[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me on the flute, /mu/.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: Flute_with_musicial_notes.jpg (21KB, 280x203px) Image search: [Google]
Flute_with_musicial_notes.jpg
21KB, 280x203px
Redpill me on the flute, /mu/.
>>
It is a good instrument. Not the best woodwind instrument, but certainly a good one.
>>
>>69562870
Not as good as the skin flute
>>
>>69562870
The grips are similar to a saxophone, so if you learn to play one moving on to the other is comparatively easier.
>>
I've played the clarinet for many years, and I've always wanted to play the flute.

I recently got one, and was messing around with while following some video tutorials.

I can't seem to get the embouchure right. I can make notes, but the sound is too airy and I run out of breath too quickly.

Does anyone have any tips? Any good resources for self-learning?
>>
I want to either get a flute or a Trumpet. Is it fairly easy getting use to playing it?
>>
>>69562870
Freddy the great one of the manliest men ever played the flute.
>>
people on /mu/ dont play instruments
>>
>>69564097
Wind/brass instruments are notoriously the hardest to play.
>>
>>69562984
running out of breath too easily is what is supposed to happen as a beginner
its not your embouchure, its because you're not used to the lack of resistance
as for the airiness
ehh
>>
>>69564097
It might take you years to get a decent tone out of a brass instrument...
there's nothing worse than amateur brass players
other than amateur violin players
>>
>>69564953
Stand corrected

Fast paced violin ala country/folk is musicianship at its finest. In fact I have a friend who is a session violinist and she makes a fortune
>>
>>69562984
The hole you're making with your lips is probably too big, try to make the aperture smaller and it'll focus your sound a lot and save your breath.
>>
>>69564936
>as for the airiness
>ehh
What do you mean? I know my description was vague. Is a flute supposed to sound so "breathy" when you hear it from so close?

>>69565221
Duly noted; I've been trying this.
>>
File: Ian-Anderson-614x400.jpg (61KB, 614x400px) Image search: [Google]
Ian-Anderson-614x400.jpg
61KB, 614x400px
Someone say flute?
>>
>>69565395
A flute god
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.