[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on Metric?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

Thoughts on Metric?
>>
I like them but they're not anything super special. They're a good choice if you're playing music in front of people who will give you weird for playing the stuff you normally listen to
>>
>>69620115
Poor man's Sounds. Still pretty good though.
>>
>>69620115
background music for a hip clothes store
>>
>>69620209
No way The Sounds are better than them.
>>
A consistent filler in my playlists.

>Brie Larson Black Sheep > Metric Black Sheep.
>>
WTF is with this Metric hate here?
>>
>>69620358
>No way, The Sounds are better than them
I know, that's what I just said.
>>
File: 2599338.jpg (7KB, 300x271px) Image search: [Google]
2599338.jpg
7KB, 300x271px
I really like Metric, but they have only one good album
>>
>>69620453
Stop adding that damn comma. I like The Sounds, but let's be real, Metric are much better. The Sounds didn't make a good albums since Crossing the Rubicon. Metric have only one weak album: Pagans in Vegas.

>>69620488
Live it Out, Old World Underground, Synthetica, Grow Up and Blow Away, are all solid.
>>
>>69620413
"no"
>>69620711
Take out Synthetica and I agree.
>>
File: 51H6F4QCQDL.jpg (39KB, 500x447px) Image search: [Google]
51H6F4QCQDL.jpg
39KB, 500x447px
I like this more than anything Metric has done
>>
>>69620488
That album is literally the turning point when they went from decent to bad.
>>
>>69620752
What is wrong with Synthetica?
>>
>>69620978
That's wrong. Pagans in Vegas (their latest album) was the turning point when they went from awesome to mediocre. I hope that was just a phase. Metric were consistently great for years.
>>
>>69620787
That album is alright, it's one of the few that I own physical copies for. Nothing so special though. I think her first solo album is better.
>>
File: 14[1].jpg (48KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
14[1].jpg
48KB, 480x640px
>>69620115
I like this crotch shot
>>
>>69621046
I know all the album's. I disagree, VIP is just the next step after fantasies. Fantasies started this trend, just listen to it. This isn't a phase, this is the new metric. Everything pre fantasies is good. Fantasies is alright. Post fantasies is All downhill. All Emily's solo stuff is decent, except for the first one. That one was great. Her father had a good album as well with some jazz musician. Can't remember the name but same art style as "knives don't have your back"
>>
>>69621208
That's all just subjective. Say what you will, but Fantasies was very well received by fans and critics. It's just glossier than before, but the songs are still solid. This album is much more than alright.

>this is the new metric
They became poppier starting with Fantasies but only on Pagans in Vegas they kinda dropped the ball (even their weakest album have some good songs).
>>
>>69620978
Exactly. They peaked with this one
>>
>>69620711
It should be noted that the Sounds album Dying To Say This To You is alone better than Metric's discography.
>>
>>69622559
Your note is just hyperbolic. I listened to that album at least 10 times. It's no better than most Metric albums, that's for sure. Dying To Say This To You is very frontloaded, the first 5 songs are all great, but after than only Ego and maybe Hurt You are as good and the rest = fairly mediocre. On the other hand, Metric are much more consistent.
>>
Boring but Black Sheep is a pretty good song
>>
>>69621719
I can live with that. I think I'm just not someone with an ear for gloss, especially in the drums, which is what fantasies delivered to me. Not that it's bad.
>>
>>69620711
this guy knows whats up.
>>
>>69624105
Yeah, I noticed that they simplified the drums dramatically. Compare Dead Disco with Gold Guns Girls.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.