[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Daily art angels thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 4

Daily thread in honor of grimes and this amazing album

Currently really digging the the title track

Grime is no longer a meme, she is amazing producer and song writer
>>
>>69679446
Get out of /mu/, James
>>
>>69679446
/mu/ can say what they want, Art Angels is an amazing album regardless of genre. Grimes is so talented that she could make a masterpiece even in an oversaturated and generally bland genre like pop. That takes guts and talent.

If you hate AA/Grimes, we will never be friends.
>>
>>69681005
When we stop pummeling you for your true shit-tastic shitposting.
>>
All the memes tricked me into beleiving she wasnt that talented

Hownmamy artists improve with their 3rd
>>
>>69679446
>Grime is no longer a meme, she is amazing producer and song writer
not with that 1st year guitar playing she had on AA
>>
>>69682261
>not with that 1st year guitar playing she had on AA
Why not?
>>
>>69680944
>Grimes is so talented that she could make a masterpiece even in an oversaturated and generally bland genre like pop
this is why everyone hates grimesfags
>>
5/10 album
>>
>>69680944
you assume anybody would want to be friends with you, pretentious asshat. go enjoy your baby music elsewhere
>>
>>69682360
because it was really bad. scream and those songs with the guitars really ruined the album for me.

If i want guitar pop i rather listen to st.vincent
>>
>>69682381
>Using the term grimesfags
>Expecting to be taken seriously
This is why no one takes Grimes haters seriously - because it's impossible.
>>
>>69682426
Then quit complaining, go listen to St. Vincent, and come back to enjoying Grimes when she releases her next guitar-flavored album that will consequently feature her having had more than a year's worth of guitar playing experience (whether or not you realize it, your comment about it sounding like 1st year guitar playing isn't hyperbole - she literally picked it up as an instrument the same year she started working on Art Angels.)
>>
>>69682820
I talked to grimes after seeing her in Atlanta. she agreed with my criticism and said she might not have guitars on her next album.
>>
>>69682426
>>69682820

Her talent is song writing, singing and production. I will not be depressed if she never becomes a guitar virtuoso.

Playing a few chords is sufficient when u can sing and produce believe it or not. Kanye neither sings nor plays guitar but he seems to get alot of love around here pre-trump
>>
>>69679446
>have 'Grimes' in my filter
>OP, being the fucking degenerate illiterate fuckboy that he is, uses 'grimes' and 'Grime'
>I have to gaze upon this atrocity of a thread

Jesus fucking Christ, Grimesfags are vermin.
>>
>>69682905

You piece of shit autist - criticizing an artist to them after having made a great album

The guitars sounded fine you cunt shit. Shaming some artist into not using a tool. Pls dont ever leave your basement again you rock bottom piece of shit cunt
>>
>>69682931
because kanye west can produce much better than grimes
>>
>>69682951
Cool it, kiddo. Grownups are having an actual conversation here.
>>
>>69682985
Stop pushing your autistic hangups onto talented successful people
>>
>>69683027
stop hero worshiping talented successful people to make up for your sorry excuse of an life.
>>
>>69682261
Her guitar playing is good. She's not Hendrix yet, but decent enough. Her riffs are fucking catchy despite their simplicity.

Learn this: complexity =/= better.
>>
>>69682951
>>69683027
>being this mad
>>
>>69682424
Wow, you're really mad, honey. So, I guess her music is too deep for you and you're too dumb to get into it. That's OK.

>you assume anybody would want to be friends with you
Anybody =/= (You).
>>
>>69682950
>OP, being the fucking degenerate illiterate fuckboy that he is, uses 'grimes' and 'Grime'
Not the OP, but the thread should be filtered anyway. It doesn't matter how many variations are as long the keyword "grimes" is mentioned.
>>
>>69683077
you need to learn what mediocrity is .
On a pop album you have no excuses to release a song with that poor playing.
>>
>>69683077
Author of this >>69682820 speaking.
To be clear, I personally think her guitar work on Art Angels was stellar, insofar as it was just a means to an end to making great music (which is how instruments should always be employed by the way.) Obviously if you were expecting to hear giant guitar solos from her this time around you were barking up the wrong tree. Learn to have some perspective.

>>69683027
I'm the classically trained professional musician who ghost-moderates these threads. If you don't like participating in actual music related conversation I suggest you go somewhere else.
>>
>>69683162
>poor playing
Did she miss some notes or what? What is wrong with her playing? (It's not the first time this month you said about her guitar playing.)
>>
>>69683162
I bet you don't like U2 either...
>>
>>69683435
Are you sure you replied to the right post (the first one)?
>>
>>69683435
>I'm the classically trained professional musician
aren't you the same fag who likes tycho and bonobo and fucking passion pit
fuck outta here.
my gf is classically trained and still thinks alt-j is the greatest band on earth they doesn't mean shit.
>>
>>69683471
Yes. My post was intended as subtle agreement with >>69683077
Complexity without purpose is useless - in all things. Not just making music. Her guitar playing on Art Angels had clear purpose - which is why it was great.

