[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just listened to this for the first time and wtf the opening

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: Spirit_they've_gone.jpg (12KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
Spirit_they've_gone.jpg
12KB, 220x220px
Just listened to this for the first time and wtf the opening track is like nails on a chalkboard, so hard to listen to
>>
well, just get through it. yeah it's partially noise pop n shit. you get used to it eventually. there are plenty of other songs on the track that are pretty easy to listen to. chocolate girl, la rapet, alvin row, and even most of april and the phantom. just listen to it all the way through and tough it out.
>>
>that album
>Hard to listen to
Even Xiu Xiu is harder than this. Just chillout and have a míx between Focus and disinterest
>>
>>69612523
switch la rapet with penn dreadfuls and yea
>>
File: 0114 - oTgORfa.jpg (35KB, 500x365px) Image search: [Google]
0114 - oTgORfa.jpg
35KB, 500x365px
Literally my favorite song of the album. Got Goose Bumps during the first few seconds
>>
It's not even hard to listen to, it's just badly written music. It's not abrasive though...
>>
this album actually has me convinced that there should be some regulation of how frequencies are used in publicly distributed music. The same way certain movies have warnings about flashing lights for epileptics, this album should have a recommended decibel setting, because the music is actually literally capable of damaging your ears even just listening to it at a similar volume as most other stuff. Artistically, it's a decent debut that shows promise of things they would further develop later on in their career. Still though, be careful how loud you listen to it. If it's causing noticeable discomfort, it's probably not healthy.
>>
>>69612717
what makes it bad?
>>
>>69613127
>the music is actually literally capable of damaging your ears even just listening to it at a similar volume as most other stuff
This is false. Hearing damage comes from volume, not frequency.
>>
>>69613127
The only way it's capable of damaging your ears is if you listen to loud. Frequencies don't damage your ears, loudness does. If you're worried, just turn it down, there's no shame in that
>>
>>69613127
yeah except that would be retarded.
>>
>>69612470
I like that track. I wish it was peppered with piano in the same way that a few tracks on Feels and Prospect Hummer are. I bet that would've sounded nice
>>
>>69613709

Yes, you can get ear damage at any frequency at a high enough volume, and in certain tracks on the album the high frequencies are spiked way higher than the low to mid range frequencies. If you have the volume high enough to hear the vocals clearly, the high frequency on the first track is much higher than the rest, you can see it on a spectrometer if you care to look. Not that you'd have to, because you can feel it piercing your ears.
>>
>>69613683
>replying to boldfaure
>>
>>69612470
One of the best songs of the album.

Also if you do the meme of putting /mu/core on a digital jukebox in a crowded bar I've found this track will piss people off the fastest by a wide margin.
>>
File: 1426371086736.jpg (62KB, 600x663px) Image search: [Google]
1426371086736.jpg
62KB, 600x663px
>>69614849
then turn it down
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.