[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Even if you disagree with the politics, you *have* to agree it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

Even if you disagree with the politics, you *have* to agree it's smarter and has more good musical ideas going for it than most current hip-hop releases.

Discuss.
>>
>more good musical ideas going for it than most current hip-hop releases

Like that's a high bar to clear
>>
>Retards Attempting Poetry
>smart
>>
TPTB was better
>>
>>69649837
>we gonna be alt-right

what did he mean by this
>>
>>69649837
I feel like this is the album J. Cole was aiming to sound like when he made 4YEO and it fell flat
>>
i've never listened to it

what are the politics
>>
File: 1455233879787.png (106KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1455233879787.png
106KB, 750x750px
>>69650702
>>
>>69649837

>Even if you disagree with the politics, you *have* to agree it's an album with music on it
>>
>>69650764
that the potential of black men is burnt out by drugs, violence, discrimination, etc
>>
It's a pretty good album. Is it really political though? Racism is very polemic in America but is this kind of social commentary actually pushing for a certain political agenda, or is black music political by association as some kind of status symbol?
>>
I feel like Kendrick puts forward his political viewpoints on this album, but he doesn't really try to force his viewpoint on you as a listener, since the issues he chooses to tackle at any one point are usually contextualized within the stages of the overarching journey of self-actualization and development Kendrick goes through on the album; the increasing gravity of the social issues he tackles are used as a device to show his increasing wisdom as he ages and progresses through the album's timeline.

As for your topic, I believe it certainly helped bring funk and jazz back into the mainstream awareness, and I love the Gil-Scot Heron/Amiri Baraka type poetry style he uses on For Free, the other two poems, and the diversity in production styles across tracks
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.