[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The King of Limbs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0481.jpg (54KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0481.jpg
54KB, 250x250px
A lot of people seem to think this is one of Radiohead's worst, but IMO it's criminally underrated.

What does /mu/ think?
>>
Personal favorite even if it's definitely not their best.

Love the expanded timbral palette and how they actually finally made a fusion between Rock and Dance music.
>>
>>69612715
It's one of those "Overrated because it's underrated" albums A lot of people don't like it so retards see it as an opportunity to flock to it and claim it's """"""Underrated"""""""" in order to seem like they're getting something out of it that other people aren't..
>>
>>69612767
This post literally says nothing. You're just admitting that it is underrated.
>>
>>69612789
No, I said other people claim that it's underrated. I never said myself that it was.
>>
It is one of their "worst" in that the band's average quality is so high that even a good album like TKOL ranks towards the bottom. Personally, I think the album's bold but immature in its experimentation with loops and polyrhythms. I actually think A Moon Shaped Pool did a much more tasteful job of incorporating loops into songs like Daydreaming and Present Tense. That said, kudos to the band to going balls to the wall with Feral. Grossly underappreciated track, that one. It's everything crazy about TKOL cranked up to 11.
>>
>>69612715

One of my favourites, honestly.
Second half > First half
>>
>>69612850
I love Feral as an "interlude"
>>
It has great moments, but don't act like Feral and Little by Little are subpar.
>>
>>69612991

I wouldn't say any one part of TKOL is subpar (though I'm not the biggest fan of Codex), but it really could've used Supercollider and Staircase on the main tracklist to flesh it out properly.
>>
>>69613027
>not the biggest fan of Codex

>doesn't like one of the best songs, says there are no subpar moments when there clearly are
>>
>>69613056

To each their own, man. I see no beef to be had with Little By Little and while Codex might not be the best song I'd say it's the most fascinating. Much wilder than the rest of the record. As for Codex, I just get Pyramid Song flashbacks with it but it's alright otherwise.
>>
>>69613098
LBL isn't bad, I just don't feel as if its brushing shoulders with Bloom, Separator, or Codex, you know?

I feel like Yorke does the rhythmic palette in a much deeper nature in TMB, even if its synthetic instead of TKOL-organic.
>>
>>69612733

Yes!

I think once you let go of the expectation that a Radiohead album is about inner turmoil this is quite good. If IR was about moving forward and changing, KOL is about stasis and peace.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.