[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

opinions?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 6

File: 2016.jpg (755KB, 1277x1508px) Image search: [Google]
2016.jpg
755KB, 1277x1508px
opinions?
>>
Dear reader, we would like to take this opportunity to inform you on a regrettable subculture which has been forming on our beloved /mu/.

>WHAT IS THEIR NAME?

Poseurs.

>WHAT IS THEIR DEAL?

Poseurs are people who go out of their way to cultivate an image of being interesting, by and large through doing their best to cultivate a "sophisticated" music taste.
HOWEVER, as these people have no self-sufficiency of their own, or any knowledge or familiarity with music beyond the pop sphere presented on sites such as Pitchfork, the best they can do to cultivate that image is to go on RateYourMusic and sheepishly drone the top-rated albums of whatever niche genre they think will bring them the most "patrician" or "underground" or "sophisticated" credibility.

IF you were to question them on the merit an album they claim to be a favorite, they would not be able to provide any substantial opinion or judgment regarding it(only empty buzzwords which they regurgitate without ever giving any thought to what they mean or how they relate to that artist) as in reality they have none of the knowledge which would help them to properly evaluate it.
The vast majority of them don't know music theory or have any sort of education(whether through personal exploration or professional education) on music/art history and have no familiarity with the origins, backgrounds and histories of their "favorite" genres, albums and artists. Their education begins and ends with RYM pages and lists and /mu/ chart thread images.

More effort goes into building up the perfect "patrician" RYM profile and curve using the perfect combination of albums and ratings than into actually trying to understand and genuinely appreciate what they are hearing.

This utter dilettantism and ignorance, however, does not prevent them from nurturing severe superiority complexes which serve as fuel for regular mockery, ridicule and debasement of the rest of this fine board's residents.
>>
>>69560611
>BUT WHAT DO POSEURS ACTUALLY (CLAIM TO) LISTEN TO?

Presented in the OP is a brief introduction to the wild world of poseurcore. It is not an attempt at making a statement regarding the quality of the music produced by those artists. It is not the only music which poseurs listen to. It's just a quick rundown. If you wish, you can also take note of this somewhat more expansive text list of poseurcore favorites.

Merzbow, Boredoms, Gerogerigegege, Coil, Throbbing Gristle, Whitehouse, Nurse with Wound, Einstürzende Neubauten, Brainbombs, Egor Letov, Death in June, Current 93, La Monte Young, Moondog, Lou Harrison, Henry Cowell, Luigi Russolo, Popol Vuh, Fishmans, Jean Jacques Perrey, Les Rallizes Dénudés, Rainbow Caroliner, Taj Mahal Travellers, Fushitsusha, Peter Brötzmann, John Cage, Scott Walker, Unwound, Dead, Frank Zappa, Morton Feldman, Captain Beefheart, Pharoah Sanders, Albert Ayler, Ornette Coleman, Alice Coltrane, Arnold Schoenberg, Pierre Boulez, György Ligeti, Karlheinz Stockhausen, Nang Nang, Thinking Fellers Union Local 282, Nara Leão, Basic Channel, Raymond Scott, Delia Derbyshire, Daphne Oram, Noah Howard, Terry Riley, Peter Sotos, Lula Côrtes e Zé Ramalho, Boyd Rice, Mahmoud Ahmed, Henry Flynt, Kazumoto Endo, David Tudor, Aporea, Half Japanese, Mega Banton, Secret Chiefs 3, Keiji Haino, Ramleh, Otomo Yoshihide, John Zorn, Joe Meek, Robbie Basho, Phil Spector, Faxed Head, Harry Partch, Wesley Willis, Fred Frith, The Residents, Sun Ra, Sun City Girls, Hans Krüsi, Royal Trux, Jandek, Yat-Kha, Loren Mazzacane Connors, Pärson Sound, The Dead C, Comus, Cromagnon, Eliane Radigue, Arthur Doyle, Shizuka, The Red Krayola, Henry Cow, Magma, Opus Avantra, Pan.Thy.Monium., Murmuüre, Ksiezyc, Gong, Cukor Bila Smert', cLOUDDEAD, Muslimgauze and Kaoru Abe
>>
>still no liturgy
>still no ismfof
>still no fleet foxes
REPRESENT
>>
>>69560660
>WHAT ABOUT GENRES?

