[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

favorite album of 2016 so far?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

File: 4_Your_Eyes_Only.jpg (11KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
4_Your_Eyes_Only.jpg
11KB, 220x220px
favorite album of 2016 so far?
>>
>>69585223
not that pleb
>>
>>69585223
Kek
>>
>>69585223
have you not listened to anything else in 2016?

even metallica is better than this shit.
>>
>>69586651
Why does everyone hate this its really good, the only people in my school that dont like it are the stupid ones
>>
>>69586760
all hip-hop is garbage for plebs and children

https://youtu.be/PXg06uQhu8M
>>
>>69586760
It's got some decent tracks tbqh but the mid section of the album is so so boring

first 3 tracks and the last 2 tracks are good (bordering really good) - the rest are forgettable and worthless imho
>>
I liked 3 tracks from it, other than that it felt really lame. Especially compared to Untitled Unmastered.
>>
>>69586760
>Everyone at my school likes it
And? A bunch of teenagers like someone popular, that's nothing new.

>The only people that don't are stupid
Nice logic

People like him because he's "woke" and raps about "real shit".
>>
Painting with or Malibu
with coloring book a solid 3rd
>>
>/mu/ sees through the #woke smoke and mirrors of j cole
pleasantly surprised, basically 0 defeners on here
>>
>>69586804
That's a stupid opinion, most people that say that, haven't even listened to good hip-hop, I used to think like you till I listened to MF DOOM or ATCQ.
>>
>>69587174
check >>69577850
>>
>>69587174
explain this 'you got games on your phone?' meme pls
>>
Too many bruh.
>>
>>69588378
It's a phrase that kids ask you when you whip out your phone because they wanna play games on your phone, and likely don't have one of their own. The guy is saying that J Cole is dressing like a kid now.
>>
File: 2016.jpg (786KB, 1089x635px) Image search: [Google]
2016.jpg
786KB, 1089x635px
>>69588811
We have plenty in common
>>
>>69587174
People just realised he is barely above average. His recent released suffered hard from samey sound and only a few of the songs were half decent.
>>
File: fa7ho.jpg (15KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
fa7ho.jpg
15KB, 413x395px
>>69588811

>TLOP
>AOTY contender

I'm a ye stan but come on
>>
>>69586760
>people at my school
>>
>>69589758
The production alone in the re-release is a great reason as to why it deserves to be there. The highs and lows of the chorus sections are amazing in it's own right. The fact that there are soo many subtle sounds throughout the album give it character.

Personally, I enjoyed this albums a lot. It isn't objectively an outstanding or perfect album, but it is a good representation and starting point into where music should go to be expanded upon within the genre. At least for my tastes.
>>
>>69589860
so many shitty and just mediocre tracks
>>
>>69589922
While I agree, the ones that were good were outstanding and did make the album up for me. If anything, in my list it is the least worthy of being up there, but I still feel I enjoyed it enough that it should be somewhere in the top.
>>
>>69589860
>it is a good representation and starting point into where music should go to be expanded upon within the genre
How so? It looks like you haven't listened to much hip hop, from this year at least, so what makes you say that?
>>
>>69589860
I liked it too. Ultralight Beam, Famous, Saint Pablo are great tracks. It's just not a good *album* in the way his other ones are
>>
>>69590032
Choir sounds and subtle sounds from genres outside of funk, hiphop and jazz. Trust me, I have listened to a lot of hiphop this year, that doesnt validate my opinion, but I would love more hiphop with soulful mixes and a larger presence of gospel sounds.

>>69590202
Well of course, I subjectively think it is a contender, objectively speaking however, you could argue that it isn't on the calibar of something like Danny, Tribe and such.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.