[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/Ae/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: Autechreelseq15.jpg (6KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
Autechreelseq15.jpg
6KB, 220x220px
>Favorite Album
>Favorite Track
>Favorite era
>Favorite Period
>Favorite EP
>>
as much as i love confield, tri repetae, and gantz graf, i see it difficult to even compete with autechre post exai. its legitimately the most intoxicating and complex music ever created
>>
File: 1465032966747.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1465032966747.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
I love this set.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSpS3TFS3P0
You can hear some proto-Quaristice in there.
>>
File: Nick Meers.png (1MB, 1742x537px) Image search: [Google]
Nick Meers.png
1MB, 1742x537px
>>69629020

-Difficult to say, because the tracks I like best are spread out over multiple albums, but it's one of Amber, Tri Repetae, Chiastic Slide or Confield. If I were pressed as to an album I'd probably say CHIASTIC SLIDE. I think it's worth mentioning that the other three albums I mentioned were my first three Autechre albums, all bought circa 2001 when I started getting into the group, so I have the most mental/personal history with those.

-See above, similar idea. My favorite tracks, confining ourselves to proper albums just now, tend to derive from the above albums as you'd expect, and include Montreal, Clipper, Pen Expers, Cipater, and Nuane. If I had to pick ONE TRACK I would only be able to narrow it down to a TIE between CLIPPER and PEN EXPERS, which is slightly odd because I just said that CHIASTIC SLIDE edges as a probable favorite album. The point being that Chiastic slide is the ideal bridge-point between the early stuff and the later abstraction. Favorite EP tracks include Vletrmx21 and Goz Quarter. You'll notice I focus on the first half of the catalogue, so let me just throw out that a more recent track I really like is Jatevee-C. I also really like Draft 7.30 generally but I haven't been "into" it just lately.

-This ought to be pretty obvious from the above discussion. Say about 94-97, from Amber (include Anti in here) up through Chiastic and Envane. As I've said many times, LP5 is my personal least favorite Autechre album, despite the fact that I know it's popular among 4chan anons. Personally I view it as a regression.

-I don't think that this fourth question is meaningfully different from the third, and so I pass over it.

-Envane.

First three albums re-issued with codes to access a new live set! Go get 'em chilluns!
>>
>>69629596

Something I failed to mention here is the also very solid first Peel Session, and the We R Are Why single, which round out the period very nicely. I think one of the Warp founders called Drane one of his top 20 favorite tracks ever released on the label, and so they did a compilation of those favorite tracks IIRC.
>>
OP here

Sorry about the period/era questions since they're really the same thing. I wasn't thinking straight
>>
>>69629287
I'd say that's true. They continue to reach new heights along with their growing technology. They're pretty much the most prolific musical act ever i'd say. Such constant growth is unheard of
>>
>>69629020
>Favorite Album
Confield
>Favorite Track
mesh cinereaL
>Favorite era
Confield-Untilted
>Favorite EP
Cichlisuite desu
>>
>>69629769
could you explain what you like about mesh cinereaL? it still hasn't clicked with me
>>
>Favorite Album
Exai
>Favorite Track
Right now? Probably Pendulu Hv Moda
>Favorite Period
This one.
>Favorite EP
Either L-Event or Envane
>>
It changes between Untilted/Draft 7.30/Confield/Oversteps like weekly

maybe V-Proc or Cfern

00s

Move Of Ten

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WM8WgnkZMu8
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX8NMaGEs6g
does anyone think the bit at ~32:40 of the new live set sort of sounds like some of AFX's stuff, or is it just me?
>>
>>69630223
It just has a huge, spacious sound that constantly morphs and almost never repeats. It's oddly melodic and the track slowly collapses in on itself and at the 15:45 mark, it explodes. It erupts into something more noisy, it's reminiscent of the previous 15 minutes but this time it's on a mix of Acid and Heroin. I just love the noise/imagery/space it presents. Still, to each their own.

I also get a weird image of a bunch of long, black, noodly arms trying to reach the opening of a dome. At the 16 minute mark the hands finally break out, revealing a schizophrenic, colorful word around them, littered with more domes containing more arms. The free arms smash into the other domes and free them.
>>
Here's a good question for the thread: What is your FAVORITE TRACK....

which has a title that is a sensible English word/phrase, or close enough to that to legitimately count?

Examples: Iris was a Pupil, The Trees, Fermium, Foil, Windwind (pushing it a bit here but just as an illustration of where the idea starts to break down)

Nonexamples: Pen Expers, Kalpol Introl, V-PROC, M-39 Diffain

My pick: Lowride.
>>
>>69630525
STUD
>>
>>69630525
Probably Sublimit if that counts.

Otherwise Stud, known(1), Bike, Eidetic Casein and Eggshell.
>>
>>69630525
blade lores
>>
>>69630525
FLeure or cloudline
>>
>>69630724

I don't think that "FLeure" counts.
>>
>>69630799
I was thinking of human words instead of only english. In that case, Latent Quarter.
>>
>>69630852

Yes, for this prompt we specifically require english words.

Once you allow /too/ much wordplay/computer stuff/foreign languages, the question loses its meaning since almost all autechre track titles can be argued into the conversation, so then it becomes a "favorite track" question with nothing special about it.
>>
Ae_Onesix live sets when
>>
>>69631319
there's some p decent recordings on the watmm forum
i think it's nearly all of them so far
the brighton one sounds great
>>
>>69629287
They have always been trying to find a way to take things to the next level. Particularly after LP5

Confield was made when using computer programs to do stuff was first really becoming big, and they took that as far as they could to see what the computer program can do.

Draft 7.30 goes from there to creating a concept with the programs on music that first starts off nice and normal and complete, then continues to fall apart (essentially going from Final Copy -> Rough Draft instead of the other way around like you do with IRL projects.)

Quaristice is taking various entirely different long ass jam sessions and putting them together. This is like going back to how something like Remain In Light by Talking Heads was done, how that approach influenced electronic music, and how it's a completely different story thanks to the programmed way of doing the music/jams.

Oversteps is like them going "damn we haven't done that old style stuff in a long time, I wonder what happens when we take older ideas and put them through our new processes."

Exai just expands Oversteps further by essentially making a journey through their entire career.

And I am not even gonna try to do elseq right now. There's so much happening I haven't honestly been able to fully process through it all yet. I don't think anyone has really.

I think that at some point years down the road, all their post-Confield stuff will be appreciated more as you usually see people write it off because of how complex the music is and the amount of time needed to fully process it. The modern day Stockhausens.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.