[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

pop masterpiece, or pop garbage?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: Daft_Punk_-_Discovery.jpg (34KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Daft_Punk_-_Discovery.jpg
34KB, 300x300px
pop masterpiece, or pop garbage?
>>
>>69542137
pop average
>>
garbage
>>
Discovery is cool but Alive 2007 is just so much more hype
>>
>>69542137
Very good
>>
Age 12-18, the first half of this album was amazing and the rest was pretty good.

20-27, the first half is obnoxious, the second half is brilliant.
>>
>>69542670

>music taste deteriorating as you age
I am so sorry anon.
>>
File: Slint.png (37KB, 299x450px) Image search: [Google]
Slint.png
37KB, 299x450px
>>69542670
>digital love is obnoxious and not one of the greatest dance songs ever
>>
>>69542137
Masterpiece.
Not even a pop masterpiece, just a masterpiece.

Alive 2007 is still DP's magnum opus, just for Da Funk/Daftendirekt.
>>
>>69543039
if it's pop and a masterpiece, it's a pop masterpiece
>>
>>69542137
best album imo. This along with the weeb movie that came with it was incredible.
>>
File: PierpScaruffi.jpg (30KB, 548x308px) Image search: [Google]
PierpScaruffi.jpg
30KB, 548x308px
>If One More Time sounds like an amateurish version of Chic's hits and Digital Love sounds like an amateurish version of the Buggles, if Harder Better Faster Stronger is the kind of futuristic cabaret ditty that Aqua does better and if the ten-minute Prince-like soul shuffle Too Long is just... too long, on the other hand the Bach-like guitar fugue of Aerodynamic, the harp-like intermezzo of Voyager, the Mozart-ian aria of Veridis Quo do to Moroder what Stereolab did to Françoise Hardy: decontextualize it and turn it upside down while making it more sophisticated and erudite.
>>
>>69545042
He's not wrong
>>
>>69545042
I like Discovery now
>>
>>69545117

>comparing pop house music to fucking Back and Mozart

come on now
>>
>>69542137
great work of art
masterpiece
only really works with the movie
>>
>>69545227
>Back
Also, it's really not that outlandish, it's better than comparing music to literature or film, for example
>>
>>69545042
>tfw he gave Aqua's first album a 7/10 and though Discovery was trash
This is when I stopped caring about scaruffi as a whole
>>
File: beppe grillo.jpg (22KB, 393x361px) Image search: [Google]
beppe grillo.jpg
22KB, 393x361px
>>69545042
>he gave Aqua first album a 7/10
>he is praised here
>>
>>69542670
You have shittier taste now than when you did when you younger.
>>
>Discovery
>Disco very
mfw
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.