Much like how The Edge is actually one of the greatest multi-instrumentalist guitarists of all time (along with Grimes.) Because every single note these people play means something, and quality > quantity.
>>
>>69683558
>aren't you the same [unnecessary explitive omitted] who likes tycho and bonobo and fucking passion pit
No. I'm the one whose favorite contemporary musical artists are Grimes, Scott Walker and Foals.
>>
>>69683576
>Much like how The Edge is actually one of the greatest multi-instrumentalist guitarists of all time (along with Grimes.)
LMAO

gonna email this to james right now. thanks for the laugh
>>
>>69683576
I agree with what you said. The instruments should serve the song, not viceversa.

>Her guitar playing on Art Angels had clear purpose - which is why it was great.
Exactly. She doesn't need to play complex guitar solos if the songs demanded simple yet effective riffs. It's about restraint and picking the right tool for the job.

>Much like how The Edge is actually one of the greatest multi-instrumentalist guitarists of all time (along with Grimes.)
The Edge is a great multi-instrumentalist but many people couldn't see that, being blinded by their U2 hate.
>>
>>69683680
>thanks for the laugh
You're welcome. Fyi music fandom is actually supposed to be entertaining once in a while.
>>
>>69679446
she's such a QT god damn - didnt like her music at first but this album really grows on you - it's so pop that it becomes not-pop, idk.

As a producer I have a lot of respect for her - she knows how to get shit done
>>
>>69682261
she was able to take not being skilled at guitar and record it and make it work in her productions.. that takes skill go fucking kill yourself, you couldn't record a song 1% as compelling as my bae grimes
>>
>>69682399
reality is a beautiful song, try to block out any preconceived notions about her and just listen to the music, she has a great ear and her arrangement/mixing skills are super inspiring
>>
>>69684044
Substantive pop music is a chronically forgotten, underrated art form desu:
>The golden mean, the truth, is no longer recognized or valued. To win applause one must write stuff so simple that a coachman might sing it, or so incomprehensible that it pleases simply because no sensible man can comprehend it.
— Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, writing to his father in 1782
>>
>>69683435

Its music related fuckface and dont pretend its not so u can bootstrap a ban . The convo was how you were irl shitting to her face a real successful talented artist because you have an inflated pretentious fucked up ego cuz you are "classically" trained .

You are a dime a dozen and artists like grimes are not. You have no business shit talking her skills to her face u retarded autist shit
>>
>>69684069
i just made these in 5minshttps://clyp.it/xgcw2jru https://clyp.it/ricnfp3n

lets see u make better faggot
>>
>>69684172
nice quote, very thought provoking. Thanks for sharing!
>>
>>69684181
Anon, you seem to have me confused with either this poster >>69682426 or this poster >>69682905
Learn how to follow a conversation.
>>
>>69684219
I'm confused - there are no live-sampled guitars in either of those clips.
>>
>>69684314
idc you are still a dime a dozen loser. Remember no matter how much you are trained you will never be equal to grimes
>>
File: 1471525213410.jpg (61KB, 640x429px) Image search: [Google]
1471525213410.jpg
61KB, 640x429px
>>69684378
I don't need to be Grimes - I'm perfectly happy with being myself. Claire Boucher isn't the only musician/artist out there who values personal integrity (see pic related.) It's one of the main reasons why I personally find her to be such a huge inspiration.
>>
>>69684432
Kys
>>
>>69684445
Thanks, but no thanks. I'm perfectly happy with myself.
>>
>>69684219
>https://clyp.it/xgcw2jru

I know u spent 5m but damn dude idk why u even posted that.. gimme a couple minutes ill see if i can post something i started on my phone during my commute to work this morning, spent at most 10-15 on it.

>https://soundcloud.com/wide-width/next-passage

I started this earlier in the week and have only spent an hour or two on it

>https://soundcloud.com/wide-width/cultural-centre

not trying to talk shit man, just no need to hate on grimez - she works hard as fuck and is committed to her vision. We all just love music and making music so no need for animosity
>>
>>69684586
Nice!
>>
>>69684219
>>69684586

made this on my cell phone during my commute to work or on my lunch break mind you - i'd post some of my finished tracks that I do in Live on my main soundcloud but dont want you faggots knowing who I am IRL
>>
>>69684645
thanks! it's not done yet but I really like it. all made in korg gadget
>>
>>69682970
Interesting joke. By the way look at the credits of his albums. He needs a shitload of other producers just to make his mediocre yet overhyped music.
>>
>>69684359
here u gohttps://clyp.it/dbgloooq

>>69684586
n0t bad
>>
>>69684219
Both crap. If you want to beat Grimes you have to raise your skills level at least 1000 times. I'm not joking.
>>
Everyone think they could do better than Grimes. The cold hard truth is that they can't.

>>69684586
Basic and generic.

Basically nothing.

Enjoyable but not something outstanding. Nice effort.
>>
>>69684767
Anon, no one here is interested in "beating" beating Grimes at her own game - ie. creating her own music.
>>
>>69684897
give me a macbook and 10grand and i can make something better than grimes
>>
>>69684938
No good. You'd be working with the advantage of having had access to Grimes' extant discography as a reference point.
>>
>>69684897
>>69684730

thnx dawgs - korg gadget is awesome for making ideas on the go but it's such a pain to work with sometimes.

Music isnt a competition tho and as an artist comparing yourself to anyone else besides yourself is a huge mistake. Just keep working your ass off and never compromise your values
>>
>>69679446
This album is a 5/10 imo
>>
>>69685300
You already said that. And you still aren't qualifying why.
>>
>>69679446
AOTY 2015/2016
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.