[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some good websites to read about music

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0826.jpg (15KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0826.jpg
15KB, 220x220px
What are some good websites to read about music
>>
>>69559650
not pic related
>>
File: Pitchfork 2009 to 2015.png (1MB, 1007x1976px) Image search: [Google]
Pitchfork 2009 to 2015.png
1MB, 1007x1976px
>((((Pitchfork)))))
>>
>>69559957
hip hop and r&b have become more culturally salient than they were in 2009. Easy explanation
>>
The Quietus, Tiny Mix Tapes and The Skinny.
>>
>>69559957
>only 2 years
cherrypicking/10
>>
>>69559650
The Quietus is decent for finding new stuff, but they try a bit too hard to be contrarian, for example giving Album of the Year to a mediocre Gazelle Twin album a few years back just because it didn't get much coverage. Still worth reading

RYM is hit and miss obviously, there are some good reviews on there, and I like getting the variety of opinions
>>
>>69559650
RYM is mostly very bad, but there are a few awesome reviewers to follow if you can find them.
>>
wikipedia
>>
>>69559957
If you're making the point that white people have been slipping, I'm inclined to agree with you.

It's worse than music, too. Movies by/for whites have gone down the shitter as well.
>>
>>69559957
White people arent cool anymore. Kanye getting a 10.0 in 2010 started a paradigm shift in indie culture that effectively killed it. Now we just have a bunch of white college kids listening to trap music and pop hip hop.
>>
>>69560638
it was this way 10 years ago.
>>
>>69559957
lol how the fuck can they rate "constantly hating" as the highest from barter 6?
>>
>>69559957
they really need to lay off of kendrick's dick. he's trash.
>>
>>69560093
>>69560097
Ok who are some RYM users who write good reviews?
>>
Discogs
>>
>>69562223
No idea, I browse by album/artist, don't really pay attention to who the users are
>>
>>69560029
>The Quietus

their website layout is fucked lmao. like its not that bad but its just bad enough to sour my internet appetite
>>
>>69559650
>>69560029

i can't recall ever reading about music in a TMT review, but they're pretty cool. their year end best of lists are great for discovering artists, and they are clearly very smart guys, but I'm not annoyed that it's harder to figure out who they are than, say, p4k fuckers

p4k is unfortunate a lot of the time, but on albums of little consequence, their scores usually hit the nail on the fuckin head.
>>
>>69559650

tinymixtapes
>>
>>69562382
honestly TMT are just what p4k were 10 years ago
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.