[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stage fright

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 5253723308_8cb99c48a5_m.jpg (30KB, 240x161px) Image search: [Google]
5253723308_8cb99c48a5_m.jpg
30KB, 240x161px
Fairly simple question, how did you overcome your fear of performing in public?

Is the first time always the worst? Does it have to be?
>>
>>69581079
xanax
>>
>>69581079
Did you buy the Soichiro VOD? : ^)
>>
>>69581079
you do it and it gets easier.
in reality you don't even have to be nervous the first time it's all in your head buddy.
>>
>>69581079
Prison, when the guards made me and the other manlets fight each other so they could gamble on it.
>>
>had to get naked in front of a Juvie guard @ age 13 for a strip search weekly

>went to 4 different high schools and had to do 5+ presentations at all of them

Just those two things alone helped me get over my stage fright.
>>
>preperation
>knowing that adrenaline will kick in
>beer or two

I still get nervous after years of performing, it's natural. But it does get easier to control.
>>
picture the audience in your underwear
>>
Open mic.
Don't stop when you fuck up, though.
>>
>>69581079
On the day of performing:
Practice beforehand so you know you're not underprepared. Don't practice to exhaustion, or even halfway to exhaustion. Once you're warmed up, grab a drink of water and watch some Jontron or whatever (that's my goto for this specific purpose, for some reason).

>Is the first time always the worst? Does it have to be?
I've been playing since I was quite young, so I'm probably slightly different. but I've never had much issue with stage fright. But just this last Tuesday I had probably the worst stage fright I've ever had in my life.
>>
>>69581857
>But just this last Tuesday I had probably the worst stage fright I've ever had in my life.
You could explain that, rather vague and intriguing.
>>
>>69581351
Oak City nigga, of course.
>>
>>69581351
Check out the new edit with montre/g.hazel. We just got back from woodward Sunday, it's a good'un. Jimmy and Cameron slayed as well.
>>
>>69582747
I can't, though
I have no idea where it came from. It came out of nowhere, thankfully while I was alone in the practice room, an hour before the performance. It didn't really go away until I meekly bowed and left the stage, but it was really at its worst in the practice room.

Actually, it might have been being alone in the practice room that caused it, since in there the only ones judging my playing were me and this recording of Mischa Maisky.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWyrxAZCOhA

Also, since stage fright has never been much of an issue for me, "the worst stage fright in my life" is probably pretty minor
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.