[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FJM

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: fatherJohnMisty.jpg (216KB, 1440x720px) Image search: [Google]
fatherJohnMisty.jpg
216KB, 1440x720px
What does /mu/ think of Father John Misty?
>>
>>69564541
A lot of /mu/ thinks he's a pretentious ass hat with "reddit-tier" lyrics.

But I love him. I Went to the Store One Day is magical.
>>
File: download (1).jpg (5KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
5KB, 275x183px
Fear Fun [Sub Pop, 2012]
Right, he has played and may yet again play drums in Fleet Foxes, whose beat means so much to us all. But that's not the good part, for goodness sake. The good part is that, under the influence of organic psychedelics and the American road, he figured out how to deploy words, as in the deathless couplet: "And I'm writing a novel! Because it's never been done before!" Whereupon, presumably, he also figured out that novels were a losing proposition. And though he dumbs up his songwriting half the time by fearing fun literally as regards forward motion, don't give up. Beyond "I'm Writing a Novel" itself, the four best tracks are the four last tracks, where he picks up the tempo and looks fun in the eye. He could use a more outgoing drummer, though. B+
I Love You, Honeybear [Sub Pop, 2015]
Whether the character of the conflicted lifemate is the "real" Josh Tillman, as we are assured, or a subtle fictionalization, as is my default assumption, quality time is not much in him ("I Love You Honeybear," "Strange Encounters") ***
>>
>>69564541
His music's decent enough but his personality (or his character) really get on my wick. Plus he was a dickhead to Radcliffe and Maconie, which is unforgivable in my book.
>>
Found him because of his work in Fleet Foxes

I Love You, Honeybear warrants a few listens I think. He's a asshat and he knows it, the level of self depreciation couples well with his "no bullshit, just love" lyrical style on that album.
>>
File: anotomy of a dingo.jpg (29KB, 552x424px) Image search: [Google]
anotomy of a dingo.jpg
29KB, 552x424px
I loved his first album. New one is shit. He stopped be a modest asshat with a lot to say to being a loud asshat with a lot to say and it's not very endearing for the type of music he makes. Basically he's fucking annoying.
>>
>>69564662
What do you mean? He attacks himself on ILYHB moreso than on his first album

I used to hate that album too, but I gave a few more listens and it clicked.
>>
>>69564685
Hm well I'll try it again. I don't think it was necessarily the lyrics as much as the presentation. I haven't really given it a chance for that reason.
>>
>>69564662
What the fuck are you talking about?

Are you sure you don't just hate him because he's a "hipster"?
>>
>>69564703
No way dude. Don't get me wrong I'm not fronting as a music critic and usually I just lurk. No real reason for opening my stupid mouth when I don't even remember the album, just remember not vibing with it at all and forgetting about it. I found out about him from the podcast Duncan Trussell Family Hour and I knew full well he could be labelled a "hipster" but I'm from Portland so I've learned better than to throw that term around as an insult. I'm not immediately scared because someone is different.

Fuck I wrote too much and revealed too much about my psyche here. Sorry bout that.
>>
>>69564873
I don't fault you for it, it's a message board. Discussion is what this is for.

I'll be honest, I thought ILYHB was a little too "country" for my tastes at first but it's the best Americana album I've heard in a long time. The lyrics resonate with me because I'm a self-depreciating sorry sap myself, so I can see why his music might annoy some. However, the lyrics coupled with the arrangements he creates are astounding on that album.

I Went to The Store One Day is the perfect closer for it. Couldn't have been in a better track order.
>>
represents the post psuedo hipster post ironic

recent album was good tho
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.