[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys, honest question here. Is this album really that good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 4

Hey guys, honest question here. Is this album really that good? I haven't listened to it, but I've seen it as number 1 on almost all lists (I know, who cares about this lists right?).

What's your opinion on it?
>>
very average
>>
It's not terrible, but those publications putting it at the top of their year end lists aren't putting it there because of the music.
>>
>>69579062
this
same about blackstar
>>
Absolutely not and the song Formation is basically objectively bad.
>>
Why do you think publications are putting it on top? I mean, is it really a better album than Blackstar, Nick Cave's, etc?
>>
>>69579094
>the song Formation is basically objectively bad
how so?
>>
>>69579062
Anyone with a year end list right now is confirmed retarded since new Krallice song dropped Thursday and albums out the 21st
>>
Maybe 2 decent songs, all the rest are forgettable - it's mediocre
>>
>>69579048
It's a bit better than your average top 40 record, but that isn't saying much
>>
>>69579084
No, no way. Blackstar is absolutely amazing and it would be my aoty regardless of if it was made by Bowie or not.
I don't even like Bowie's other stuff that much
>>
/mu/ will never like her
this album is basically 8/10
>>
>>69579048
it's not good at all
>>
>>69579138
how's lemonade not absolutely amazing?
>>
the worst thing about this release was the press response

beyonce is racist on this record (she implies that black women have a hard time because black men like to cheat)
the press response was: 'as a white person i am absolutely unqualified to comment because i have no idea of how difficult it must be to be a black woman'

yeah, nice, propping up her racism while pretending to be liberal

great fucking job
>>
>>69579101
It's literal boing-core. Wtf is that sound through literally 95% of the song? An out of tune guitar with a broken bridge run through a delay? If that songs not objectively bad what is? It is beyond debate and literal fact that the intention and execution of the song is to be intentionally discordant. The only question is if it was successful in working within a context so that the inherent failure of discordance translates to success.
>>
File: 17.50.56.png (244KB, 1435x625px) Image search: [Google]
17.50.56.png
244KB, 1435x625px
why?
>>
>>69579138
>Blackstar is absolutely amazing
lol
>>
>>69579048
find out for yourself if you're curious

no one here is going to say anything insightful about it
>>
>>69579182
TLOP has two times more, but i feel like im the only one who ever talkes about it on this board
>>
>>69579171
Idk haven't listened to Lemonade yet anyway.
>>
>>69579173
>implies black women have a hard time because black men like to cheat

It literally never generalizes to that degree tho?
>>
>>69579182
Why not? Too much talent in one album for you, pleb?
>>
>>69579188
Boing-core is solid
>>
>>69579182
She's listed on every song
>>
>>69579176
the fact that you sayed that this song is objectively bad and yet telling your subjective opinion now makes you an objective retard
>>
>>69579227
So she was in the same room as eveyrone else? That's cool i guess.
>>
>>69579228
They were saying this in a thread yesterday and just went on and on. Don't waste your time anon.
>>
>>69579211
it kind of does, if you take her inclusion of that malcolm x quote as an endorsement

and the press were paralysed by it
go and read all the think pieces and think about it from this angle, you'll see i'm right

the whole thing was laced with uncomfortable assumptions
>>
>>69579228
Actually I don't believe I stated a single solitary opinion. It is a literal fact that this song is discordant.
>>
File: 1480445144131.jpg (14KB, 342x344px) Image search: [Google]
1480445144131.jpg
14KB, 342x344px
>>69579228
the average logic of a beyonce fan
>>
>>69579062
/thread

