie and mainstream music for the past decade, maybe he shouldn't be reviewing pop songs.
>>
>>69680116
>It's too easy to make a list of the worst songs if you count shit that nobody has heard.
but then the list isn't actually the worst songs of 2016 and becomes a whiny "These are some pop songs I don't like"
>>
This faggot is seriously still complaining about lyrics in a dance song?

His justification is "well it doesn't need lyrics so xD"

Worst part is he can't even take criticism himself, call him out for being a whiny tryhard pseud on these things and he'll scream "its not serious xD"

Fucking hate this guy
>>
>>69679986
then why is he even making videos in the first place? what's the point of presenting it as a video if he's not actually doing anything that requires video. Just write your shit, fuck youtubers.
>>
The Amazing Atheist of music
>>
Just seems like he caters to lewronggeneration
>>
This guy makes Fantano look good
>>
Christ, he's more hated on here than i thought he'd be.

I disagree with one choice in the video. In fact I quite like one of the songs (points if someone guesses which song I like in one try). I still enjoyed the video.

I always like the worst song videos even when I disagree with some of the choices on them.
>>
If you watched all the videos in this series you can see how the standards for pop music have gotten lower with every year
>>
>>69680290
why would someone do that to themselves?
>>
File: 1480787323826.jpg (14KB, 419x304px) Image search: [Google]
1480787323826.jpg
14KB, 419x304px
>>69680241
This
>>
>>69680117
that's not what i said. go back to school and learn some reading comprehension ffs
>>
>>69680042
they are in (dis)honorable mentions
>>
>>69679908
This guy makes Christgau look amazing
>>
>>69679908
I count at least 5 good pop songs there
>>
The only good part was when he tore into Megan Trainor. The rest was bland, whiney, and borderline infuriating. And I actually like most of his (non music related) stuff.
>>
>shitting on kiiara gold
i can't believe i used to watch this unfunny hack
>>
>>69680394
Your standards must be really low
>>
>>69679908
Why am I watching this? Every year someone shills this shit and every year I know how fucking annoying his videos are, yet I still click them. What the fuck is wrong with me?
>>
Buckley always just picks the ten most popular pop or hip-hop songs of the year and makes up shit to hate on them like "it's hypocritical because they're talking about being downtrodden when they're rich" or "I don't like this one particular line so the whole song is shit."

He's a fucking moron who uses the tired "angry reviewer" shtick as a way to make up for his grating, monotonous voice and whiny personality.
>>
>>69680590
Would say Fantano uses the Angry Reviewer shtick?
>>
>>69680100
Megan was his number 1 worst. Good guess.
>>
I do agree that the charts have been saturated with slow, repetitive pop and dance songs the past couple years, but that's about the only thing I agree with.
>>
>>69680658
No, he uses the pandering to youtube kids schtick.
>>
File: 1452477104206.jpg (114KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1452477104206.jpg
114KB, 1280x720px
>>69679908
cant believe he reminded me of the song work

that song was so fucking annoying being played this year
>>
That Selena Gomez song actually sounds good, and his criticism against it is so fucking baseless.
He's not complaining about a single thing about the actual song just about the person that made it, which is just so childish.
"Please make music that is above 120 BPM because that's the only allowed music"
What the fuck is wrong with slow music, seriously?
>>
>>69680285
gold by kiiara
>>
>>69683012
he does work at radio, so I'm not surprised he's bored of listening to slow, artsy pop songs since they're so popular right now
>>
>>69679908

I think he has the last one wrong. Most feminists I know realllly dislike Meghan Trainor. No feels like backpedaling. Trying to build up that credibility after being vapid and sexist. It feels pretty disingenuous.
>>
He's a comedian, not a music critic

I'm glad he included that Shawn Mendes song, it makes me angry
>>
>>69683021
Nope. It was Work.
>>
>>69683799
gotta try and stay relevant by bitching about feminism somehow
>>
File: 1400419296924.gif (89KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1400419296924.gif
89KB, 600x450px
> MeowTheRainbowX 7 hours ago
>As a teenager who still hasn't dated anyone yet, I think these videos are actually quite informative. These pop songs basically play like tutorials on how not to start or behave in a relationship.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQLBZc05NlI

Just watch the first 20 seconds of this one.
>>
>>69684295
Top kek
>>
>>69679908
What kind of retard would listen to music he doesn't like?

I only listen to music if I think there's a good chance I like it; otherwise it just gets ignored
>>
>>69684326
He works in radio
>>
>>69684326
He works in radio. He has to hear songs he hates all the time and that's how he usually compiles the lists.

Or if you mean in an in-general sense: 'Bile Fascination'. Sometimes when an album is panned enough you get curious and want to listen.
>>
I can't listen
It's too fucking difficult to sit through

The one thing I'll always hold against IHE, even though I love that guy - no apologies, is that he lends his credibility (which has been made by making entertaining videos not just straight ranting about banal shit) to this guy.
>>
>>69684455
He did a collab video with him on April fools day
>>
>>69684480
Yup, I'm aware

IHE must see a clear difference in the quality of their content but whatever, if he likes him he likes him I guess
>>
>tfw /mu/ got me into Buckley with The Worst Songs of 2014 thread two years ago
It's not perfect, but at least there's no youtuber drama
>>
>>69684295
God what a fucking annoying shit.
DAE le real music is dead????
>>
>>69680555
I said pop songs mate. They're good at being pop songs. I'd listen to them in a room full of people and not get irritated by the quality of music.
>>
>>69684624
>They're good at being pop songs
Not really
>>
>>69684343
>>69684362
plebs. this was bait to find out who the fags on this board are. congrats and go back to plebbit. ffs
>>
>>69679988
Feldman didn't chart, nor did the commie dykes. A2TC was great btw
>>
>>69684779
Even when I'm polite I get shit like this.
>>
>>69684779
>I was jjust le epic ruseman
Fuck off idiot
>>
>>69684823
so just leave!

>>69684889
fuck off plebbitor
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.