[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Garage Rock

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

I made a Top 60s Garage Rock playlist.

Which songs should be in there according to you?

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLd2V-tNV6Vb83rhs9WFvpoHw4_vSVFlGM
>>
the one way streets - we all love peanut butter
the dovers - she's not just anybody
the slaves - you are the only one
the brigands - would i still be her big man
>>
>>69537305
Thanks for replying, mate.

>the one way streets - we all love peanut butter
I dig peanut butter and I certainly dig this song. Love the lyrics, as well.

>the dovers - she's not just anybody
Love this one, has that typical 60s garage rock atmosphere of hope, love and despair at the same time.

>the slaves - you are the only one
Like the Link Wrayish tremolo. First Austrian garage band I've heard as well!

>the brigands - would i still be her big man
The atmosphere of the song fits the theme perfectly, but for some reason I don't really like the rhythm of the song. Still, good tune though.
>>
>>69537407
>Like the Link Wrayish tremolo.
thanks for finally describing what it is i love about this song

>First Austrian garage band I've heard as well!
if you want more austrian stuff, there's this 2 volume compilation called schnitzelbeat (which is where i found the song)
most of it is garbage though, so buyer beware
>>
>>69537438
My pleasure. And I'll certainly check out the schnitzelbeat compilations(great name by the way), thanks!
>>
If you're British........
John's Children-Remember Thomas A. Beckett
The Smoke-My Friend Jack
Anything by David Jones and The King Bees or The Lower Third.
Anything by The Rockin' Vicars

If you're American..........
Anything by The Standells The Sonics and The Wailers (And possibly The Litter)
>>
The Music Machine-The Eagle Never Hunts the Fly

The Del-Vetts-Last Time Around
>>
>>69538300

>John's Children-Remember Thomas A. Beckett
Not really digging those vocals. Interesting piece though.

>The Smoke-My Friend Jack
This is one of my favorite tunes of all time. Absolutely blinding song. It's like cocaine to me. In fact, it's better than cocaine. However, I have it classed under psychedelic rock, not garage rock.

I'll check out the other bands you posted a little later, which I'm sure will be fun as I like The Standells (Rari / Mr. Nobody), The Sonics (Have Love, Will Travel), The Wailers (High Wall - one of the most atmospheric instrumentals ever created) and The Litter (Action Woman).

>>69538320

>The Music Machine-The Eagle Never Hunts the Fly
Not feeling this one, to be honest. I like that band picture of them though, has a certain Clockwork Orange feel to it.

>The Del-Vetts-Last Time Around
Now you're talking! I love this tune. I'm still toying with the idea of adding this one to my best of garage playlist.
>>
Frat Rock! The Greatest Rock 'n' Roll Party Tunes of All-Time

is a comp with quite a few classics
>>
>>69539061
Good call! Some quality tunes on there - Wooly Bully, Louie Louie, Nobody But Me, Wild Thing, etc.
>>
Them- Gloria
>>
Watusu Zombie by Jan Davis is an essential Garage Rock / Psychedelic Rock single from 1964.
>>
>>69539173
Absolute top, top tune. It's already on the list, though.

>>69539241
Essential it is, but not really my taste to be fair.
>>
Beautiful song about a boy worrying about a girl's love.

The Knights Of The Road - Do You Really Care?
>>
Wailers - Out of our Tree
Music Machine - Talk Talk
Zakary Thaks - Bad Girl
Standells - Dirty Water
Syndicate Of Sound - Little Girl
The Humane Society - Knock Knock
>>
>>69539857
Thanks for posting, much appreciated.

>Wailers - Out of our Tree
The Wailers were the first garage band to cover Louie Louie. It turned into a garage rock anthem and many bands would cover it. Not long after, The Kingsmen covered it and went on to score a monster hit and arguably the most famous garage rock song ever. I like this one though.

>Music Machine - Talk Talk
I like the bass that comes in about half a minute into the song. I like parts of the song, especially the shouting vocals, but it's a little too chaotic for me.

>Zakary Thaks - Bad Girl
Not for me this one, a little too "punky" if you catch my drift?

>Standells - Dirty Water
Quality tune this one. The Standells have some other cracking songs, Rari and Mr. Nobody being my other two favorites of theirs.

>Syndicate Of Sound - Little Girl
Smashing song. Got such an upbeat tempo and spring/summer vibe about it.

>The Humane Society - Knock Knock
Oh yessssssss!!!! Superb tune. Going straight in the list.
>>
Anymore?
>>
>>69537258
the kinks and the stooges my man
>>
>>69541105
Can't believe I missed out The Kinks. I suppose I was going for more obscure hits. Thanks for jogging my memory though.

Also, I Wanna Be Your Dog is a top garage tune which I have to add.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.