[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The 100 best albums of 2016 by Noisey

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: noisey.jpg (221KB, 1343x585px) Image search: [Google]
noisey.jpg
221KB, 1343x585px
The year is not over yet but we already have the worst list

https://noisey.vice.com/en_us/article/the-100-best-albums-of-2016
>>
went into this thinking 'hoo boi more americans not understanding brits again' but the first album on the list is an absolutely trash tape fucking hellll

rest of it is pretty solid though some good picks
>>
>>69531039
>worst list
agree
>>
>>69531039
Why the fuck does every 'end of year' list have the god damn Anohni album? It was terrible...

And I'm saying this as a fan of Antony!
>>
is there a straight white artist on this list?
>>
>>69531338
Nick Cave
>>
File: IMG_0242.jpg (185KB, 620x620px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0242.jpg
185KB, 620x620px
Terrible list, I was happy to see a sailors guide to the earth somewhat high up
>>
File: 1480986639111.jpg (4KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1480986639111.jpg
4KB, 200x200px
>>69531039
>Blackstar at 15
>The highest rated metal album is only at 20 and its fucking Oathbreaker (not a bad album but there were many better metal albums dropped this year)
>NICK CAVE AT FUCKING 82??!?!?
>>
>>69531338
How many straight white male artists active right now are any good?
>>
>that Top 5

Was Noisey ever good? Was any off-shoot branch of Vice ever good?

Can't fault Viceland at least, but the whole company's online presence is shit all around.
>>
>>69531039
To be honest, with all this poptimism and indie/ cuck-music retread, I can not tell the slightest difference between this and your average pitchfork list.

Can anyone give me a single difference?
>>
>>69531436
The highest rated metal album is at 6 and yes, it only made the top 10 because the dude is black
>>
LOL DUDE BLACK PEOPLE LMAO
>>
>>69531268
That album is 80 percent melisma. No shit it reminds me of someone like aguilera singing the national anthem
>>
>Top 10 are black people singing about being black

why is the bar for black musicians so fucking low? I feel like it's just setting themselves for mediocrity because people are so soft on them and are so terrified of actually being critical. It just feels like needy white liberals being like "See, black people? I like the stuff you like! Please love me!"
>>
>>69531590
Shit, didn't see that. I'm retarded.

But regardless Zeal and Ardor doesn't deserve to be the top metal album of the year either and especially not fucking number six.

>Vektor
>Insomnium
>Ulcerate
>Deathspell Omega
>Moonsorrow
>Dillinger

all these bands are getting shafted on this list because these people who know nothing about metal want to pretend they do
>>
File: 1479397132723.jpg (67KB, 448x518px) Image search: [Google]
1479397132723.jpg
67KB, 448x518px
>>69531741
>complains about needy white liberals
BUT MY PRECIOUS WHITE PRIDE WAAAAAH
it's funny how people are needy on both sides but you only attack the one the internet tells you to
>>
>>69531039
definitely the worst list
>>
>>69531268
This
I just want another Antony and the Johnsons record
The new electronic, poppy Anohni thing is painfully mediocre and the lyrics sound like a middle schooler could have written them
>>
>Zeal & Ardor's Devil is Fine brings together genres that rarely come close to one another, venturing far beyond the realms of metal. In an interview earlier this year, Manuel Gagneux explained that the album originated from a challenge on imageboard 4chan where he'd asked for ideas to make new music and received requests to create "black metal" and "nigger music" in return.
Is he /ourguy/ and actual "/mu/core"? Haven't actually listened to it but still.
>>
This board is infested with nig-nogs. Get out. GET OUT!
>>
A Seat at the Table is so insufferably boring. I didn't care for Lemonade but I at least get why somebody could like it. A Seat at the Table is a fucking snoozefest.

I miss Lauryn Hill, at least she did this shit right.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.