[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on Joyo pedals Or cheap pedals in general Point me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: Joyo-Parlour-Pawn1.jpg (3MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
Joyo-Parlour-Pawn1.jpg
3MB, 4000x3000px
Thoughts on Joyo pedals

Or cheap pedals in general

Point me in the right direction /mu/
>>
>>69612553
joyo's stuff is good--well built and sounds good
i personally still use the flanger among many other nicer pedals

behringer makes good sounding stuff but it's built poorly but i like the vp 1
>>
>>69612553
Joyo is great. Caline is great. Eno is great.
Most of the cheapy china pedals are great (excluding anything called "metal" or "extreme" but that's just my despising hi gain modern metal noise)
>>
>>69612553
Have the octave fuzz, it's nice, but for the price it's unstoppable.
The compressor is subtle.
The phaser is subtle in a really nice way, a gentle swoosh as opposed to the sound of a star farting on a psych rock track
>>
>>69612553
they're legit. I have the Orange Juice, been practicing with it using it DI with headphone monitoring since I can't have an amp right now and it sounds pretty good. When I used it with my amp it made a pretty good character-overdrive.
>>
>>69612553
The only issue can be QC.
So if you can get it from a local retailer at all you have the ease of return if it shows up DOA.
It's no fun returning stuff from Ebay paying more in shipping than the pedal costs
>>
Thanks for the input y'all
Specifically I'm looking for a pedal that offers a unique sound
I'm not so much interested in overdrive or reverb as I am in something that sounds like it came from space if that makes sense
Any suggestions?
>>
>>69613819
>unique sound
This is tricky, I'd suggest a modulation pedal, or an effect seldom used, go a ringmod or bitcrusher (mooer or Eno) IMO.
But you can easily get your own unique sound with just your fingers.
>>
I know quite a few guys in my country making cheap custom pedals and clones that could compete with the more expensive ones.
Also, you can build your simpler pedals yourself, like a treble booster.
>>
>>69614135
One day
>>
>>69612553
Make your own, can't get any cheaper than that
>>
>>69614518
ONE DAY
>>
I have the phaser. Its pretty solid. Steer clear of the power supply though. Its not advertised as such, but its basically a glorified daisy chain
>>
>>69614547
I DONT KNOW WHY
>>
>>69614590
That's ok though if you are only running analog pedals?
I may be mistaken though.
>>
>>69613423
yeah i have the octave fuzz, it's a Foxx Tone Machine clone. ZZ Top Eliminator sound

read that the octave feature works much better bc one of the components is installed backwards or something. I don't really mind the way it sounds as is and can't be assed to mod a pedal though, i can barely solder a phone jack without fucking up
>>
>>69616630
meant to say the octave feature is suppoed to work better if you perform this mod, kinda drunk
>>
I have some stuff ranging from old cheapy behringer to moogerfooger full analog etc

The behringer effects actually sound great, very similar to the boss stuff they rip off, but less than half the price

I really like the digital delay

Just don't stomp on them because they fall to bits. I'd use one at home but not if you gig
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.