Genres popular among poseurs include, among others: jazz and its variants, industrial music, noise and its variants, "world music" and its variants, non-dance-oriented electronic music and its variants, "smart pop" music, "experimental" music in general.

>WHY SHOULD I CARE?

Because poseurs make this board a more toxic and uninviting place.
Because they fuel tension and antagonism.
Because their use of music as an ego-building tool sets a bad example.
Because, ultimately, their mentalities regarding music, art and their fellow man are just no good.

>IS THERE A SPECIFIC PLACE ON /MU/ WHERE POSEURS CONGREGATE?

Yes. The hottest beds of poseur activity on /mu/ are the /RYM/, /daily/ and Top 100 album chart general threads.
Take note of the mentalities with which music is approached in these threads and you are bound to find even more repulsive details than have been exposed in this thread.

Lesser quantities of poseurs can also be found in threads such as the Last.fm threads and the 3x3 Last.fm collage threads. These are a more benign and inconsequential variety of poseur, but they are poseurs nonetheless.

>Wow, this is some pretty heavy shit to take in. WHAT SHOULD I DO? HOW CAN I HELP PUT A STOP TO THIS?

That, friend, is entirely up to you.

This has been an informative thread regarding the subject of POSEURCORE. Thank you for your attention,

- The /mu/ Anti-Poseur Initiative
>>
>>69560603
>98.12.28
>no Halfaxa
>>
>>69560713
this, fishmans are just a more mainstream grimes
>>
people here seem kind of insecure, in every direction
>>
>>69560603
I've listened to albums from the previous version of this meme and I liked some of them
Am I a poseur?
>>
>>69560603
I literally have only listened to one of these and the one I listened to I hated.

TRY TO GUESS WHICH ONE!
>>
>>69560666
>>69560713
>>69560738
t. fishmans fans
>>
>>69560738
that's not what I meant but whatever
>>
>>69560783
i dont like japanese twentyone pilots
>>
why can't /rym/ infest the board culture and make embryos leave already? the same ten albums getting circlejerked has gotten old
>>
thanks for aggregating so many interesting and exciting artists i've never heard of into one chart.
>>
>>69560603
>Fire! Orchestra
YOU TAKE THAT BACK
>>
>>69560819
no it hasn't
>>
>>69560791
I'm not fishmans fan, I implied that in my opinion it's not that pretentious or inaccessible
and also is this a bad thing to be a fishmans fan?
>>
(you)
>>
>>69560843
go listen to fishmans some more
>>
File: advanced music list.jpg (870KB, 1277x1791px) Image search: [Google]
advanced music list.jpg
870KB, 1277x1791px
you people copied my list!
sneaky basterds!
>>
File: front.jpg (58KB, 600x596px) Image search: [Google]
front.jpg
58KB, 600x596px
>>69560603
Add Anthony Braxton.
>>
>>69560603
Fuck off, Montie
>>
>>69560603
fuck am i a poseur if i listen to one album on the chart
>>
>>69560872
i certainy will.
>>
>>69560687
this chart will only turn more people to poseurs
>>
>>69560603
why Black Ships Ate The Sky tho?

you have more poseur shit like I Have a Special Plan for This World and Nature Unveiled
>>
>>69560603
> Jorge Ben Jor
> poseurcore
so anyone who likes musica popular brasileira is a poser, /mu/ you're retards
>>
>>69560893
Please don't, Anthony don't deserve this
>>
>>69560956
Fuck man, just trolling a bit. Although For Alto has usually been in these charts.
>>
File: 1479115881279.jpg (3MB, 1713x2223px) Image search: [Google]
1479115881279.jpg
3MB, 1713x2223px
>>69560936

