[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

white pepper

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

ive been listening to this album a lot lately. thoughts? (also general ween discussion thread)
>>
>>69673725
I wish they'd made more serious albums like this
>>
>>69673743
>White Pepper
>Anything beyond just good
>Anywhere near the level of The Pod or Pure Guava
>>
>>69673725
I've been listening to a lot of The Pod lately, it's my favorite ween album to just listen to in bed with a cup of warm tea once finals are over, but White Pepper is really sick
>>
>>69673804
doing finals right now
finiship up on friday, ween is helping me relax
im starting to slowly enjoy more of their earlier work such as the pod and god ween satan
>>
>>69673834
really hate pure guava though
for whatever reason i just cant get into it
>>
>>69673834
Yeah it took me a bit to be able to listen to those two all the way through, and I definitely still skip some tracks if I'm just like casually listening, but some of the tracks I really didn't dig when I started are some of my favorite ween tracks now, like Pollo Assado
>>
>>69673902
pollo asado is the shit dude
i definitely prefer god ween satan but you gotta love the brownest of brown
>>
so there are those who adore The Pod and Pure Guava and I love those folks. They're true patricians I'm sure. No, really.

But I'm a simple man and I think Quebec and The Mollusk are their crown jewels and White Pepper is severely overlooked. I mean Ween makes a living out of imitating genres in an ironic way, so why not glorify their mainstream sound? They're so self aware I can't imagine a band more worthy of praise for their accessible shit. And even when they're doing that they find ways to make it brown. Just an incredible band all around, don't let anyone discourage you from loving white pepper OP.
>>
>>69673942
quebec is another favorite
i do enjoy some of their earlier work but u think they really came into their own on chocolate and cheese which us probably my favorite album overall
>>
>>69673942
Oh dude don't get me wrong The Mollusk is one of my fave Ween records, and more than that, people who write off stuff like White Pepper and Quebec are totally missing out. Quebec is like the perfect endpoint to the ween discography (even though La Chucaracha exists)
>>
>>69673942
Pure Guava's my favorite Ween record but WP is my second favorite. I think it's a perfect pop album.

I think the Mollusk is very overrated. It's not a bad album but I'm sick of OCEAN MAN XD

Ween's true commercial magnum opus is either White Pepper or Chocolate and Cheese
>>
So, Quebec or The Caeser Demo's? I think Quebec is better overall, but there are some tracks I wish they'd kept on, and some versions of tracks they did that I think are a little nicer
>>
File: deaneralbum.jpg (463KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
deaneralbum.jpg
463KB, 1500x1500px
how did you guys enjoy the deaner album?
i thought it was pretty good it cant touch classic ween
my favorite songs were tammy, dickie betts, and mercades benz
i also kinf of liked bundle of joy and exercise man but the rest of the songs were honestly kind of forgettable
>>
>>69674082
the degree to which the Mollusk has been pimped definitely takes something away from it. If Chocolate and Cheese wasn't done with a drum machine I would probably be totally in agreement (and I love Chocolate and Cheese regardless)
>>
>>69674096
Caesar has my favorite later ween song (Potluck)

Also, I know I sound sacrilegious but I've elistened to Shinola and La Cucaracha more than the Mollusk. They're just more listenable to me.
>>
God Ween Satan is 9/10
>>
I think Transitions is their best song. I haven't explored too much of their discography. Like 4 albums I think. Some of their stuff is way too tongue and cheek for me. Are there tracks similar to Transitions and Exactly Where I'm At?
>>
>>69674113
most of it wasnt anything to write home about but dickie betts and mercedes benz are some of the best shit deaner's ever written. i think i liked Freeman a bit more.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.