[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why isn't this discussed more often?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: 81jqxn0RdUL._SL1400_.jpg (352KB, 1400x1400px) Image search: [Google]
81jqxn0RdUL._SL1400_.jpg
352KB, 1400x1400px
Why isn't this discussed more often?
>>
Because it's the most popular Gabriel-era record of theirs, but fans and prog enthusiasts tend to go for Nursery Cryme, Foxtrot or The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway instead.
>>
Do you like Phil Collins? I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. Christy, take off your robe. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. Sabrina, remove your dress. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Sabrina, why don't you, uh, dance a little. Take the lyrics to Land of Confusion. In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. In Too Deep is the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as anything I've heard in rock. Christy, get down on your knees so Sabrina can see your asshole. Phil Collins' solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like In the Air Tonight and Against All Odds. Sabrina, don't just stare at it, eat it. But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist. This is Sussudio, a great, great song, a personal favorite.
>>
Because it hasn't been turned into a meme yet.

Also I like A Trick of the Tail and Foxtrot better tbqh.
>>
lamb lies down on broadway is probably my favourite genesis album
it's also the only double album I can listen from start to finish
Selling England and Nursery Cryme are also great
still need to absorb Foxtrot
>>
>>69644426
tl;dr and I don't know if this is a copypasta but Phil Collins's daughter is a 10/10 qt blatantly trying to market herself as a new Audrey Hepburn but still qt
>>
>>69644714
it's from American Psycho, Patrick Bateman has a notoriously shitty music taste.
>>
>>69644740
>not knowing about the Phil Collins quote from American Psycho
>>
>>69644315
Because most prog is shit
>>
File: 1380186681320.gif (339KB, 250x167px) Image search: [Google]
1380186681320.gif
339KB, 250x167px
>>69644740

>I don't know if this is a copypasta

Dude
>>
>>69644742
At least he likes Duke.
>>
File: 1426462778664.png (12KB, 356x376px) Image search: [Google]
1426462778664.png
12KB, 356x376px
Foxtrot > Selling England > Wind & Wuthering > Nursery Cryme > The Lamb > Duke > A Trick of the Tail > Trespass > And Then There Were Three > Whatever else is left
>>
>>69644830
Well... at least you got Foxtrot right.
>>
>>69644830
>Nursery Cryme > The Lamb
>Duke > A Trick of the Tail

Switch these and I can agree with you
>>
>>69644830
Trespass is their best album
>>
>>69645117
Trespass was just a shitty King Crimson ripoff sung by Peter Gabriel, I don't know why Genesis fans like this album so much. They only got actually good with Nursery Cryme, and then went downhill after 1980.
>>
>genesnooze
>>
>>69644315
Idk but Firth of Fifth is their best song
>>
>>69644404
Foxtrot is way better desu.
>>
>>69644740
Its not a pasta. Wait til you hear my thoughts on Huey and the News
>>
This used to be my all-time fav album. Still probably top 5.
>>
>>69644830
Don't forget Wind and Wuthering, I prefer it to trick of the Tail. Both of those are also better than Duke, especially if you love Foxtrot

>>69645369
Yeah, I love that piano intro. Used to play it, my favourite song of theirs is the Musical Box though
>>
>>69645535
Wind & Wuthering is right after Selling England there tho
>>
>>69645556
Haha shit, somehow missed that

My ranking btw
Foxtrot > Nursery Crime > Wind and Wuthering > Selling England > Trespass > Trick of the Tail > Lamb Lies Down > Genesis > Duke > And then There Were Three > From Genesis to Revelation > Invisible Touch > Abacab > don't know the other ones
>>
>>69645652
It's nice to see someone who ranks Wind & Wuthering as one of their best, people usually say A Trick of the Tail is a lot better and W&W is the weakest prog Genesis album.

I always thought it was an improvement over Trick of the Tail, that album was seriously lacking in the Steve Hackett guitar solo department. W&W on the other hand has a handful of great Hackett moments in Eleventh Earl of Mar, One for the Vine, All in a Mouse's Night and In that Quiet Earth.

My only actual gripe with this album is that Inside and Out didn't make the cut, but fucking Your Own Special Way did.
>>
THERE'S ALWAYS BEEN ETHEL: "JACOB WAKE UP YOU'VE GOT TO TIDY YOUR ROOM NOW" AND THEN MISTER LEWIS "ISN'T IT TIME THAT HE WAS OUT ON HIS OWN?" OVER THE GARDEN WALL, TWO LITTLE LOVEBIRDS - KEKOO TO YOU! KEEP THEM MOWING BLADES SHARP... I KNOW WHAT I LIKE, AND I LIKE WHAT I KNOW; GETTING BETTER IN YOUR WARDROBE, STEPPING ONE BEYOND YOUR SHOW. SUNDAY NIGHT, MR. FARMER CALLED, SAID: "LISTEN SON, YOU'RE WASTING TIME; THERE'S A FUTURE FOR YOU IN THE FIRE ESCAPE TRADE. COME UP TO TOWN!" AND I REMEMBERED A VOICE FROM THE PAST: "GAMBLING ONLY PAYS WHEN YOU'RE WINNING," HAD TO THANK OLD MISS MORT FOR SCHOOLING A FAILURE. KEEP THEM MOWING BLADES SHARP... I KNOW WHAT I LIKE, AND I LIKE WHAT I KNOW; GETTING BETTER IN YOUR WARDROBE, STEPPING ONE BEYOND YOUR SHOW.
WHEN THE SUN BEATS DOWN, AND I LIE ON THE BENCH, I CAN ALWAYS HEAR THEM TALK.
ME? I'M JUST A LAWNMOWER, YOU CAN TELL ME BY THE WAY I WALK.
>>
>>69647310
>KEKOO

bravo mods
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.