It's better than not terrible but yeah
>>
>>69579188
I probably will, is just that desu I haven't listened to a whole Beyoncé album in my life. I've tried but they always bore me. I like some of her songs, but complete albums feel like a chore to listen to.
>>
>>69579182
She's spreading the wealth :)
>>
>>69579320
then don't? you don't have to want to listen to it, but if you want to know if it's good, asking /mu/ isn't really a good surrogate for listening to it.
>>
>>69579187
yeah anon you showed him, wtf I hate blackstar now.
>>
>>69579342
>>69579320
Just see the RYM reviews
>>
>>69579098
Because she's wearing cornrows on the cover
>>
>>69579062
The upside of Trump winning is you'll never have to take poptimism even remotely seriously ever again. That sort of liberal cultural politics failed in the most humiliating way possible and crashed burning into the ground. In hindsight it was bizarre, Middle aged white dudes in frame glasses self righteously posturing about commercial dance pop music. We may all end up in front of a firing squad of Pepe Brownshirts, but at least we will never have to pretend we give a shit about Queen Bey.
>>
>>69579431
>this is the state of america right now
>>
>>69579431
it's absurd to worship a multimillion dollar popstar brand as a of revolutionary icon. Beyonce released a cover of 'America the beautiful' to cash in Bin Laden's death, she supported uberhawk Hillary for godsake. The entertainment industry won't save you. Consumption is not a substitute for politics. Kanye West was not the second coming of Christ nor Malcolm X pt. II, he is just a severely unbalanced person who went over the edge because you insisted in making him out to be something he was not.
>>
>>69579048
No. It's pretty bad. Beyonce doesn't write any of her own music. She just "sings" generic empowerment verses for the music jew.
>>
>>69579048
it's an above average mainstream pop album with slick production and uneven songwriting. Liberal media people, however love symbolic pop culture moral victories, they won't let this one get away. It's been a hard year for them, they have been pretty much exposed as powerless and irrelevant.
>>
>>69579864
You mean because trump won?
>>
>>69579988
yeah, and I hate Trump and everything he stands for. The bien pensant white people media class deserve their share of the blame, by letting our culture become so stupid, they paved the way for Trump.
>Who makes the nazis? Bad Tele-V?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLsqmEc8l0I
>>
>>69579138
>I don't like Bowie but I like blackstar
>Implying blackstar is better than Low or Station to Station
>>
File: 1474052997471.jpg (57KB, 590x665px) Image search: [Google]
1474052997471.jpg
57KB, 590x665px
>>69579062
This, but it actually is terrible

>>69579115
Except the new song wasn't great and the album cover looks terrible anyway so no wonder nobody is hyped

>>69580044
Hey buddy, how's it feel knowing we won? Feels pretty great on my end, in case you were wondering
>>
>>69580186
>how's it feel knowing we won?
In the end, we all lose.
>>
>>69580211
damn...
>>
>>69579320
>I like some of her songs, but complete albums feel like a chore to listen to.
This is me for the rest of her discography and I was pleasantly surprised with it, There's a decent amount of sonic diversity and at 12 tracks there's not a ton of fat to it.
>>
Why is Beyoncé considered empowered when she stuck by her man who cheated on her?

Wouldn't empowerment be saying fuck you and making it on her own?
>>
>>69580211
Literally shaking right now man...
>>
>>69580550
We don't even know if 'Jay Z' actually 'cheated' on 'Beyoncé' the celebrity drama might have as well been part of the albums viral marketing campaign. The viral marketing is the true artwork, the album is just an accessory to it
>>
>>69580618
I envy your innocence. Alt right pepe losers don't mind immolating themselves as long as they get to spite le eternal sjw. It's all about spite for you. The liberals don't want to win either, they want to be martyrs who where too pure for this world. the harder they lose, the more self righteous they feel. they both feed into each other
>>
>>69580739
>dismissing everything as viral marketing
Honestly if anyone didn't need viral marketing it's Beyonce. She's been one of the biggest pop acts for over 15 years and anything she releases would be talked to death even if it didn't inspire gossip based on the lyrics
>>
>>69579227
Yeah, but come on...
>>
>>69581346
we leave in 2016 hyperreal simulacrum fuckscape. nothing is real everything is viral marketing
>>
I got tricked into listening to the last one. Boring pop songs with sampled spoken word segments in between songs to give the album an appearance of seriousness and depth that the music did not earn.
>>
>>69579138

What do you like about Blackstar musically? What impresses you about it? What makes it better than many of the other noteworthy albums released this year, or this decade in general?
>>
yes, the album is amazing and my most played of the year. only a few songs that aren't standouts. don't hurt yourself, 6 inch, pray you catch me, sorry, >>>
this album is amazing
>>
>>69579171
most of the music isn't attractive enough to relisten apart from maybe Hold Up, Freedom and All Night.
> I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.