[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

say what you want but I love when p4k gets the savagery JUST right

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 5

File: Capture.png (334KB, 1517x718px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
334KB, 1517x718px
say what you want but I love when p4k gets the savagery JUST right
>>
>>69675671
I hope he goes off on another twitter meltdown over this one
>>
Pitchfork just hasn't caught on to trapfolk yet. Don't worry, the reissue will get 10.0
>>
if he was black theyd love it
>>
>all these BLACK rappers that follow the trap formula to a tee
>get rated among best albums of the year
>WHITE rapper tries to actually do something different with trap
>gets lambasted for it
>>
>>69675825
and then there's this guy
take a hike
>>
>>69675825
>black iverson
>>
>>69675850
I rly rly rly don't like 21 savage and think he's an atrocious rapper but there isn't an album out that sounds like his and Metro's collaboration
>>
>>69675825
This.
>>
File: 1478141307906.jpg (138KB, 633x568px) Image search: [Google]
1478141307906.jpg
138KB, 633x568px
>>69675850
look at their review of lil boat. Not a p4k fan but you are factually wrong and just trying to shove your alt-right agenda into something literally unrelated because of "LE ESS JAY DUBBLE YOUS"

back to /pol/
>>
>>69675900
meant for >>69675825 but >>69675850 you work too I suppose
>>
>>69675900
just ignore them next time now they're going to get alt righteous and post shitty memes and argue about nothing
>>
and hopefully this greaseball will disappear for good when his album sells 10k copies
>>
>>69675763
>>69675850
a wealthy suburban teen with executive parents and a money drip inherently can't be called trap music
>>
Malone just retweeted the Pitchfork review and pinned the tweet.

And yes, that is his username. He got into a semi-sarcastic beef with Fantano.
>>
>>69675948
>he thinks all trap artists actually do what they rap about
kys
>>
>>69675966
this boy is one bad rolling stone review away from a complete nervous breakdown over the complete failure of his rockist pandering
>>
>>69675980
trap music is music from a trap not mumford & sons with some added hi-hats
>>
>>69675966
wtf I love Post Malone now
>>
>>69675825
This is unironically 100% true, it's easy to take shots at a goofy looking white dude, you won't take any social hits for it in their little circle

Critics are completely useless though, at the end of the day you have to determine if you like something
>>
>>69675984
I guarantee he will be all over the radio soon regardless

Hipster circles don't matter to normal society. Most of the world has never heard of p4k in their life
>>
>>69675948
I bet you assume all black artists are legit because they look the part lmao
>>
Remember when p4k gave a glowing review to a fucking Bankroll Fresh mixtape? Bankroll Fresh is one of the worst, most generic rappers ever. He's on par with Rich the Kid.
>>
>>69676137
this is about locality not race
>>
>>69675900
you're the only one who brought up the "ess jay dubble yous" here my dude.
>>
>>69675850
>h-he's trying something new!
>this means it is good
>>
>>69676245
>accusing p4k of giving a poor review to Post Malone simply because he is white
>Implying this isn't a fedora tier comment that wuld probably be given gold on r/the_Donald along with a hundred comments circlejerking about how much they hate "LE ESS JAY DUBBLE YOOUUSSS" who work at p4k
>>
>>69675869
You must not listen to a lot of music then. Minimal, "dark" trap beats with rapper that lacks rhythm, dynamics, and enunciation in his performance isn't exactly all that new and interesting.

>>69675900
>>69675917
Yeah I gave it a read; funny how they shit on Yachty for ripping off multiple artists while guys like 21 Savage, Uzi Vert, Kevin Gates, etc. get love for...ripping off people that have come before them, too? I hate saying this statement that much more, too, because I have been a Kevin Gates fan for years, and it sucks to see him become generic mainstream hip hop.

>le alt-right/SJW boogeyman
Fuck off, that has jack shit to do with this topic, neither does racism. Based on their perception of Yachty, it only makes more sense that they care more for culture than music. If it ain't "look hard hard dark n thug I am", "muh feelings", "muh social issues", or "muh memes", it has no place it seems. Malone, similar to Yachty, does a goofball thing but without the memerap "in vogue" feel to go with it, thus not fitting any of the above.

Denzel Curry's Imperial came out this year, too. On aggregate ratings/review sites like RYM and Sputnik, it's arguably among if not the highest rated trap albums period. Actually different from other trap releases due to Curry's flow and the production style. But nope, no love from a place like Pitchfork not even a goddamn review. What a surprise, the guy who had minimal mainstream exposure until vines viraled one track of his isn't being taken seriously from this "music publication."

>>69675948
What a joke of a post. Dr. Dre wasn't much of a gangster. Neither was Snoop, nor Tupac. You wanna talk "locality" or "legitimacy" of music in the goddamn digital age?

