[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

4'33"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_2073.jpg (70KB, 618x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2073.jpg
70KB, 618x800px
What does /mu/ think about 4'33"?
>>
eh?
>>
I dunno I haven't heard it yet.
>>
I genuinely believe it is the peak of music.
>>
I prefer the extended remix
>>
Silence should not be considered music.

If it's the ambience of the room and the people in it, it is music.
>>
>>69639211
That's the point though. People always assume that the silence in the piece is the music, but it's actually supposed to show that ambience in the room is an essential part of music.
>>
>>69639187
Or at least a version that isn't 4/4. Can OP get any more pleb?
>>
>>69639230
We've had this thread before and proved that wasn't his point.
>>
>>69639211
music periods of sounds and intended silences in varying degrees. Silence is just as integral to a musical piece as is sound. If you can have a potentially composed unrelenting wall of sound be considered music under the genre of "Noise" then an unrelenting period of composed silence is equally valid as music because as long as you have ears, you are hearing something.
>>
Modernism is cancer in every field
>>
first song I learned to play
>>
>>69639261
I agree that silence in intervals could be considered part of compositions, like in Sugimoto's quartet, but silence by itself can't be considered music.

Noise is sound, any sound can be considered music.

Clear is not a color.
>>
>>69639302
Which is one of the directs causes of this. He saw some guy present a blank canvas as an art piece and then he knew what he had to do.
>>
>>69639166
Technically, you listen to it every single second of your life
>>
>>69639302
If I compose music that is unrelenting sequence of sixteenth notes for a period of time until the end of the song, is that music?

If I compose music that is unrelenting sequence of sixteenth rests for a period of time until the end of the song, is that music?

>Noise is sound, any sound can be considered music.

even sounds not intended by the composer? Like playing a different pitch then what was notated, or if someone pulls the fire alarm in the concert hall?
>>
>>69639153
John Cage is hack.
He has some okay stuff but he is known for this conceptual shit, poor guy.
>HEHE IS IT MUSING OR NO? HAHA
>>
File: images (49).jpg (17KB, 349x421px) Image search: [Google]
images (49).jpg
17KB, 349x421px
>>69639262
No
>>
>>69639262
go to bed grandpa
>>
btw you guys are overthinking, 4,33 is just a divertissement
>>
>>69639153
>4/4
DROPPED
>>
>>69639366
Both of those are not part of the original composition, so I guess they're errors. But they are included in the performance, so they're part of the music.
>>
>>69639366
>>69639552
Also, if there is always the possibility of an error by a musician, or a sneeze, rustle of the coat, etc. in the audience, would every live piece be indeterminate?
>>
>>69639395
Cute
>>
>>69639566
When you really think about it every live piece is indeterminate.
>>
>>69639153
Not as good as Indeterminacy and makes people write off a great composer
>>
>>69639710
yeah it's just not that big a deal. It pushes the limits of composition is such a tongue in cheek way compared to other stuff he wrote like thishttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maIwkKEWiPs
>>
>>69639592
Wanna compare feminine penises?
>>
Pretentious as hell.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.