[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/powerpop/ General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

File: Pete Townshend.jpg (125KB, 430x750px) Image search: [Google]
Pete Townshend.jpg
125KB, 430x750px
>"Power pop is what we play—what the Small Faces used to play, and the kind of pop the Beach Boys played in the days of 'Fun, Fun, Fun' which I preferred." - Pete Townshend
When did you realise this is the greatest sub-genre of Rock music?
>>
File: BCT - 3.jpg (225KB, 1303x864px) Image search: [Google]
BCT - 3.jpg
225KB, 1303x864px
I love Steve Marriot, never ever gets mentioned here.
>>
>>69562703
The Small Faces are really overlooked. They get written off as a second-rate Who, but even if that were the case being a close second to one of the GOATs makes them a great band in their own right.
>>
>>69562796
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14ViwvgtvbA

Well Paul Weller modeled himself on them, who went on to influence then entirety of new wave and indie rock. The Small Faces and hugely important

He died too young F
>>
>>69562842
*the *are

Goddamn it's late.
>>
>>69562675
Thats an odd rick. I don't think I've ever seen one before with the traditional shaped F-Hole.
>>
>>69562956
Early model I guess.

I don't think even the Beatles played 330s.
>>
>>69562956
The Rose Morris imports had traditional f-holes.
>>
>>69563061
I'm pretty sure George had a 330 lad

>>69563084
The more you know I guess. Can't say I'm a fan though. I like the more common "wave" style
>>
If you liked The Who from the 1960s............
>>
>>69564479
The Jam were the best Pop Rock band of the late 1970s/early 1980s
>>
>>69564479
What the fuck happened with The Gift?
>>
Good punk w/powerpop sensibilities.
>>
File: Undertones Album.jpg (12KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
Undertones Album.jpg
12KB, 220x220px
>>69564534
On a similar note...
>>
>>69564519
Oh you mean when Paul Weller locked himself inside his bedroom with a stack of old Motown and Stax albums and decided to change the name of the band to The Style Council?
>>
>>69564479
You know I saw "From the Jam" a few years ago. Obviously wasn't the same but Bruce Foxton is an incredibly underrated bassist.

Forget classic punk 4 root note bashing he was incredible.
>>
>>69564563
Ireland's answer to The Buzzcocks.
First album is GOAT!
>>
>>69564563
Fuck yeah dude. Great shit.
>>
>>69564572
I like some of the Style Council stuff, but Weller singing in French, nah

and this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CAzwewVjZ0
>>
>>69564575
Every time they were supposed to play in Chicago they always cancelled due to a "Family emergency".

Saw The Jam twice in the early 80s though.
>>
>>69564627
>Saw The Jam twice in the early 80s though.

Very jealous.

Seen Weller twice solo. Unfortunately it was during his 22 Dreams tour so the setlist wasn't great.
>>
File: The_Knack_press_photo.jpg (11KB, 220x148px) Image search: [Google]
The_Knack_press_photo.jpg
11KB, 220x148px
First for good ol US power pop
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.