[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /mu/ wanted to talk about Slipknot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: Slipknot.jpg (96KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
Slipknot.jpg
96KB, 630x420px
So I assumed this band was really bad when I was young because they were shitty metal or whatever but I listened to their s/t and it's really freakin good. Any1 else feel like this is actually a classic
>>
Don't worry OP, It'll pass when you turn 16 I promise
>>
Why do they wear the masks
>>
>>69654604
Nobody cared who they were before the masks
>>
>>69654604
because it would be very painflu
>>
>>69654594
Don't worry anon, It'll pass when you turn 18. I promise
>>
Like as far as nu metal bands, Slipknot is as good as it gets. Its a real shame that they have to be cringy and mix in hip hop stuff like turntablism and "rapping", because otherwise they would be a decent alt metal band like Mastodon or Baroness
>>
>>69654704
yeah that's what i'm trying to get at. people shit on nu metal but when you're the best at your craft you gotta respect that. the first 5 songs on their debut are legitimately really good
>>
>>69654704
from what i heard of their last album, there wasn't hardly any hip-hop in it, and it was trash imo
>>
>>69654969
that's because the songs probably sucked

i could be wrong but all hip hop influence was gone from Iowa onwards.
it was really only on the first album.
>>
>>69654548

They're too edgy for me to enjoy.

I also like Taylor's voice, but dislike his singing style. They got a couple of good songs in my opinion like Duality, before I forget and psychosocial.

But nu-metal as a whole is too weird of a genre for me to like. I'd much rather listen to Rammstein if I wanted a "baby's first metal band" vibe
>>
I wish their music reflected their image.
With the way they look you would expect them to sound like early Einsturzende Neubauten or something, and not like the coldplay of butt metal.
>>
>>69654548
One decent album. Korn is even better and they are garbage too.
>>
>>69654704
wait a minute
i need elaboration on how slipknot would ever be anything like baroness or mastodon
>>
>Slipknot classic

Nope they are just a bunch of fagots screaming like baby's
>>
>>69655023
oh yeah

idk i feel like their turntabling and rapping gave a more exciting anarchistic feel to the music, i didn't mind it

AHIG and .5 were too mechanical and sane for me to enjoy em
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.