[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Overrated artists

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7

File: d1usyozelzwfrqdchdrl.jpg (38KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
d1usyozelzwfrqdchdrl.jpg
38KB, 600x400px
ITT: Overrated artists
>>
File: kanye.jpg (367KB, 1203x803px) Image search: [Google]
kanye.jpg
367KB, 1203x803px
I still don't understand why everyone loves this fool

>Cant sing live without autotune
>Has like 100 producers
>completely self absorbed dumb ass

People always say he revolutionized the production industry but I don't see how that's true. You ask them for examples of before and after kanye in production and they just go back to square one "LOOK MAN...HE REVOLUTIONIZED IT, THATS ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW!"
>>
>>69653508
He produced the best and most popular tracks on Jay Z's Blueprint. His pitched up soul sample thing got really big, even more so when he released College Dropout.
>>
>>69653508
Its really not that hard, hes responsible for the revival of soul samples in rap and when he got bored of that he made 808s and completely revolutionized pop and hip hop, you could argue the result was a net negative if you want but the influence is pretty undeniably there
>>
>tfw ghost impression
>>
File: A-45-1176664580.jpeg.jpg (8KB, 207x300px) Image search: [Google]
A-45-1176664580.jpeg.jpg
8KB, 207x300px
another
>>
>>69653437
YOU GUYS JUST AREN'T SMART ENOUGH TO UNDERSTAND COLE
>>
>>69653508
To add to these,
>>69653575
>>69653681
he also proved the legitimacy and lucrativity of the producer-rapper with his debut; back then, if you were a producer, everyone assumed you were either wack on the mic or had all your shit written by somebody else; he helped prove that a single producer could make it as his own MC, and helped pave the way for the producer-rappers you see all over the place nowadays.

Also, he proved the legitimacy of a rapper not from the hood or any low-income area, back then, it was hood or bust for the major labels, as gangsta rap/mafioso rap/hood-related rap was the popular trend at the time coming off the East Coast-West Coast beef and the dominance of labels like Dr. Dre's Aftermath Entertainment with Eminem, 50 Cent, and The Chronic 2001, and others like Jay-Z and Roc-A-Fella's successful releases. Kanye was one of the highest-profile MC's, as he was signed to Roc-A-Fella, not from the hood to become successful with his debut. Also, one of the events that coincided with the end of gangsta rap in the mainstream was Kanye's Graduation beating 50 Cent's latest album to the top of the Billboard charts, in 2007 I believe.
>>
>>69653508
pleb
>>
>>69653914

50 Cent said he would retire if that happened.

I remember shitposting on the 50 Cent website that day.
>>
>>69653508
One more thing, the multiple producers thing is only something he really started to do around MBDTF; he's credited as the only producer on much of his debut album, all but one track I believe, he had mixtapes he produced himself the year before, and he's credited as the only producer for most of his beats for The Blueprint, so his come-up was basically through his own production skills.
>>
>>69653681
808s is so overrated in influence it's not even funny.

What records has 808s influenced besides maybe some Drake stuff?

>revolutionized pop and hip hop
>doesn't even back up his claim

just get the fuck out of here
>>
>>69654055
From what I can find, there's this
>The album impacted hip hop stylistically and laid the groundwork for a new wave of hip hop artists who generally eschewed typical rap braggadocio for intimate subject matter and introspection, including B.o.B, Kid Cudi, Childish Gambino, Frank Ocean, The Weeknd, and Drake.
So there's those, any mainstream rapper who fits that description of rapping about disarming and romantic subject matter, and by proxy, whoever any of those artists influenced as well. And the fact that at least three of those are immensely successful hip-hop artists of the decade (Drake is on par with MJ I think in terms of success on the charts) should be worth mentioning. I don't know a lot about 808s though, so someone else probably knows better
>>
File: Radiohead.jpg (69KB, 1080x867px) Image search: [Google]
Radiohead.jpg
69KB, 1080x867px
>>69653437
>>
>>69653437
You just don't have the intelligence to understand this man's lyrics.....
>>
>>69653508
Youre a fucking idiot
>>
>>69654670
They are OK
>>
File: grips man.jpg (940KB, 2000x1123px) Image search: [Google]
grips man.jpg
940KB, 2000x1123px
>>
>>69654670
They never made a bad album you fool.
>>
>>69654670
This. OKC, Kid A, and AMSP are all fantastic fucking records, and almost every other album they've released is a front-loaded structural mess.
>>
>>69654670
There is always one...
>>
>>69655273
I wouldn't call Pablo Honey bad but I wouldn't call it good.
>>
>>69653914
>>69653681
>>69653575
You guys are talking about the old Kanye. Kanye sold out and gave into the trap/drill genre. New kanye sucks
>>
>>69655273
>pablo honey
>king of limbs
>>
>>69655895
>In Rainbows
>Front-Loaded structural mess

You're an idiot.
>>
File: 1481006962650.jpg (17KB, 337x600px) Image search: [Google]
1481006962650.jpg
17KB, 337x600px
>>69656990
thom would call it bad
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.