[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

US Grimes or UK Grime? Your pick

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 1

File: uk.jpg (306KB, 1284x750px) Image search: [Google]
uk.jpg
306KB, 1284x750px
US Grimes or UK Grime?

Your pick
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/11853448
>>
anything but that ugly whore
>>
"UK Grime" is literally just British people rapping over trap instrumentals and adding some Death Grips influence into the beats, lyrics, and rapping delivery style.
>>
>>69619215
>Canada
>USA

Nice try Hilary
>>
>>69619232
rap isn't a genre on its on. US hip hop has different stylistic origins.
>>
>>69619232
you don't know what the fuck you're talking about
>>
>>69619225
Please be kind
>>
>>69619232
Okay I shouldn't be taking the bait but no, no it isn't

UK Grime has been around since about 2003, the instrumentals are similar to 2-Step Garage or original dubstep. Was also a natural progression of Jungle music which was emceeing on Drum&Bass or Breakbeats

Nowadays you see a lot of grime emcees rapping on trap instrumentals but grime instrumentals sound completely different.

And where you get death grips from is beyond me t b h

If you actually learnt a little bit about the genre and wasn't just an ignorant amerifat you may have already known this.
>>
>>69619215
Why would I want to listen to chavs rapping with their goofy ass accents?
>>
>>69619306
please go outside and talk to a woman
>>
>>69619370
Gladly and Ill be nice to them as well because I'm not misogynist.
>>
UK
>>
>>69619327
grime ain't hip hop
>>
AYE MUNTER SHUT APP
>>
>>69619448
>hates grimes
>hates all women
wew, that's a quite a leap. maybe if you didn't spend all day on tumblr and 4chan talking about some ugly dyke you'd better understand how much of a logical fallacy this is
>>
>>69619753
>using whore isn't misogynist

you aren't fooling anyone kid. try visiting a psychiatrist, it might fix something in your head.
>>
>>69619939
I don't hate all women. Misogyny is hatred of all women. I don't. I just hate whores/loose women. Although it's hard to imagine anybody has ever wanted to have sex with her. And Grimes is basically a dude anyway
>>
>>69620271

unless you would hate a guy for shagging a few different girls that's kind of misogyny friend
>>
>>69620393
We get to do that. We're men.
>>
>>69620271
No, you idiot. You hate women more successful and beautiful than you. e.g. Grimes. You will bever be even 1/20 as good as her. Prove me wrong.
>>
>>69619215
They're both shit, but I hate Grimes a little bit less, I guess. The Realiti demo was pretty good after all.
>>
UK Grime is just hip hop. Prove me wrong
>>
>>69620393
A key that opens many locks is a good key.
A lock that is opened by many keys is a shit lock.
>>
>>69621254
false equivalence
>>
>>69621233
Grime and hip-hop both came from Jamaican sound system culture, just in different ways.

Jamaicans who immigrated to the US ended up assimilating and creating hip-hop.

Jamaicans who immigrated to the UK ended up assimilating and creating genres like jungle and garage which later led to grime.

Grime and hip-hop are distant cousins but they're grime did not come from hip-hop or vice versa
>>
>>69619268
he never said rap was a genre
>>
>>69619318
Aint it from the late 90s? The Death Grips bit is too stupid for it to not be bait
>>
>>69619232
>adding some Death Grips influence
lol
>>
American here. I totally understand the evolution of grime through soundsystem culture, but the rapping or 'spitting' in grime is directly influenced by US rap, not so much an evolution of emceeing . That's just how it seems to me. What does a more knowledgable person on the subject have to say?
>>
>>69622411
it came out of radio MCing.
>>
>>69621371
US hip hop is much bigger though.
>>
>>69621254
What about dudes that want girls to peg them afterwards, does that make them both shitty locks or does it all balance out?
>>
>>69622579
But how
>>
>>69622411
Maybe like modern shit that gets pegged as grime, but go back 10, 15 years ago
>>
>>69621254
>you
>>
>>69621254
>>69621352
A lock that is opened by many keys is a good lock.
A lock that is opened without a key is a shit lock.
>>
>>69621254
damn
>>
>>69623256
see
>>69623219
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.