[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My 9 year old daughter wants to make Electronic Music, where to start?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: ZjqOgK.jpg (310KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ZjqOgK.jpg
310KB, 1920x1080px
My daughter started band this year in school and she's really enjoyed it. Its something she's found that has really allowed her to blossom and feel more connected to things. Great and positive changes.

She really enjoys listening to electronic music and has said she wants to learn to do it, but I have absolutely no musical background and her only knowledge is from band practice.

I'd like to give her a program/something that will allow her to start electronic music for Christmas, as its basically the only thing she's asked for.

What would be fairly easy to help a kid get started? I'm willing to help her with learning the ropes, though I don't have a background, just want to make sure I get a good program she can use and make music and show her friends.

Any suggestions would be really appreciated.
>>
>>69607247
ableton live
>>
>>69607247
Probs fl
>>
>>69607247
audacity is free senpai
>>
>>69607247
Dr. Drum
>>
>>69607247
Max/Msp might as well get her started in the patrician scene early.
>>
>>69607247
Get her ableton live with a simple midi controller.
>>
These all seem like decent suggestions but will she be able to learn these programs?

>>69607325
What does that do exactly? Are there certain ones I should avoid?
>>
>>69607316
dub turbo unless youre a faggot
>>
>>69607247
Don't often see people with 9 year old daughters around these parts -

Personally I started with FL Studio which was very easy to pick up, but I torrented it back in the good ol' days when it was easy

She'll need some monitors at some point down the line, that'd proabably be first

Then maybe a midi controller or a synth perhaps?
>>
>>69607370
Yeah, there's tons of kids fucking around on these tings. I'd say to definitely get her a MIDI controller or something like a Push. They usually come with a Lite version of a DAW and having something physical to fuck around on should help with her learning.
>>
take her to /pol/ and make her join the kkk
>>
>>69607370
it's like a little keyboard most of the time, a few knobs on some, those are useful. some also have drum pad sections, which can also be super helpful.

what do the other kids do in the band?
>>
File: 1476207235095.jpg (6KB, 250x240px) Image search: [Google]
1476207235095.jpg
6KB, 250x240px
Just build her a modular synth
>>
Just pirate Ableton Live and get her a good midi keyboard for christmas
>>
ableton live

also check this out

https://www.masterclass.com/classes/deadmau5-teaches-electronic-music-production
>>
>>69607619
Seriously this
>>
>>69607619
this is a good suggestion.
>>
fruity loops
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.