>>69676326
You given it a listen? It's certainly not a masterpiece, but still much better than the usual trappy stuff P4K felates over. It's better than goddamn Views.
>>
>>69675825
True as fuck, libtards destroyed
>>
>>69675923
alt righteous is my new favorite term, thanks
>>
>>69676712
Dre wasn't a gangster but Snoop was; he was a Crip before he got signed and he was arrested and imprisoned on drug charges multiple times I believe
>>
>>69676384
lay off the memes for a couple days, anon, it'll be good for you
>>
I think this albums catchy af to be honest. Can enjoy it in the same way I enjoy barter 6. Not listening to the lyrics.
>>
>>69676712
You write a lot for someone who ultimately says so little. It's funny because I can tell you are trying to seem intelligent but your thoughts are so poorly organized they are nearly indecipherable.

>
Yeah I gave it a read; funny how they shit on Yachty for ripping off multiple artists while guys like 21 Savage, Uzi Vert, Kevin Gates, etc. get love for...ripping off people that have come before them, too? I hate saying this statement that much more, too, because I have been a Kevin Gates fan for years, and it sucks to see him become generic mainstream hip hop.

This is completely unrelated to anything that was being said before. It is clear that the author of the Lil Yachty review subjectively found the musical plagiarism so blatant it affected the enjoyment. Other authors of other reviews may have felt differently, even though those other artists may be similarly stealing ideas. This is due to subjectivity in criticism and the fact that Pitchfork is a staff of multiple writers, so some inconsistency is expected.

>Fuck off, that has jack shit to do with this topic, neither does racism.

The post I replied too was very specific in emphasizing the skin color of multiple artists, accusing Pitchfork of lambasting exclusively white trap rappers. I proved that this was not the case.

> Based on their perception of Yachty, it only makes more sense that they care more for culture than music.

Please learn how to properly form a coherent sentence.

1/2
>>
>>69676712
>>69676951
2/2

>If it ain't "look hard hard dark n thug I am", "muh feelings", "muh social issues", or "muh memes", it has no place it seems. Malone, similar to Yachty, does a goofball thing but without the memerap "in vogue" feel to go with it, thus not fitting any of the above.

Malone makes music that, if nothing else, could be considered "in vogue." But this is beside the point. A major component of Stoney is "muh feels" but that has not swayed Pitchfork from panning him. Your thesis is therefore wrong. Have you considered the possibility that the music is simply not good?

>Denzel Curry's Imperial came out this year, too. On aggregate ratings/review sites like RYM and Sputnik, it's arguably among if not the highest rated trap albums period. Actually different from other trap releases due to Curry's flow and the production style. But nope, no love from a place like Pitchfork not even a goddamn review. What a surprise, the guy who had minimal mainstream exposure until vines viraled one track of his isn't being taken seriously from this "music publication."

What the fuck relevance does this have? The only possible point you may have would be based on the fact that they didn't give it a review. This means nothing other than it slipped through the cracks of their review schedule. Any other theories of some ulterior motive they might have is simply tinfoil-hat conspiracy theories.
>>
>some autist quoting every part of some other autist's post
>1/2
that's how you know it's time to abandon thread
>>
>>69676842
It was more like typical school kid stuff. Not the kind of grandiose high strung gangsta stuff the music claims it to be.

>>69676951
>This is completely unrelated to anything that was being said before. It is clear that the author of the Lil Yachty review subjectively found the musical plagiarism so blatant it affected the enjoyment. Other authors of other reviews may have felt differently, even though those other artists may be similarly stealing ideas. This is due to subjectivity in criticism and the fact that Pitchfork is a staff of multiple writers, so some inconsistency is expected.
Oh no, it can't be that I have been ultimately lambasting their inconsistencies based on looking at the music...are you that dense?

>The post I replied too was very specific in emphasizing the skin color of multiple artists, accusing Pitchfork of lambasting exclusively white trap rappers. I proved that this was not the case.
Again, you're just putting words and agenda into the mouths/minds of others here. This is about music, not race.

>Please learn how to properly form a coherent sentence
>Can't understand what this means so I'll tell him to form a more coherent sentence.
The fact that you took time to write this specific bit out separately from the rest shows a lot about you. You care more about disproving me than having an actual discussion because what I meant by this statement is exactly shown in the next statement.

>Malone makes music that, if nothing else, could be considered "in vogue."
>Trapfolk
>In vogue
You really have no fucking clue what you're talking about. Maybe actually give something other than White Iverson a listen from the guy.

