[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sick of Pink Floyd threads

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: cover_4525101012011_r.jpg (16KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
cover_4525101012011_r.jpg
16KB, 300x300px
Every time somebody posts a Pink Floyd thread everybody argues about their best album in the 1970s starting with Dark Side of The Moon. Which is the best? That one Wish You Were Here Animals or The Wall? And there are those who insist that Piper at The Gates of Dawn is the only good album they put out and that Syd Barrett WAS Pink Floyd hands down. And yet not once have I ever seen this masterpiece discussed. This is a collection of early singles many feature your precious Syd Barret on vocals. I'll bet many so called die hard fans have never heard this album or are even familiar with the songs that didn't appear on PATGOD! Until people start having serious discussions about Pink Floyd especially about this album the Pink Floyd threads should just stop!
>>
>>69638383
Animals and Wish You Were Here are my two favorites, but I like all of their albums from Piper through the Wall.
>>
Is this anything like the Relics album? How does it compare?
>>
>>69638383
I didn't think anybody else knew about this album. I meet so many Syd Barrett fans and it's fun to watch the expressions on their faces when I play songs like Apples and Oranges or Candy and a Current Bun. Anybody who doesn't know about this record isn't a real PF fan as far as I'm concerned.
>>
Yeah, I like this one. Terrible cover art though.

Meddle's my favorite.
>>
Pink Floyd is /mu/core deal with it
>>
File: atomheartmother.jpg (116KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
atomheartmother.jpg
116KB, 512x512px
>>69638383
the only good album they ever released was pic rel
>>
>you're not a real Pink Floyd fan if you don't listen to random shitty compilations of songs that appear on other albums

Oh fuck off OP.
>>
>>69638672
I agree that the artwork is rather lazy but still one of the best representations of early PF. After all it is really just an early singles collection. Great songs. Once again you can't judge a book or in this case a bum by it's cover.
>>
>>69638830
OK so three out of five of the songs off of side one are from PATGOD and on Side Two Julia Dream and Paint Box are featured on Relics and See Emily Play opened the U.S. version of PATGOD but I still stand by my statement.
>>
>>69638600
As a major Sydfag I can confirm that Apples and Oranges and Candy and a Currant Bun kick ass, yet no one has heard of them
>>
Meddle > DSOTM
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.