[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

RYM Likes Jenny Death more than NOTM

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: The_Powers_That_B_cover_art.jpg (48KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
The_Powers_That_B_cover_art.jpg
48KB, 300x300px
Reminder that RYM is mostly plebeians and teenagers. Most Powers that B reviews are along the lines:
>NOTM=0.5/5 worst DG release
>Jenny Death the pinnacle of DG
Which if one holds as their subjective truth, makes them objectively garbage at music appreciation.

Only useful for charts and the collection of actual music critic reviews. Reading most ratings will give the /mu/tant cancer.

If NOTM is not in your top 2 DG releases you are plebeian scum.
>>
>>69581004
I've noticed that /mu/ has been lacking it's characteristic autism, thought I'd inject some back into the board.
>>
>>69581004
Jenny Death and niggas on the moon are my two favourite DG albums
>>
>>69581004
NOTM is very overrated
The praise it gets on this board just shows how many Fantano drones there are here
>>
Exmil>NOTM>MS>NLDW>JD=BP>GP>FW
GP is a 7/10
>>
I seriously, honestly don't get the praise for JD. On GP is an amazing song, one of the best they've ever done but everything else is pretty average. It surely must have something to do with the insane amount of hype and anticipation the album had.
>>
>>69581076
It's definitely not garbage though
Fuck Me out and Voila are understandably dislikable. In the context of their previous releases the change in tone found in NOTM was a welcome surprise to most fans.
>>
NLDW will forever be my favorite, the whole album is a masterpiece. NOTM and GP are great too but they're like half-albums.
>>
>>69581076
>Fantano
Fantano has never especially sung NOTM's praises and basically has no opinions on it other than not even liking Black Quarterback (pure pleb). So this is a particularly bad attempt at dismissing the praise for NOTM.
>>
>>69581144

Fuck me out is one of my favorite songs off of NOTM. I love the unsettling atmosphere and the Björk spazz-out during the chorus.
>>
>>69581154
that's fair, but I just don't understand why /mu/ likes it so much. it's different from their other albums for sure, but overall it's really nothing special
>>
>>69581143
Inanimate sensation and centuries of damn are also good, the rest is kind of eh.
>>
>>69581180
I'll be clear and say I liked every song on NOTM very much. But wouldn't hold it against someone for not liking the post Have a Sad Cum BB songs.

>>69581191
It's special because it was different by being a more "chill" and less "blatantly aggressive" album that still stayed in the DG headspace.
>>
NLDW > TMS > Exmil > JD > NOTM > BP

They peaked in 2012 and I appreciated the direction Jenny Death was going in but it still didn't live up to their other albums. All are still great albums, except for Bottomless Pit, which is okay.
>>
>>69581293
>>69581180
Wait nm, upon relistening to them Fuck me Out and Voila are dope
>>
>>69581076
>overrated
you don't know what you are talking about.
Everyone dislikes this record and that fat cunt never gave this individual record a score
>>
>>69581144
People forget that the whole reason there was jenny death when hype was because NOTM was so good
If it was shit there wouldn't have been as much interest
>>
>>69581293
>chill
have you heard the record?
>>
Fellas on the Moon is bad
>>
Jenny Death literally sounds like Limp Bizkit. It's fucking shit.
>>
notm is probably my favorite dg release, but you gotta appreciate jd as well. it's so heavy and the lyrics are awesome. i feel like it's the sound i had been waiting for from them.

>my life has a face without eyes, look away, lookawaylookaway. no reply beyond alive
>>
>>69581144
There is nothing to dislike about Voila, that is one of their best tracks ever. Why would you hate that track as a hardcore fan? It features probably the most complex drum pattern on any track they've ever done, Zach's work is god tier on it. Song has at least 3 different time signature and it works incredibly well.
>>
Jenny Death vs. NotM is a really splitting debate and both sides seem to make equally retarded arguments as to why the other is bad
>>
if you like DG at all, you're a pleb
>>
File: 1372267513483.jpg (10KB, 320x287px) Image search: [Google]
1372267513483.jpg
10KB, 320x287px
imagine caring about RYM this much
>>
>>69581147
How is GP a "half-album"?
>>
>>69581143
The release strategy was just genius is all. They start it off by releasing NOTM and announcing that it is part of a double album with the 2nd half coming later. Then they "break-up" which suddenly makes fans question whether they'll ever get the album or not.

So everyone is just eagerly waiting, couple this with the fact that NOTM was their craziest release yet, by far, so it was impossible to really know what to expect out of it. Months go by with fans left in the dark not knowing what to believe, then they triumphantly return with "Inanimate Sensation" which has backing vocals which are literally imitating a race car, acceleration and hype hit peak levels. People still aren't sure we're ever getting Jenny Death or if it even exists and people are still mourning the death of the band, awaiting that final release and just as that happens they drop "On GP" the most emotionally revealing track to date, with the band members hunched over in the recording studio, defeated. Everyone was ready for finality.

It was a perfect release, and I'm glad I was part of it. Bottomless Pit release didn't have 1/10th of that hype. I think for their next release it'd be better if they just dropped the thing out of nowhere.
>>
>It's almost 2017 and people still consider NOTM and JD separate albums instead of two aspects of one piece
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.