[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I decided to give it an honest listen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: radiohead-okcomputer.jpg (312KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
radiohead-okcomputer.jpg
312KB, 1500x1500px
First time I actually sat down and gave it a whole-hearted listen.

Airbag - 3.5/5
Paranoid Android 4/5
Subterranean Homesick Alien 5/5
Exit Music 4/5
Let Down 3/5 (boring)
Karma Police 4/5
Fitter Happier 6/5 (I replayed this one)
Electioneering 4/5
Climbing Up The Walls 4.5/5
No Surprises 5/5
Luck 4/5
The Tourist 4/5

I finished it a few minutes ago.
Overall pretty good. That said I didn't have the same emotional reaction as a lot of others did. I appreciate what the point is but I guess what I mean is that it doesn't really relate to me too much.
Musically I think it is fantastic. My least favorite songs were Airbag and Let Down. After I finished the album I went back and listened to Airbag again and I do think it is a good song but it could have been better.
Let Down is my least favorite because I found it boring. It wasn't as musically interesting as any of the other songs. The lyrics are good.
>>
>>69625177
>Let Down 3/5 (boring)
Get out
>>
>>69625177
Keep relistening to it once a week
or be thankful you don't have an emotional connection to it.
I can't even listen to the album anymore because it makes me depressed
>>
>Let Down above Electioneering

But for real I do agree with No Surprises and Subterranean Homesick Aliens being 5/5 (Along with most of the album but that's beside the point)
>>
>>69625294
climbing up the walls is this album's peak imo
>>
>>69625177
Agree with you, not my favourite by RH, but still great.
>>
>>69625177
You'll "get" Let Down after a couple relistens. It's amazing once you do.
>>
File: Katy_Perry_ nigga.jpg (58KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Katy_Perry_ nigga.jpg
58KB, 600x450px
>>69625177
Nobody cares about the musical opinion of some kid who has admittedly never even listened to Radiohead.
Why would you give Fitter Happier a "6/5", what ever the fuck that means. It is literally the fucking < 2 minute interlude track, lol.
Also, the fact that your vocabulary is on par with a 12 year old doesn't improve this, "Ok Computer first impressions" post.

I am not even a Radiohead or OK CPU fanboy; your post just solidifies my perceptions of /mu/ as being full of 16 year old kids who actually think that they can contribute an informed thought.
>>
>>69625177
This is interesting. I thought that Airbag and Let Down were clearly one of the best.
>>
>>69625177
lucky and karma police are flawless dipshit
>>
>>69627774
What's wrong with you?
>>
why does everyone think that this album is a 5/5?
it is actually pretty good, but it has some serious flaws (like fucking electioneering)
>>
>>69625221
Kid A does this to me
>>
>>69627774
>being full of 16 year old kids
ACTUALLY I'm 18
Get fucked fag XD
>>
>>69627992
I've never seen anybody argue the case for Electioneering, even from the people saying OKC is 10/10.
It doesn't really connect to Climbing Up The Walls.
>>
Let Down is the distilled essence Radiohead
it's easy to miss but when the lyrics click it's incredible
>>
why would you judge an album after only one listen?
>>
File: JarJarHS-SWE.jpg (55KB, 397x449px) Image search: [Google]
JarJarHS-SWE.jpg
55KB, 397x449px
>he fell for the meme and unironically listened to radiohead

2016, what a time to be alive.
>>
>>69625177
>let down boring
>>
File: kronk bait for anon.jpg (41KB, 500x294px) Image search: [Google]
kronk bait for anon.jpg
41KB, 500x294px
>>69625177

>Airbag 3.5/5
>Let Down 3/5
>No Surprises 5/5
>Fitter Happier 6/5
>>
>rating out of 5 and not out of 15
opinion instantly disregarded
>>
>>69628406
Ill obviously do new rating when I listen to it a second time.

>>69629178
Multiply all the top numbers by three, there you go.
>>
>>69627774
this.
>>
>>69627774
this
>>
>>69625177
>Let Down 3/5 (boring)
Opinion dismissed
>>
>>69627774
I agree with most everything this guy said but this board is full of people who don't know what the fuck they're talking about so why do you care so much. It's nice to see someone picking up something new. a bit refreshing compared to r/radiohead where people are evaluating shit at unbefore seen levels of autism.

don't be such an asshole. it says a lot about you that you took the time to type all that shit up.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.