[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is Eminem's MBDTF

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

Prove me wrong.
>>
>>69531236
Fuck it, I'll bite.

If you're saying the two albums are similar: No. Recover and MBDTF have little to nothing in common. Both album have samples...that's about it.

If my 'Em's MBDTF' you mean it's his best album. Hell no. Slim Shady LP and (some parts of) Marshall Mathers LP and Eminem Show blow this stale garbage out of the water.
>>
i still think relapse is his best album....
>>
File: You.jpg (30KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
You.jpg
30KB, 400x400px
>>69531337
>Relapse
>Good
>>
>>69531310
They both showcase the post-fame lives of Kanye and Em with excruciating honesty.
>>
recovery is the worst rap album of all time and alongside b.o.b. and those other cornballs doomed the genre to years of whitebread teen girl garbage
>>
>>69531449
>Kanye post-fame
Bullshit. I hated 808s but it was still a popular as hell album. Hell I think Heartless was a #2 hit.

Plus the production on Em's album compared to Ye's pails by a fuckton.

>>69531478
Basically this.
>>
>>69531507
Obviously Recovery is way worse for a lot of reasons. But in each artist's discography, they come out at around the same spot in their career, and cover similar themes. That's the only comparison I'm making.
>>
>>69531236
>>69531449
>>69531719
>>
>kanye goes silent after 808s, records bdtf in hawaiim
>marshall gets obese, develops a drug habit, sets the donkey kong world record, records recovery

close enough
>>
>>69531449
If you think finding a single similarity between two albums makes them analogous, you are mistaken. What you said is true, but it isn't like people only praise MBDTF for being a portrayal of Kanye's post-fame life. Sure, there are many important post-fame themes throughout the album, but that isn't the only thing that makes MBDTF great. It's such a small similarity that you might as well say Recovery is like MBDTF because they both have the color red on their album artwork. It's a minute detail in the grand scheme of things.
>>
>>69531236
>It's been nearly 7 years since recovery came out

hold me brehs
>>
>>69531310
MMLP btfos SSLP, are you retarded
>>
>>69532272
Calm down, Stan. I just have personal taste.
>>
File: Yeezus_album_cover.png (167KB, 300x263px) Image search: [Google]
Yeezus_album_cover.png
167KB, 300x263px
This is Kanye's MBDTF

prove me wrong
>>
>>69532317
>I brush with mint toothpaste and wash with orange juice

Taste. Of course.
>>
>>69531310
>>69532202
OP isn't that out of line, both:
>a "Comeback" career moment
>Maximalist production
>Pop sensibility
>Duality of Ego and Self-hate
>themes: Fame, rehabilitation, temptation
>same year
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.