[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Germany in the 1970s

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: Faust - Faust_enl.jpg (37KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Faust - Faust_enl.jpg
37KB, 500x500px
>why is german music so based
i saw a thread in here yesterday about German music in the 70s. the reason this interested me was that bands like faust, can, popol vuh, Gila, Klaus Schulze, Neu!, La Dusseldorf, Ash ra, tangerine dream, nico, ect... emerged. Im convinced this is the best time for music. what do u guys think?
>>
Germans have always been a cut above the rest when it comes to art. Take alook at Cinema, the expressionistic nature of Germans in art is very obvious.

Germans choose to oppose the rules and guidlines placed by other countries on art. Making their art truly express something, usually at the sacrifice of accessibility.

The question shouldn't be
>why is german music so based
but
>why is german music so different
>>
>>69540272
nailed it, plus there was a real need for creative young people after the war, giving us artists like these
>>
>>69540272
>>69540216
Both of you are completely clueless. The krautrock scene emerged from the 68 counter revolution against the remnants of Nazi culture. Krautrock was a very short-lived movement that later on got appropriated for German New Wave (shit). German film and art is stagnating at best. We had Fassbinder, Wim Wenders and, recently, the Toni Erdmann movie. But most of the art produced in the last 50 years is cheesy and irrelevant. The only real florating scene is techno. French art has been much more influent recently.
>>
German here; I know about krautrock and early electronic music and stuff but does anyone know any good modern German bands? I always thought the modern German music scence sucks but maybe I'm just ignorant.
>>
>>69540272
but the first krautrock album was made by american's you dolts
>>
>>69540441
You're right.
There's Einstürzende Neubauten, Die Nerven or Die Heiterkeit but most of it is shit. Don't get me started on Deutschrap. Most people have a really weird view on German art I guess.
>>
>>69540216
"Best" is pretty subjective, but I agree it was a great time. I get a special kind of kick out of krautrock, berlin school, progressive electronic and that synth heavy early ambient.
It's a shame that most people here only try listening to Tago Mago, Neu! s/t and Faust s/t, which are really some of the odd ones out in the genre, and dismiss them as nonsensical experimental repetitive bullshit. Krautrock is super groovy and fun.

>>69540386
What? They only mentioned artists from before the 80s, and in that aspect they're not wrong, especially compared to many other countries. You're right about the recent stagnation though.
>>
>>69540441
https://youtu.be/MAN5FgQ5M4g
>>
File: g*rmans.png (434KB, 1186x889px) Image search: [Google]
g*rmans.png
434KB, 1186x889px
>>69540272
>>69540342
I wonder who could be behind these posts...
>>
>>69540486
>don't get me started on Deutschrap
What's wrong with Deutschrap? Prezident, Sichtexot, Retrogott, Kamikazes...they are pretty good imo
>>
>>69540506
What krautrock do u like?
>>
>>69540386
I agree with especially the last part of this statement. French art has been the high brow stuff for a while now.
>>
Agreed. Late 60's to early 70's. Big fan of Nico, Neu!, TangDream, Faust, Talktalk, Stereolab and everything. Most bands with krautrock influence are quite pleasing to the ear. I love their instrumentation.

Pls gibe recs
>>
>>69540441
The Notwist are pretty good. I liked most of their albums although I still haven't listened to their latest.
Neon Golden especially is really amazing.

Krautrock to me is such an experience and I regret picking up on it so late.
I grew up on 'Ostrock', which is basically unoriginal, tame rock music, at least most of it, but it gets praised to hell and back by former DDR citizens because that's all they knew.
Makes me kinda sad that apparently so few people in general got exposed to Krautrock in its prime. Nobody I know has heard of Can, Faust, Amon Düül etc.
>>
>>69540386

German here, can confirm.

Imagining Germany as a nation of art is as wrong as it gets.
All the tasteful movies, all the pop music, all the TV series everyone bingewatches are imported from the Anglosphere, or Scandinavia, or France.

There's not much going on here.
>>
>>69541260
Those are the best the genre has to offer and they're lyrically derivative and musically irrelevant. It's just a terrible fad that has outlived its purpose.
>>
>>69541372
If you mean bands, then Amon Duul II (probably my favorite), Agitation Free, A.R. & Machines, Embryo, Guru Guru, Harmonia, Can, Cluster, Gila, Brainticket, Ashra (not so much Tempel) and Manuel Gottsching, Tangerine Dream and Klaus Schulze, and a bunch of 1-2 album bands from the period that are more psych/prog than krautrock, but still share a lot of similarities.

Krautrock is a rather tiny genre, so there's only a dozen or so significant bands out there, other than the bunch of stray obscure single albums scattered around. It's literally a genre where you're safe to just google "krautrock albums" and 90% of the time it's something outstanding.
>>
File: 1481220989407.jpg (81KB, 785x757px) Image search: [Google]
1481220989407.jpg
81KB, 785x757px
>>69541082
>Splitting Catholicism
>Implying it was a bad thing

Fuck Cathocucks
>>
>>69540486
>>69541564
What about Käptn Peng? I feel like he is one of the better german rap-artists
>>
>>69540386
Germany is EASILY the best country for music. Maybe not for the past half-century but prior to that they've been unmatched since the baroque era.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.