[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you guys think of this album?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_5480.jpg (373KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5480.jpg
373KB, 1000x1000px
What do you guys think of this album?
>>
>>69638196
A masterpiece
>>
>>69638196
/mu/core

it's pretty good, but just search for it in the archive
>>
>>69638526
>/Mu/core
>>
>>69638196
it's a less compositionally intricate Talk Talk with a shoegaze guy on vocals

which makes it still pretty fucking amazing
>>
>>69638692
This is exactly why I like it so much. I love Hollis's vocals (or none at all) but the ones on this album just give the album a certain mood.
>>
Never heard of it. Really cool cover tho
>>
>>69638196
It's Hexcellent
>>
>>69638747
I'm gonna drop the 'cover perfectly fits the music' cliche here. because it really does
>>
>>69638774
Cool I'll check it out. So they're related to Talk Talk in some way? I've only really listened to Laughingstock but I dig that a lot
>>
>>69638796
musically they very similar. I think Hex was actually the first album ever to be referred to as 'post-rock'. but it gets a lot darker and more sinister at times, I think of it as the night to Laughing Stock's day.
>>
>>69638196
It's the most bland of the first wave post-rock albums and that's saying a lot
>>
>>69638823
Dang alright, can't wait to listen. Thanks man
>>
Codename:Dustsucker was superior

also NEW ALBUM FUCKING WHEN
>>
>>69638196
a true masterpiece of post rock

'post rock' after 2000 is not 'post rock'
>>
>>69639092
What is it then?
>>
File: front.jpg (57KB, 608x545px) Image search: [Google]
front.jpg
57KB, 608x545px
>>69639092
hey now, this was '02 and Sigur Ros always seemed like one of the few big post-rock bands that actually took inspiration from Talk Talk

maybe it would be more accurate to say that no good post-rock groups were formed after the year 2000
>>
>>69638196
Vocals get corny in the middle of the album
>>
File: a3848601028_16.jpg (76KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
a3848601028_16.jpg
76KB, 700x700px
>>69639092
seems like a needlessly extreme stance
>>
>>69639092
so it's post-post rock?
>>69639156
this

their are some good post-rock groups after '00 or '02 outside US like Japan or Korea
>>
>>69639221
shit. they're
>>
It's one of my all-time favorites, I could ramble about it all day.
The use of "negative space" (I can't think of any other way to put it) is amazing. Sometimes there will be nothing other than some sparse drums and a few lone guitar notes yet it will feel lush and atmospheric. The dynamics are great, I actually think that's what makes it superior to Talk Talk. They're able to shift between near-silence and crescendo totally fluidly and it doesn't feel like a "dramatic buildup" or overly theatrical ever. Just smooth and comfy. It can sneak up on you in that sense, I remember the first time I heard Eyes and Smiles the clean arpeggios hypnotized me and then when the horns came in it was like "holy shit".
Dustsucker is great too but I don't feel like the highs are as high as with this one. They really hit something special here.
>>
God some of the basslines on here are so damn crunchy
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.