[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rap & Hiphop are eternally for troglodytes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 11

File: [cynicism intensifies].gif (830KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
[cynicism intensifies].gif
830KB, 250x250px
Hip-hop and rap are nothing more than aggressive yet monotone lyrics set to simplistic beats and melodies. They take very-little skill or hard work to create and are subsequently enjoyed by those with no appreciation of skill or hard work.

Also, hip-hop and rap tend to be something of a catalyst* for violent acts committed by these unintelligent, uninspired, unskilled and lazy people (let's be honest, here - mostly men). Ironically, were one to resort to violence in an attempt to remove said-problem (I can think of a few who'd be first to go), this would negate the argument, entirely. So, the rest of us just put up with hip-hop, rap and their subhuman followers.

There are so many wondrous things we've learned we can do with our voices, in unison, with other hard-working people who've been practising until their fingers bleed, and there are STILL those who listen to people talking fast over a generic melody and beat?

Humanity simply hasn't evolved.

*The most humorous thing about this post is, an overwhelming majority of those that DO defend hip-hop and rap, would have to head to Google or a dictionary to know what the word, "catalyst" means.
>>
File: 1480449091028.jpg (763KB, 1601x1166px) Image search: [Google]
1480449091028.jpg
763KB, 1601x1166px
Turntablism is the hip hop art of manipulating sounds and creating music using turntables and a DJ mixer.

John Oswald described the art: "A phonograph in the hands of a 'hiphop/scratch' artist who plays a record like an electronic washboard with a phonographic needle as a plectrum, produces sounds which are unique and not reproduced—the record player becomes a musical instrument."

Modern day turntablism is the closest hip hop music gets to art music.

Turntablism repertoire has written notation, creating a musical part or score for their compositions and pieces. Great examples are DJ Yoda & Heritage Orchestras Concerto, Martin Tetreaults musique concrete for turntables, Kid Koalas Your Moms Favorite DJ, eriKm and DJ Spookys Ice Music works.

Of course, the history of the turntable being used as a musical instrument though has its roots dating back to the 1930s, 1940s and 1950s when musique concrète and other experimental composers (such as John Cage, Halim El-Dabh, and Pierre Schaeffer), used them in a manner similar to that of today's producers and DJs, by essentially sampling and creating music that was entirely produced by the turntable. Cage's Imaginary Landscape No. 1 (1939) is composed for two variable speed turntables, frequency recordings, muted piano and cymbal. Even earlier, Edgard Varèse experimented with turntables in 1930, though he never formally produced any works using them.

This school of thought and practice is directly linked to the current definition of hlp hop-related turntablism, though it has had an influence on modern experimental sound artists and composers such as Christian Marclay, Kid Koala, Otomo Yoshihide, Philip Jeck, DJ QBert and Janek Schaefer. These artists are the direct descendants of people such as John Cage and Pierre Schaeffer and are often credited as a variant to the modern turntablist DJ and producer.
>>
>>69676733
>violent acts committed by these unintelligent, uninspired, unskilled and lazy people (let's be honest, here - mostly niggers)

FIFY
>>
I see nothing wrong with looking up words in the dictionary. Nice opinion though, OP.
>>
>>69676733
you cant spell crap without rap
swears are of the devil stay safe and euphoric kids
>>
File: Harvey.jpg (198KB, 987x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Harvey.jpg
198KB, 987x1200px
>>69676749
>somebody else's sweat and hard work
>replayed on a phonograph
>phonograph is used as a "turntable"
>plebs actually write literature about how they believe this plagiarism is somehow "art"
>>
>>69676733
>catalyst
I, too, took 8th grade chemistry
>>
>listening to music
retard
>>
>>69676733

Generally, I hate the appeal to accomplishment

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appeal_to_accomplishment

it's horribly fallacious and a non argument but in this case, I use it to ask for a proof. Please demonstrate to me, or the world at large:

>They take very-little skill or hard work to create and are subsequently enjoyed by those with no appreciation of skill or hard work.

by creating a track. Don't even rap, just make a beat and upload it to sound cloud

>hard-working people who've been practicing until their fingers bleed

Why do you believe that music has greater "merit" if it was more difficult to make?
>>
File: Ellen DeGeneres.jpg (161KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Ellen DeGeneres.jpg
161KB, 1280x1024px
>>69676995
Instead of a demonstration, would you settle for an equivalency? How about this for a scenario:

Bob:
>Joe, you know that problem me and the guys are having over there at CERN with the Large Hadron Collider?

Joe:
>Oh yeah, the one you mentioned a few weeks ago, Bob, is that still troubling you?

Bob:
>Yeah, it's a real kicker.

Joe:
>Well...

Bob:
>What's up, buddy?

Joe:
>Well, I know this guy who the company hired as a cleaner under that "equal opportunity" scheme they rolled out recently...

Bob
>Mmm hmm?

Joe:
>Well, he has Down's Syndrome and doesn't know the first damn thing about positrons or atoms or any damn thing, but...

