[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /mu/ think of Coldplay?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: Coldplay.jpg (45KB, 619x398px) Image search: [Google]
Coldplay.jpg
45KB, 619x398px
What does /mu/ think of Coldplay?
>>
Downhill from parachutes
>>
Went from being one of the few decent maisntream bands to generic pop music
>>
>>69523791
/thread
>>
>>69523791

they never were very good.
parachutes is okay, rush of blood has lots of boring songs on it.

rest is unlistenable.
>>
>>69523672
Parachutes is nice
AROBTTH is okay
The rest is shit save for a couple accidentally decent songs in Viva La Vida and Oceans in Ghost Stories
>>
they sounded like they always had the potential to make great songs, but never made them, cause they sold out far too soon
>>
parachutes 8/10
rush blood 8.5/10
xy 7.5/10
viva la vida 10/10
mylo 6.5/10
ghost stories 4/10
the new one 2/10
>>
Radiohead/Elbow for the masses
>>
>>69524231
>implying radiohead isnt for the masses
>>
>>69523672
>>69523672
A Rush Of Blood To The Head is a solid 9.9/10 for me with the only reason me not putting it as a 10 on my RYM because people here are assholes who would use it against me.

X&Y is also great, as is Viva La Vida as is Parachutes.

Their new stuff is shit and I wish Chris would get depressed again
>>
>>69524757
Ghost Stories is entirely depressing except for the couple obligatory radio-friendly songs
>>
this thread is spot on.
i am proud of you, /mu/
>>
>>69524009
>>69523755
>>69524108
Parachutes is by far the worst of their first 4, though. It's just melodramatic acoustic rock for teenagers. They matured a whole lot from that.
>>
>>69524792

its depressing for how bad it is, but thats it.
no genuine sadness behind it, as in "clocks" or "amsterdam" or most of parachutes.
>>
>>69524838
>matured
>included a different version of Clocks on each album

>>69524857
desu Oceans and O seemed pretty depressing to me but that's probably because I was going through a breakup and susceptible to nonsense like that
>>
>>69524657
>implying they know any songs except Creep
>>
>>69524838
this. i used to like parachutes a lot, but lots of other bands do it better.

everything viva la vida on is doodoo. i knew they were done when paradise came out
>>
trendy
>>
Parachutes is my 2nd favorite album
>>
>>69523672
I loved their first two albums (and the EPs they put out before that). They just wrote pretty straightforward but melodic and pleasant tunes with some semblance of emotion behind them.

Unfortunately since they "sold out", I can't listen to the early stuff anymore.
>>
>>69525169
The EP's were great, Easy to Please is haunting
>>
>>69524205
>the new one
kek

All things considered, they should fucking retire already.
>>
American not-good radiohead
>>
>>69525226
Coldplay are British too, jackass
>>
>>69525182
My favourite was always Bigger Stronger. But yeah I loved the early music and think they had such a good ear for a melody.

If they'd called it quits after X&Y they'd be one of my favourite bands without a doubt.
>>
>>69525226
how could you possibly listen to Chris Martin sing and think he's American
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.