[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

this better than replica

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: 1468172097203.jpg (51KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1468172097203.jpg
51KB, 600x600px
this better than replica
>>
G.o.d is better than both tho
>>
>>69557890

and Eccojams is better than all three
>>
>>69557688
Yup
>>69557890
GOD sucked and made his live shows shit
>>
it's a masterpiece. easily AOTY 2013.

really nothing's like it. hope history looks fondly on it
>>
>>69558307
>GOD sucked and made his live shows shit
I see you hate fun
>>
>>69557688

It's Terry Riley Lite.
>>
they are both amazing ? bye
>>
>>69558336
gb2tumblr
>>
>>69558318
Compared to his R+7 shows they're trash. Shitty live guitar with no type of cohesion in mixing tracks. Basically just played straight through the tracklist
>>
>>69558417
Ignoring live shows I think GoD is still a bit better. But all 3 albums are classics in my eyes. Danny boy is in my top 5 favorite artists.
>>
>>69558333
I can see you saying that with his earlier stuff, but Replica onwards is a pretty individual sound to Daniel
>>
>>69558443
I just didn't like the direction he went with GoD. He had that weird rock infused type thing he was doing it just didn't vibe with me. Hell I enjoy Returnal more than it.
>>
>>69558417
I haven't been to an R+7 show but loved seeing g.o.d. live. Hated the fuck out of SKIDROW being the opener, that was the worst shit ever. Amateur hour right there.
>>
>>69558505
the rock infused shit was amazing. the fact that it wasn't even rock in the first place but more some bizarre sound crafted by him for the album made it better
>>
>>69558513
I saw him at the little levitation mini festival in Chicago and Health was on before him which I didn't enjoy much. Basically just bouncing between really quiet then blasting feedback with no sense of dynamics. Got to see Gary Wilson though which was fucking dope.
>>
>>69558505
that's actually what made me like it a lot more
the whole hypergrunge thing is crazy
>>
>>69558505
I dunno, it was very unexpected but at a technical level it's so great. I prefer the concepts of the old albums but that doesn't mean much for me.
>>
>>69558318
>let's make a noisy pop album, what a novel concept

i get the concept, the >muh puberty and the >muh nostalgia and the >muh embarrassment clouded by social and technological progress. it's a clear theme of OPN's career. but GOD is clearly one of the most phoned in examples of it
>>
>>69558956
Only Sticky Drama feels poppy to me. The rest are nice progressive compositions.
>>
>>69558956

lmao G.O.D. isn't even noisy or pop, shut the fuck up if you don't know what you're talking about
>>
>>69558557
Holy shit, Gary Wilson X Lopatin when
>>
>>69559031
but it is in concept

otherwise it's just left-field electronic, maybeee experimental. it really builds on nothing he's done UNLESS you consider it noisy pop
>>
File: cover.jpg (175KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
175KB, 400x400px
has anyone listened to this?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.