Bob:
>I think I see where you're heading with this...

Joe:
>I think you and the guys at CERN could use a guy like him on your team.

Bob:
>Joe, you're a genius! Not appealing to accomplishment or the merit system that's made humanity evolve over thousands of years! Joe, how can I ever thank you?

Joe:
>Well, you could kill some rappers for me...
>>
>>69677065
>comparing music to CERN

music isn't that important dude
>>
File: uerrrrrh.jpg (16KB, 287x338px) Image search: [Google]
uerrrrrh.jpg
16KB, 287x338px
>>69677078
If "music isn't important", then why are there those who devote their entire lives to it?
>>
>>69677078
Then ...what are we doing with our lives?
>>
File: leffen.jpg (12KB, 192x192px) Image search: [Google]
leffen.jpg
12KB, 192x192px
>>69676787
>chef bakes a beautiful cake
>he didn't even harvest the wheat himself
>didn't raise the chickens for the eggs
>didn't wake up at 5am to fondle the tits of a cow
>what a pleb cake
>>
>>69677135
You're damn right it's a pleb cake.
>>
>>69677065

>Instead of a demonstration, would you settle for an equivalency?

No, I wouldn't. Make a beat in the DAW of your choice to show me how easy it is.

Music is not a meritocracy and I'm assuming you are old enough to to have had a discourse on subjectivity, so I'm not entirely sure what you are driving at.
>>
File: Renee.jpg (87KB, 2100x1583px) Image search: [Google]
Renee.jpg
87KB, 2100x1583px
>>69677142
>Music is not a meritocracy

This could well be the plebbest opinion I have encountered in seven years at this shithole. Sweet mercy.
>>
>>69677099
>>69677097

Novelty and distraction, like everything else we do besides surviving.
>>
>>69677065
Absolutely wrecked
>>
>>69676733
>it's a "shit on a genre I hate" episode
>>
>>69677065
holy fuck rappers just got btfo
>>
File: 1470278019756.jpg (29KB, 238x357px) Image search: [Google]
1470278019756.jpg
29KB, 238x357px
>mfw I grew out of and came to dislike rap to the extent that I had to stop listening to Gorillaz

STOP INFECTING THE GOOD MUSICS, RAPS
>>
>>69677753
>Gorillaz
>good music

lmao
>>
File: 5eb.jpg (26KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
5eb.jpg
26KB, 600x750px
>>69677766
>>
https://youtu.be/O4o8TeqKhgY

Art is not about skill, or difficulty, or how long you spent making it, or anything like that. It's about sending a message that hits people in a real way. Pure skill doesn't mean anything if there is no idea behind it.

You all need to learn some context and history.
>>
>>69676733
*The most humorous thing about this post is, an overwhelming majority of those that DO defend hip-hop and rap, would have to head to Google or a dictionary to know what the word, "catalyst" means.

This is the most childish argument that exists. "Look at me I know the meaning of something and you don't haha you dumb bro xDDD"
>>
>>69676749
turntablism is not that common in hip hop any more

>>69676733
you are so very enlightened. every 13 year old thinks this, why did you feel the need to post it on /mu/?
>>
>>69676733
are you entirely certain that hip hop ***catalyses*** (look it up in a dictionary pleb xD) violence? you don't think that perhaps most hip-hop stems from violent environments?

i dont know why i am falling for this bait so hard.
>>
File: 1472346398551.jpg (24KB, 438x426px) Image search: [Google]
1472346398551.jpg
24KB, 438x426px
>>69676733
look muh nigga idk wud a troglidyke is buh I du no dat erry genital of msucc got peple lke dat bruh.
>>
>>69677795
Fedora is liking Gorillaz over any other hip-hop. I think you know where you need to go back to.
>>
>>69677805
Quality post ignored because you're all cucks.
>>
>>69676733
Your statement is way too broad and showcases your ignorance toward hip hop in general. You are either a narcissist or a shitposter. Popular hip hop does suffer from all the things you listed among other genre tropes but who the fuck would actually think that represents all of hip hop as a whole? Do you watch the grammy's and think that Beyonce is the best musician in the world?
>>
>head to Google or a dictionary to know what the word, "catalyst" means

how can you expect to be taken seriously after this
>>
>falling for b8 this weak

I keep forgetting most of this board is 16-19 year old nu-males now
>>
>>69680815
>nu-males
nice buzzword. you really know how to think for yourself
>>
>>69677065
>music is in any way at all like observable, objective and exact sciences

wew
e
wew
>>
>>69677154
>I am so le smart
>You are so le wrong

Excellent argument friendo
>>
Why have white people contributed literally nothing to music?

>Black people invented Rock, The Blues, Country, Hip Hop, Disco, RNB, Jazz, and Electronic Dance Music

>Whites invented the recorder
>>
TLDR: hip hop triggers attitude
>>
>>69676733
MODS
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.