>major component of Stoney is "muh feels"
It is nothing like conventional Weeknd/Drake feels. Nothing like that Blood Orange album. Like I said, it's a weird cultural beef that P4K seems to have where this guy doesn't come from a traditional "black" culture but is somewhat inspired by the music side of it.
>>
>>69676972
>What the fuck relevance does this have? The only possible point you may have would be based on the fact that they didn't give it a review. This means nothing other than it slipped through the cracks of their review schedule. Any other theories of some ulterior motive they might have is simply tinfoil-hat conspiracy theories.
No conspiracies. Just an observation. Again, stop putting words/thoughts into my mouth/mind. You obviously have a hard time comprehending shit without making it look like someone said something totally different from their intention.
>>
>>69676972
most recent denzel curry fans are rockists who can't listen to anything that isn't simple conservative 4/4 check these bars yo i'm spitting dawg rapping so they dismiss anything slightly different as 'mumble rap' while they sit in their room writing poems to lil ugly mane

there is a reason his stuff is exclusively popular on the rym & sputnik (lmao) streets save for a couple safe vine hits (which nobody knows are by denzel curry)
>>
>>69676842
it's weird, snoop was a complete piece of shit and an awful person but now he's a household name baking brownies with martha stewart and shit.
>>
>>69677246
>if someone's lesser known, or tries something even slightly different, they are only appreciated by rockists
>shitting on LUM
What is this trash?

>>69677277
That's because Snoop eventually reformed as a person. You got pre-Deathrow Snoop who did bad stuff. Then once he was part of Deathrow he limited most of that stuff to just talking about it, but then he really changed because of meeting another person who's far more of a piece of shit...Suge Knight. Of all the people associated with Death Row, Snoop was the only one who had the balls to lambast Suge Knight back then while guys like Dre, Pac and crew just kinda took that guys' bullshit.
>>
>>69675825
Fucking hate trap but this is totally true and your oblivious if you don't think so.
>>
>>69676059
Watch his hot ones interview.
>>
i mean it wasnt that bad, Congratulations is a nice song
>>
>>69675825
It doesn't even make sense to entertain this notion because his entire narrative is built upon him being white. The only reason hes famous is becsuse he is white. Without his whiteness there would be no White Iverson, which is the only reason anyone even paid attention to him in the first place.

Not to mention they gave a glowing review to the bieber track back in Sept.
>>
>>69676712
nahh, 21 is slow burning, like a creepy murder flick
>>
Lol everyone on /mu/ was praising Stoney before this.
>>
>>69677422
This. The mere fact that he's white honestly makes his music bad. Lots of hip hop/R&B is dependent on image as well as the pure quality of music. There's no shame in admitting that you might like a song if it's sung by a black guy, but as soon as you see it's a white guy singing "I got some white girls and they loving the coca" it gets cringy as shit.
>>
>>69678078

lol this

never even heard of the nigger and still dont care
>>
File: panned.png (264KB, 1227x1233px) Image search: [Google]
panned.png
264KB, 1227x1233px
>i-if he was black theyd love it

Just like the quirkiest trap album released this year, right fellas?
>>
File: IMG_0078.jpg (54KB, 640x767px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0078.jpg
54KB, 640x767px
>>69675825
>>69675850
>>69675885
>>69676103
>>69676783
>>69677363
retards
>>
>>69679324
there it is folks
>>
>>69675867
>Iverson
>>
>>69679429
>>69679537

Lil Boat and Desiigner's New English the two exceptions. They're the only two black artists to make it into p4k's bottom 25 without collaborating with a white person.

http://www.albumoftheyear.org/ratings/worst/2016/1
>>
>>69679537
don't even bother with these kids, they're so caught up in the idea that white people are oppressed by a music review site of all things that they can't see how silly they look

its crazy how niggers have so much experience bitching about muh oppression and yet we've caught up in about 8 years
>>
>>69679618
>faced with a counter example
>b-but it's an exception to the rule
>>
>>69675825
yep
>>
>>69679703
b-b-b-bb-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but
>>
>>69676122
>p4k
>hipster

maybe 10 years ago
>>
I agree that the score is deflated because of skin color, but regardless the only decent track on the album is Big Lie desu
>>
>>69679618
triggered by that vroom vroom EP rating
>>
>>69679618
dean blunt and james feraro get panned every year from p4k
fuck off
>>
le white genocide is real i know it cause an online music review site triggers me by not giving every white artist 10s and every black artist 0s the people running the site are also all globalist reptilian cultural marxists
>>
I thought it was a bretty good album. Quite a few songs I like
>>
>>69679429
>>69679537
Funny too since this was one of the best hip hop releases this year
Yet another reason to pay p4k no mind
>>
>>69675754
already has
>>
>>69679661
Is there literally anything whites can't accomplish when they set their minds to it?
>>
>>69681426
Good, original music
>>
>>69675671
Is that Jonathan Davis of Korn
>>
>>69681497
We already did that for centuries and finally got bored of it in the 90s.
>>
>>69681033
Me too brother
>>
>>69681426
Not being arrogant as fuck
>>
>>69675825
this
>>
>>69679429
>>69679537
you can't compare these shit to stoney
that shit is a 4.8
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.