[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what does /mu/ think of grimes? I never see her discussed here.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2

File: grimes-cover-tout-new.jpg (951KB, 2524x2524px) Image search: [Google]
grimes-cover-tout-new.jpg
951KB, 2524x2524px
what does /mu/ think of grimes? I never see her discussed here.
>>
>>69607553

Pretty cool. She doesn't get talked about enough.
>>
>>69607553
What's it like surfing the Web as a blind person?
>>
File: 3.jpg (3MB, 2848x3176px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
3MB, 2848x3176px
>>69607553
People need to talk more about the artist of the decade.
>>
I don't have an opinion on Grimes because I don't browse Tumblr
>>
>>69607774
She's ugly
>>
If you ever find someone who listens to Grimes almost obsessively, give that person a hug. Because the people that can relate to that music have been through hell and are probably still there.
>>
>>69607809
You know, her music exists outside of Tumblr. By the way, isn't it funny that a supposed Tumblr-artist is so damn popular on /mu/, the Tumblr's nemesis?
>>
Literally who?
>>
>>69607826
Stop talking about yourself.
>>
>>69607865
/mu/ obviously isn't Tumblrs nemesis if Tumblr artists are so popular here
>>
>>69607831
Is this a good or bad thing? WTF do you mean?
>>
Grimes is literal shit-tier garbage. Get that 4/4 ghost-written dumb pop shit out of my face.
>>
>>69607913
No. Take that great music right in your face. Deal with it, pleb.
>>
>>69607944

Enjoy your tumblr music faggot.

Get off this board.
>>
>>69607955
You seem mad. Listen to Grimes to chill your tits, dumbass.
>>
>>69607997

I would murder that bitch if I could just so she would stop shitting out that horrible shit-tier garbage.
>>
never heard of her.
>>
>>69608011
Wow, so edgy, so immature. Grow up, son.
>>
>>69608053

I'll show you edgy m8

Being edgy is browsing tumblr and listening to shit-artists like grimes
>>
>>69607903
If you ever find someone who listens to good or bad things almost obsessively, give that person a hug. Because the people that can relate to that music have been through hell and are probably still there.
>>
>>69607553
She doesn't look pretty. I prefer girls when they're pretty.
>>
>>69608064
You keep saying that Grimes is a shit artist. Could you even prove that?
>>
>>69608100

>Grimes

there's your proof
>>
>>69608094
What hell are you talking about? Listening and relating to her music is like going through hell, WTF?
>>
>>69608110
That is not an argument. Prove it or gtfo and take your subjective opinions with you.
>>
>>69608110
>>69608064
>>69608011
>>69607955
>>69607913
Pathetic.
>>
>>69608162

Bro, there is nothing subjective about grimes being a shit-tier garbage artist that can't even write her own songs
>>
>>69607553
Why did you post a picture on the My Chemical Romance front man?
>>
>>69608178
The only thing that can be 'subjective' is a person's way of looking at something - nothing is subjective itself and anyone who makes such a retarded claim obviously has no idea what subjective means.

Grimes is a generic pop musician with a weird face who is entirely unremarkable. That's factual. She's going to be notable for her influence - derived entirely from 90s radio hits (visually and aurally) - but she'll never be actually credible in any sense other than as a public figure who was marketed effectively at 'non-conformist' teens and the mentally ill.
>>
>>69608141
If you ever find someone who listens to hell almost obsessively, give that person a hug. Because the people that can relate to that music have been through hell and are probably still there.
>>
>>69607553
I honestly thought this was Ariel Pink when I first glanced at it
>>
>>69608513
Ariel Pink himself said that Grimes is like a male version of him. And btw, he apologized for his "stupid and retarded" insult.

http://www.nme.com/news/music/ariel-pink-5-1221051
>>
>>69608416
You're stupid as a sheep. All you said is completely false and taken out of your ass.

>a generic pop musician
Similar artists to her?

>with a weird face who is entirely unremarkable
You just contradicted yourself right here. Weird, yet entirely unremarkable, WTF?

>That's factual.
In your dreams, honey.

>She's going to be notable for her influence - derived entirely from 90s radio hits (visually and aurally) - but she'll never be actually credible in any sense other than as a public figure who was marketed effectively at 'non-conformist' teens and the mentally ill.
How could you be so sure? Who the fuck are you to predict such things? She was credible, is credible and most probably will continue to be credible.
>>
>>69607809
>Thinking Tumblr is a music site
Well... I guess you weren't lying about not browsing there.

Although - how then would you even be in a position to know whether or not she's popular there..?
>>
>>69608064
Okay then - show me. Go browse tumblr and listen to Grimes. Put your money where your mouth is.
>>
>>69608416
>The only thing that can be 'subjective' is a person's way of looking at something
>Lacking this much self awareness
Anon fyi YOU are also a person...

Also, saying something like:
>who is entirely unremarkable.
In the same post as saying something like:
>She's going to be notable for her influence
Strongly implies that you are - ironically given the entirety of your statement - schizophrenic.
>>
Grimes definitely deserves some credit as Visions was a pretty cool release. Not particularly ground breaking but it's fairly accessible.

Lost me on Art Angels tho to the over production. Pretty hard k pop influences too
>>
>>69607913
>>69607955
>>69608011
>>69608064
>>69608110
>>69608178
>>69608416
>>69608485

Reposting myself:
>Due to the culture of rampant contrarianism on this board, the only time you are going to see a huge majority here saying that they "like" something is when the thing in question isn't good enough to be worth hating. Likewise, the only time you are going to see a huge majority here saying that they "hate" something is when the thing in question IS good enough to be worth hating (Because - to paraphrase James Brooks - people throw rocks at things that shine because things that shine are easier to see.)
>For an artist, being universally loved on /mu is a bad sign. Likewise being universally hated on /mu is a bad sign. However being simultaneously strongly loved AND strongly hated by /mu is a wonderful sign, since the size of that dichotomy itself is the closest thing this place has to offer to a true judgment of artistic value.
>The proof that Grimes IS a great artist (insofar as /mu hive-mind opinion is concerned) lies in the fact that she has the POWER TO DIVIDE this place. Only the greatest artists can do that.
>>
shame about the music
shame about the face
>>
Why is she so underrated?
>>
Respect the greatest musician of the decade, faggots
>>
>>69610369
>Not particularly ground breaking but it's fairly accessible.
Wrong. That album was groundbreaking. As a proof, show even one similar album to it (except her older albums). One!

>Lost me on Art Angels tho to the over production. Pretty hard k pop influences too
So, you don't like an album because of production? That's shallow. The songs are still great.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.