[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on this album? Listening now and the production from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: a1895762218_10.jpg (199KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
a1895762218_10.jpg
199KB, 1200x1200px
Thoughts on this album? Listening now and the production from Hudson Mohawke and OPN is great, and the songs are pretty nice but the singer's voice is sort of unpalatable.
Is the album being praised so heavily because it's really just that good or is there an influence of "wow so brave" going on?
>>
>>69662024
Hit the nail on the head. Musically it's like a light 6/10 but ideologically and in terms of the neolib idpol shit that it represents, it's a 0/10
>>
I think her voice works very well with the production. The main flaw are the lyrics, which at times come at political issues from interesting perspectives (like apologizing to ISIS for driving them to terrorism), but are phrased so plainly and in disregard of rhyme scheme that they can come off as corny
>>
>>69662425
>her
>>
>>69662024
I love it. Obama and Violent Men are trash though. I get the intention but there are no redeeming qualities to those songs. Everything else is very enjoyable imo. Some of lyrics are corny but it doesn't ruin it, it's just a minor annoyance that I personally find easy get over.

Although, if I'm being honest, I do not want another record like this. I would prefer Anohni to go back to baroque pop of Antony and the Johnsons.

>>69662425
>but are phrased so plainly and in disregard of rhyme scheme that they can come off as corny
Very true, but I think that's the point. It doesn't excuse the outcome though.
>>
>>69662519
I agree that being specific and blunt was the point, and I think it works enough for me to still really enjoy the album. Also I think Violent Men is pretty good. It's the most OPN track on the album
>>
>>69662667
Violent Men is an okay interlude but not as a song. The lyrics are not very interesting either. Also, I like the end section of Obama.
>>
Forget this and listen to I Am a Bird Now.
>>
>>69662964
You can't really compare them, anon. An entirely electronic album produced by Hudson Mohawke and Oneohtrix Point Never is not similar to the baroque and art pop of Antony and the Johnsons.
>>
>>69662024
idc what anybody says
hudmo's rejected beats from kanye,drake etc didn't mix well with antonys voice
lyrics were meh

overall 6/10
>>
>>69662990
I know, but this is really mediocre in comparison with IABN. Anohni can do so much better than this.
>>
>>69662047
Anthony isn't neo-liberal in his/her outlook at all, drone-bomb me is literally criticizing the hypocritical scaremongering and misalign of lives that's going on at the moment. Of course there will be some identity themes when you listen to the most famous trans singer on the planet lol.
>>
>>69663018
You really are the worst trip on this board.
>>
>>69663079
not an argument fag
>>
>>69663091
Yeah, it's an opinion. Pretty fucking obvious. As was your statement on this album: an opinion. I'm not commenting on that. I'm commenting on you personally and all your activity I have seen on this board.
>>
>>69663131
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XOxwqXwu7o
>>
Side 1 is pretty good even if just lyrically particularly the juxtaposition

Side 2 almost immediately becomes intolerable on every level
>>
>>69663162
>tripfag spends all his time posting everywhere on /mu/
>calls an anon a stalker
okay
>>
>>69663333
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZl-xNkdDK8
>>
>>69662425
I like to listen to it while imagining she's a despot warmonger and she literally means all of the sarcastic remarks. Way more fun.
>>
hercules & love affair work is her best work
>>
>>69662047
there's absolutely nothing "neo-lib" about this album
>>
>>69663414
that's actually pretty good
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.