[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was he the original lewronggenerationer?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: Ray_Davies.jpg (75KB, 1024x684px) Image search: [Google]
Ray_Davies.jpg
75KB, 1024x684px
Was he the original lewronggenerationer?
>>
more like the perfect generation

he changed the face of pop music and use of guitars forever. just as influential as all the big names.
>>
>>69589018
also he was cute
>>
>>69588833
Pretty much, but he was really good too, so who cares?
Also, Kinks > Beatles
>>
>>69588833
hell be fine
>>
>music dominated with cheery pop and club beat
>suddenly this out of nowhere

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTTsY-oz6Go

Based Ray.
>>
lel
>>
>>69589018
>he changed the face of pop music and use of guitars forever.

In what way?
>>
Who is that?
>>
>>69591653
the kinks were the first band to use distortion and fast rhythmic guitar. so ray davies basically made punk rock
>>
>>69591653
Is this bait? It's common knowledge that The Kinks have had a massive influence on rock music. You Really Got Me was one of the first songs to heavily use distortion. With that one song they paved the way for most forms of punk/alternative rock.
>>
>>69591708
>>69591737

What did it do that Rumble didn't do first?
>>
>>69588833
You aren't making any Goddamn sense. Ray was an innovator who looked forward. The first lewronggenerationer would be a nostalgic artist who copied all artists instead of doing something new.
>>
File: limewire.jpg (20KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
limewire.jpg
20KB, 500x375px
>the_kinks_what_I_like_about_you.mp3.exe
>>
>>69591802
>all artists
*old artists
>>
>>69589047
many Kinks' songs are full of homosexual themes if you look carefully
>>
>>69591766
be a #1 hit and launch a new era of popular music?
>>69590227
>>
>>69591893

The fuck kind of answer is that? I asked a very specific question and you gave a meaningless vague answer.
>>
>>69591766
Rumble was great and innovative but it got swept under the rug, You Really Got Me ended up being a massive hit that influenced countless bands.
>>
>>69591920
I answered your question perfectly, the kinks made an iconic chart topper and link wray didn't

you're severely underrating the kinks' role in this just because they didn't "invent the concept of distortion". they were innovators, superb musicians and songwriters. that's why You Really Got Me is so important

understand? or are you going to get angry like a baby again?
>>
>>69592018
>they were innovators, superb musicians and songwriters

But this is all vague and meaningless.

The reason I'm questioning is I've seen about a million bands credited with "pretty much inventing punk" and I don't see how this one is a better answer than Rumble or the Kingsman or any number of fratty garage bands that early punk bands cite before this Kinks single.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.