It's /daily/'s favorite
>>
>>69561020
hows a rainbow in a curved air pouser when it was in fucking gta lol
>>
>>69561020
hey hey hey i like special plan a lot more
>>
>>69560946
anyone from mu
>>
>>69560738
>>69560849
>mainstream grimes
what the
>>
Just listen to what you like, so long as it isnt shit.
>>
>>69560946

Most of /mu/ are white USAians who have no real connection to Brazil or its music and just pretend to like MPB because muh harmonies and falsettos
>>
Anyone who listen to these musics are idiots and this thread proves it
>>
>>69561020
You anti-poseurs faggots are so stupid that had to make another chart that somehow manages to look worse lol
>>
>>69561142
plenty of hues here
source: I'm hue
>>
>>69561020

What's some good condescending Impact text to put in the bottom space?
>>
Quick reminder that if you get triggered by this you are a poseur.

Feel free to enjoy any of this. Hell, I love a lot of these. But if you are so insecure about your faux-advanced taste that a chart on a message board full of virgins triggers you, you're a loser.
>>
>>69561153
>somebody likes music different from mine! oh dear!
>>
Being a poseur isn't about what you listen to, it's how you listen to it. If you're trying to project an image of seasoned or obscure or esoteric taste then kys
>>
>>69561200
i could tear your nu-male limbs off with my pinky toe you cuck
>>
>>69561186
its just that i hate this obsession with muh authenticity, i could care less about /daily/
>>
>>69561142
This, muh MPB has grown a lot in chart threads

>>69561177
We know and all of you hues listen to the same shit
>>
>>69561229
how does it feel to be on the wrong side of male aesthetics
>>
>>69561186
>listens to popular modern music
gtfo pleb
>listens to music popular on /mu/
hivemind! go find your own taste
>listens to anything artsy, contrarian, or not conforming to mu's standards
you're toxic! you're whats wrong with this board!

sigh :/
>>
>>69561256

>fashion over function

You're not going make it a year when society collapses next year.
>>
>>69561229
upload a pic of yourself and your music taste and I'll believe it

otherwise go tip your fedora someplace else
>>
>>69561251
>We know and all of you hues listen to the same shit
yeah, because all the other users have very unique taste
>>69561296
the last one happens the most
>>
>>69561315
thank god, enjoy your shitty "consciousness"
>>
File: me.jpg (47KB, 579x604px) Image search: [Google]
me.jpg
47KB, 579x604px
>>69561316
Above & Beyond, Eric Prydyz, Audien, Pearl Jam, the list goes on...
>>
>>69561340
I'd say the middle happens more, I see way too much new-friends posting with mu-core and getting assblasted by just about anybody.

(mainly poseurs tbqh)
>>
File: 1423700212960.jpg (23KB, 500x502px) Image search: [Google]
1423700212960.jpg
23KB, 500x502px
>>69561296
>sigh :/
>>
>>69561251
start listing off muh MPB right now faggot, I'll start:

Antônio Carlos Jobim
Gilberto Gil
Nara Leão
Ed Lincoln
Ed Motta
Cartola
Baden Powell
Marcos Valle
Caetano Veloso
Milton Nascimento
Roberto Menescal

according to the OP if you listen to any of these you are officially a poseur and need to leave /mu/ forever
>>
>>69561407
explain why there is anything wrong with emoticons
>>
>>69561020

>grazhdanskaya oborona

every Russian born after the 80s and every young person into Russian culture is posturing?
>>
>>69561382
yea if you only lurk those horrible chart threads
>>69561427
>lists ed motta but forgets his uncle
dude
>>
>>69561407
>I know! I'll post a pic of a neckbeard tipping his fedora! It's just as funny as all the other neckbeard posts!
>He's a neckbeard! H-he's autistic! c-c-cuck!
>>
>>69561497
neckbeard detected
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.