[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on this album? Favorite track? Worst track?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: GAMBINO.jpg (180KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
GAMBINO.jpg
180KB, 1000x1000px
Thoughts on this album? Favorite track?
Worst track?
>>
>>69589157
Favourite Track: California
Worst Track: California
>>
>>69589157
>thoughts
I enjoyed it, hopefully he explores more musical directions in the future
>favorite track
I thought the entire album was a good overall experience, I don't really have a favorite, it's weird
>least favorite
Probably California
>>
File: tumblr_ohsectGaC31r4l97ho1_540.jpg (103KB, 540x687px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ohsectGaC31r4l97ho1_540.jpg
103KB, 540x687px
Favorite tracks: Boogieman, Riot, Stand Tall, Me and Your Mama
Worst tracks: Terrified and California

I Feel like this album gets better and better with every listen. Diggin the direction his music is going. I hope he keeps makin psycedelic funk rock.
>>
>>69589253
/thread tbqph
>>
>>69589157
I like Me and Your Mama most.

Whole album is good, although I think California is the weakest track, as stated by almost everyone else. It doesn't seem to fit in that well.
>>
everyone hating on California shake back and forth to the beat of the maracas then tell me how you feel
>>
My favorite album of the year. Everyone I know hates California. I understand why and won't dispute it. But it's a top 3 track for me.
>>
>>69589253
Damn I didn't know this was a widely held belief but I agree
>>
FT: Baby Boy
WT: California

Personally I like California, it just doesn't seem to fit the album so I hate it being in the track listing.
>>
I really feel California was a track that was made during a random warm up/jam sesh and they decided to just throw it on the album. It really just has that "fucking around" vibe to it. Makes me want an EP/Demo/B-Side version of the album.
>>
Both of the pre-release tracks are unfortunately the 2 best tracks on the album. Not that there aren't other good ones on the album, but it's the equivalent of a comedy film putting the best jokes in the trailer. One of my biggest pet peeves in music.

Worst song is... not California. I can see why people don't like it, it does sound unfitting, but i can groove to it AND actually remember what it sounds like. That's more than i can say about Riot, Terrified, or The Night Me and Your Mama Met.
>>
>>69590199
Terrified definitely has groove to it man. Remember it is another thing though.
It's funny. Riot is the track one can likely remember as it's loud and filled with energy, but lacks a true groove. Terrified has the groove, but can't really be remembered that much
>>
Best Track
>Me & Your Mama / Redbone
Worst Track
>California and probably Zombies

I just can't deal with his vocals in California and Zombies, they're just too wonky and all over the place. However I still appreciate that people appreciate those tracks, it just doesn't bounce with me.

One another note, the opening track is SOTY imo
>>
is it just me or is he trying to imitate California Love vocals from Tupac on California
>>
Is this any good or is it just another meme?
>>
>>69589157
Redbone and California obviously

Average, maybe like a 6
>>
>>69589253
my thoughts exactly
>>
I feel like every song on the album has something i LOVE about it and something i absolutley hate.
I really dig how each song progresses so much
>>
>>69594002
Yeah, he's definitely a good songwriter at the "macro" song level. He's got a lot of potential.
>>
>>69592190
has pretty high moments, most are dull
>>
>>69592190
Some songs are kind of generic/filler, some are really well-written.
>>
File: 1416351999934.jpg (64KB, 666x620px) Image search: [Google]
1416351999934.jpg
64KB, 666x620px
I fucking hate this album. I can't remember an album I've been more disappointed with in my entire life.

>stayed away from singles
>didn't read news
>listened to it twice and threw it out of my car window

I hope whoever finds it, appreciates it more than I did. The song writing is great but to change the genre from everything you've put out made me mad. I understand you grow as an artist but fuck. There should have been a disclaimer when I went to buy it: "Warning!!! This is nothing like BtI, Camp or Kauai.

Gambino isn't an auto-buy for me anymore.
>>
>>69594528
you might have had an even a small inkling that this wasn't gonna be the next BTI if you had actually just listened to redbone/me and your mama before its release or read anything about it. no sympathy for your disappoint learn some self responsibility, millennial
>>
Favorite: Terrified
Worst: California

I actually enjoy the album a lot.
>>
California is GOAT. Fuck y'all.
>>
>>69595414
geez calm down guy you can have your own opinion
>>
Love the solo on "The Night Me and Your Mama Met."
>>
>>69592190
It's a meme. Only good song in the album is California
>>
>>69592190
>Childish Gambino album

What do you think?
>>
>>69594528
>There should have been a disclaimer when I went to buy it: "Warning!!! This is nothing like BtI, Camp or Kauai.

The first two singles were basically the disclaimer. Your dumbass chose to stay away from them. No one's fault but your own.
>>
>>69589157
album art looks like a fucking baby bonnet on some dumb nig and I refuse to listen
>>
File: nofun.jpg (59KB, 448x473px) Image search: [Google]
nofun.jpg
59KB, 448x473px
>>69597598
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.