[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Meme or masterstroke?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: Folder.jpg (491KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Folder.jpg
491KB, 1500x1500px
Meme or masterstroke?
>>
>>69561709
The latter
>>
not-as-good-as-liturgy-core
>>
It's actually really good but I hate the wave of trendhopping, Vice-reading, kombucha drinking, Doc Martin wearing, undercut sporting fuckheads who say it's the best thing ever
>>
>>69561739
Not a fair comparison

But true >:^)
>>
come on, this is really not interesting enough to talk that much about
>>
complete meme, disregard anyone who claims to be "into" black metal and likes this album. there's literally 1(one) good blackgays artist and its Neige
>>
it's a pretty good album.

it's not as much of perfect piece of work as people think it is, but there are some fantastic moments on the album. Really solid bridge between post rock and metal.
>>
>>69561796
wrong, it's cold body radiation
neige is a basic-ass bitch when it comes to songwriting
>>
>>69561844
but neige a cute
>>
File: FB_IMG_1481315547742.jpg (484KB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1481315547742.jpg
484KB, 2048x2048px
>>69561865
Yeah but he likes Grimes
I had to burn all my Alcest records after seeing this
>>
It's good, but I'd like it a lot more without the screaming.

Perhaps they could give the double kick pedal a rest, as well
>>
>>69561910
varg likes faggy post-punk and fenriz likes shitty thrash pizza. I can't fault niege for liking her, she attracts a large lgbt audience I hear
>>
It's unironically pretty good, I really don't want this album to become a meme because it doesn't deserve it
>>
>>69561957
its been a meme since faggots here picked it up
>>
PewdiePie is wearing a Deafheaven shirt on the livestream, so it just jumped to meme.
>>
>>69561957
The album is over 3 years old and has already been memed to fuck. These days the memery has died down though and most people seem to recognize it as the great album it is.
>>
>screamo

you guys 12?
>>
>>69561709

A memestroke.
>>
It's a meme, but it's a very good meme.
>>
>>69562009
Pewdiepie no doubt browses /fa/ and /mu/ now.
>>
>>69562044
this is a skramz album, no doubt, and a bad one at that
>>
Definitely enjoyable but got too much hype for the wrong reasons. Love how much this band and liturgy piss off trve metal dudes. I've liked metal for so long now but I love a lot of the stuff that gets labeled "hipster"
>>
File: SUNBATHER PIECE OF SHIT.jpg (12KB, 364x118px) Image search: [Google]
SUNBATHER PIECE OF SHIT.jpg
12KB, 364x118px
FUCK SUNBATHER

>>69561943
>varg likes faggy post-punk
LITERALLY NO
>>
Its just wicked screamo.
>>
memestroke
that's when you jack off to rebecca black
>>
Well if you approach this disc with the correct expectation which is; what if Caspian had a black metal vocalist... then you would realize this album is trash.

The successful aspect of this release is only the graphic design, and if swallow the sun re-released Hope with this album cover, it would go platinum
>>
>>69561709
It's great because you don't have to like the genre to like the music. Not a 10/10 masterpiece or anything, but I think it's a top 20-30 album of the decade so far.
>>
People who want to claim it's a true black metal album are pretty dumb.
But people who get caught up on how it's not a true black metal album are also dumb.
I really enjoy it. If others don't that's totally reasonable but if the reason is just because it's not "black metal" enough you're a tard.
>>
I like the album on it's own a whole lot. I don't give a shit about genre labelling.
>>
>>69561943
Yea, I saw her last year.. meh.
Saw Dafheaven too, too bad Envy blew them out of the water.
>>
>>69564532
Lol
t.delusional butt blasted metal fag
>>
>>69561910
This is the most autistic thing I've read in 2016
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.